help me get the purple shard (i have the keys)

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
ommy
Silver Wonderlander

help me get the purple shard (i have the keys)

Post by ommy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:37 am

i can't figure out what to do with all the switching buttons. i can't get to them with all the thwarts firing at me!
bpurcell
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by bpurcell » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:50 am

Focus on what's right in front of you and determine what's important and what's not. Just because buttons exist doesn't mean you have to push them all.

Also, think about how you can disable a Thwart, temporarily.
ommy
Silver Wonderlander

d-u-h-

Post by ommy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:07 am

duh on me! , i'll try disabrrring it... i've gotten the white door down, so that's one safety spot... wish me luch

edit: um, er... that's wish me lucK .... another duh...
ommy
Silver Wonderlander

thank you t h a n k y o u T H A N K Y O U

Post by ommy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:27 am

trial and error, good timing and using tools wisely. and saving frequently!

thanks for the hints.

i guess there's more after returning to the temple, but as Scarlett O'Hara said: "tomorrow is... another day!"

oh, i guess i can change the time zone... -800...
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:26 am

I can't even get the third key (in the upper left quarter of the level).
Any help on this would be appreciated.

Also, I've tried going through to the switch section to work it out in advance and there are 2 different combinations to open the white gate. Neither give enough time to even get the second gate open before the Thwart comes back to life and shoots me.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:46 pm

Spoiler for key in upper left corner wrote:
You can 'blink' through fireballs. It takes practice and good and quick mouse control, but it can be done. 'Blink' forward at roughly the same time that you're fired upon.
Spoiler for opening gates wrote:
'Brrr' the Thwart. Go back for 'blink'. 'Blink' to just above the first lower button. 'Blink' to the three lower buttons, to the center aisle, to the rightmost upper button, to the center upper button, to the center aisle and back to the glove room. 'Brrr' the Thwart. 'Blink' to the gates and open them. Run like the wind or blink your way to the shard.
Hope this helps....

Mette
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm

Thanks so much for your help Mette! Got the purple shard now! :D :D :D

Still a long way to go before full completion though ... I'm not so good on the arcade games. My fingers aren't quick enough for most of them! :roll: :lol:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
txpeach
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txpeach » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:44 pm

Another thing that would have helped me a lot was the ability to rearrange my inventory bag. Getting those gates unlocked while fumbling to find the key in my bag was a nightmare. I fried over and over again. A true genius posted that you can rearrange your bag contents by right clicking what you want to move and right click again where you want to place it. Having those keys in a quick access spot would have helped tremendously!

Peggy
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:54 pm

txpeach wrote:Another thing that would have helped me a lot was the ability to rearrange my inventory bag. Peggy
Ah, but you can!!!

Open your inventory.
Right click an item and you'll see "swap" at the top. Then click where you want to put it. That will help arrange your inventory. :D
Loirae
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:07 pm

Wow I got the purple shard! But the game ended so to speak. I'm a bit confused as to how it could end. I hadn't finished in the Arcade, I had never gone through that white gate in town that you needed 104 stars for etc.

I guess I can go back and do those things now huh? Now I can see how others could have completed the game without doing everything. I guess that's kinda cool though.
Last edited by rescuefire on Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
bpurcell
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by bpurcell » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:32 pm

That's a pretty common gaming tool. Give an option for the straight and narrow game path to the finish. Offer fun extras for those die hard fans who want more.
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:18 am

How do you get the key pointed out in the pic? I have the one to the far right, but when I try to "blink" to this one it doesn't work. Help!
txpeach
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txpeach » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:23 am

SPOILER!
Blast an ice pad next to it with Brr (it helps if you freeze the Thwart shooting at you too!
Have fun!
Peggy
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:23 am

Gen, you must have done this level completely differently to me.
That was the key I got first by using the Brrr power which cleared the way for using the Blink power for the next one.
8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:47 pm

Thanks for the hint, Peggy and Liz. Leave it to me to do it backwards! :oops:
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:59 am

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.
When you get to the part where you have to use the keys to open the gates leading to the purple shard, power up the Brr. The run to the first gate. Open the first gate. You can Brr the Thwart from behind the ice. Then you can open the other gates with no problem. Then run for the shard.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:25 am

:D :D :D This was actually an easy level, Now to find the levels I missed to get them dangy gold stars.

Anything on that pretty flower in my bag? :shock: :lol:
Keeks
Honeybee
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Honeybee » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:38 pm

Is anyone else experiencing problems Brrr'ing thwarts. I have collected all of the keys and have not been able to freeze any of them to this point. This only occurs for me in certain Adventures. I've got my fingers crossed that I will be able to work the colored buttons with these guys unfrozen!!! Any ideas what's going on?

A hint for the 2 keys in lower right quadrant:
retrieve the key on the extreme right first...the key on the left blocks the fire from the thwart...pick the left key up on the way back.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:22 am

You can freeze the thwart standing just above the gates like this:
Stand in the glove room, by the wall just below the path leading to the gates.
From here you can just see the thwart at the extreme right of your screen.
Freeze him, then grab the blink glove. Blink to the gates and open them.
You can always keep blinking back and forth if you need to refreeze the thwart.
Then blink to the exit.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Honeybee
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Honeybee » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:53 pm

Liz Mayhew wrote:You can freeze the thwart standing just above the gates like this:
Stand in the glove room, by the wall just below the path leading to the gates.
From here you can just see the thwart at the extreme right of your screen.
Freeze him, then grab the blink glove. Blink to the gates and open them.
You can always keep blinking back and forth if you need to refreeze the thwart.
Then blink to the exit.
Maybe I didn't explain my problem clearly enough. Yes, I can stand where you suggest, can see thwart, and with a fully loaded, ready to go freeze function, it just will not work... . my cursor will not leave that mark on him that sends it over. Same with trying to freeze the guy lower left.

The only time this function works for me in this adventure is when I start the adventure entirely new and fresh. I can walk right over to that spot and freeze the heck out of this guy. Once I start to SAVE GAME, I am TOTALLY unable to freeze anymore...my cursor will not mark the target area, but will mark any solid surrounding area. I am at a loss...
panjit
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by panjit » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:49 pm

Can anyone explain how to open the white gate. I notice from the above replies it says turn it to green - but I don't have a green key. I only have a rainbow one and the ones collected on this level - have I missed something?
Panjit x
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:14 am

To open the white gate you pop the white/rainbow colour change timer button, and while the gate is rainbow coloured you pop the square rainbow switch.
Pauline