Uh-oh--Technical problem

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Sue
Gold Wonderlander

Uh-oh--Technical problem

Post by Sue » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi everyone, it seems I've somehow frozen my game by saving it too quickly after my stinker was zapped by a thwart in the purple shard area. Does that make any sense? I'll try to explain. Rather than waiting for the game to end so that I could either re-load or save, I hit save right after he was zapped. So now, when I load my game it brings it to the point that he was zapped, but it stays right there. It won't go to game over or whatever it says when your stinker dies. None of my keys work either. I have to hit ctrl-alt-delete just to get out of the game. Any techies out there? Am I doomed to go back to Feb. 23. -- my second saved slot? I reeaally don't want to do that. Thanks for any help! Sue
LAN
Gold Wonderlander

Post by LAN » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:27 am

When was the last time you defragmented your hard drive?
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Uh-oh--Technical problem

Post by dlcs18 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:39 am

Sue wrote:Hi everyone, it seems I've somehow frozen my game by saving it too quickly after my stinker was zapped by a thwart in the purple shard area. Does that make any sense? I'll try to explain. Rather than waiting for the game to end so that I could either re-load or save, I hit save right after he was zapped. So now, when I load my game it brings it to the point that he was zapped, but it stays right there. It won't go to game over or whatever it says when your stinker dies. None of my keys work either. I have to hit ctrl-alt-delete just to get out of the game. Any techies out there? Am I doomed to go back to Feb. 23. -- my second saved slot? I reeaally don't want to do that. Thanks for any help! Sue
Try pressing Esc
dlcs18
Sue
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Sue » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:18 am

Thanks y'all. I don't really know when I defragged last. Probably should go ahead and do that. And for some reason I hadn't even thought of hitting escape. It worked. I'll have to restart the adventure, but it shouldn't take too long to get back to where I was since I've done it about a million times. :wink: Sue