Stinkers in the Dark

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Stinkers in the Dark

Post by Gen » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:42 pm

I am stuck getting the stinker out from behind the 3 elevated cages. I don't see a way to wake him up without getting caught in one of the cages. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks!
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Stinkers in the Dark

Post by Mark » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:26 pm

Gen wrote:I am stuck getting the stinker out from behind the 3 elevated cages.
Highlight Hidden Text to See Spoiler
Walk diagonally NE between the two cages.
Wake up the Wee Stinker, then one step at a time move Stinker diagonally SW between the two cages.
Last edited by Mark on Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mark
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:40 pm

Thanks Mark, I will give it a try! Appreciate the help! :D
ommy
Silver Wonderlander

spikeyballs

Post by ommy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:57 am

i'm stuck with the timing getting the stinker past the first spikeyball
Honeybee
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Honeybee » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:54 pm

I am stuck in 2 places in this level... the room with the 4 striped buttons. I haven't a clue :oops: none of the barrels stay up!!! I sure hope you don't have to take all the stinkers I've saved down there to stand on them, yikes!!!

Lower left room...there is only one space between the stinker and the spikey ball...I cannot get past it!!!

Thanks in advance.
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:08 pm

Honeybee, in the lower room with the spiked ball, it is a matter of timing. Save tthe game before you try to get past, then work on the timing. You will eventually get it. Once you get past save again. Save after getting the wee stinker out. You get the idea.

For the bottom right room with the four rainbow switches. You need to have a wee stinker stand on each of them, then all the barrels with stay up.

Good Luck!
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lizwiz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:15 pm

Honeybee wrote:I am stuck in 2 places in this level... the room with the 4 striped buttons. I haven't a clue :oops: none of the barrels stay up!!! I sure hope you don't have to take all the stinkers I've saved down there to stand on them, yikes!!!
Sorry but that's exactly what you have to do! It's not too difficult to get them down there provided you prevent them from taking any of their little 'side trips'
Honeybee wrote:Lower left room...there is only one space between the stinker and the spikey ball...I cannot get past it!!!
It's tricky but possible - you have to start to move when the spikeball is just past half way over the gap. When you do it right save!!! - remember you also have to get the stinker back. Oddly enough I found getting the stinker past it easier than getting myself past it. That section of this level I saved after just about every step I took :)

Thank you Patrick for making saves available during the adventures.
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:03 am

lizwiz wrote:Oddly enough I found getting the stinker past it easier than getting myself past it.
That because the stinker is much smaller than you and can squeeze through smaller gaps. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Pauline
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

stinker in the dark

Post by nancyec » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:07 am

I just got the stinker past the spikey ball (after about 4 million tries). It helps to click on the wee stinker & hold the click, move to where you want the stinker to go (while still holding the mouse click down), then release to get the timing right.

I'm just glad I didn't get too excited about getting him through that I forgot to save (I've done that before).
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

stinkers in the dark

Post by nancyec » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:16 am

Ugh! Here's another tip: when you get the wee stinker past the 1st spikey ball, wait to move him past the 2 spikey balls until you hear the roaming spikey ball click over the orange turn wheel or you might run your stinker into the returning spikey ball (I did, now I've got to do it again).
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:42 am

Here's a tip for this bit.

When you've got the stinker past the spikey balls there's a space either side of the path, stand the stinker in one side and you in the other. Wait till the roaming ball comes down and as it goes back up walk into your stinker and follow the ball, the stinker will follow you. Keep just a step or two behind it and then you can nip down the other path before it turns round.
:D
Pauline
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Re: stinkers in the dark

Post by lizwiz » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:56 pm

nancyec wrote:Ugh! Here's another tip: when you get the wee stinker past the 1st spikey ball, wait to move him past the 2 spikey balls until you hear the roaming spikey ball click over the orange turn wheel or you might run your stinker into the returning spikey ball (I did, now I've got to do it again).
If you are as slow as I am you need to wait for this and then count 22 "clicks" which means that the spike ball has just come down the passage and is on it's return journey. Then you can take your time moving.
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
kirkc
Gold Wonderlander

Re: stinlers in the dark

Post by kirkc » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:07 am

Timing is all!!!

kirkc
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Re: stinkers in the dark

Post by Erwin042 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:52 pm

lizwiz wrote: If you are as slow as I am you need to wait for this and then count 22 "clicks" which means that the spike ball has just come down the passage and is on it's return journey. Then you can take your time moving.
I've counted the spike's bounces from the orange timer and back. He does 43 bounces.