MOFI - BLink River

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

MOFI - BLink River

Post by nancyec » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:45 am

help pls....how to get the turtle into position....and do you need to use both turtles? Tks!
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

Blink river - figured it out

Post by nancyec » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:00 am

Finally!

Spoiler:
1st go to grow charger, walk straight 8 steps (toward turtle area), stop and put a grow (#1) all the way to your left (this will be in front of a stone column).... use one path to get to turtles & lead one turtle out to the grow you just placed.....place another grow (#2) in front of the third row w/ a blue button (use spy-eye to check), be sure to place it far out and parallel w/ the grow #1, then lead the second turtle out to that grow. Go to blink charger, use blinks very carefully as follows: blink 1: get through red gate, blink 2: blink to turtle that stopped by grow #2, blink 3: blink to grassy area in front of row 3 blue button, blink 4: blink to row 3 blue button, blink 5: blink back to grassy area, blink 6: blink back to turtle by grow #2, blink 7: blink across to turtle by grow #1, blink 8: blink across to main area, step on green button to let down gate, get 4 jewels, blink 9: across to star
Hope that's understandable.
The_Merlin
Gold Wonderlander

I'm stuck

Post by The_Merlin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:46 pm

Sorry Nancy ,I don't understand it.
Where do I put the first plant?
Which row do I need to blink to? The 3rd?
I can't get a good view with all those water trees.
I'm also stuck at the Ascent.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:20 pm

Yes, third row.
The_Merlin
Gold Wonderlander

Post by The_Merlin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:34 pm

I made it after many times cos I always started blinking to the first turtle. Then I read the spoiler again and I knew my mistake.

Thank you Nancy!! Now I understand it!

Now on to the chomper area in the Ascent again.
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:42 pm

I'm sure I really understand this spoiler. I have managed to make back to land and the green button, but I am out of blinks to get the star, what did I do wrong?
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Count: 1st blink to first turtle, 2nd to shore, 3rd to button, 4th to shore, 5th to turtle, 6th to next turtle, 7th to safe land. You should have 3 blinks to reach the star :lol:
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:59 pm

This is how I have it:
walk across green stones to turtles, get them in position, walk back across green stones to get blink power, then
1 to turtle
2 to the land strip between turtle and blue button
3 to blue button
4 back to land strip
5 to turtle
6 back to land where turtles origionated
7 to the other turtle
8 back to main land and green button
no blinks left to get to star

Am I not supposed to go thru the red gate toward the left after getting my blink power? Do I go back around?
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:12 pm

dylan1298 wrote:This is how I have it:
6 back to land where turtles origionated7 to the other turtle
8 back to main land and green button
no blinks left to get to star

Am I not supposed to go thru the red gate toward the left after getting my blink power? Do I go back around?
Bold part is where you're wrong. Blink from turtle to turtle
No, you don't have to go back behind the red gates. Follow my instructions, and you'll be fine :wink:
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:23 pm

Would you mind starting from the beginning, cause now I am so confused. :oops:
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:32 pm

Never mind, I was putting turtle one in the wrong spot and wasting a blink, thanks, I figured it out. I feel so dumb :evil:
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:07 pm

That's quite allright, Dylan. I'm happy you figured it out by yourself, feels good, doesn't it? :lol:
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:28 pm

Sometimes it does, sometimes it is just darn frustrating.
Zanne
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Zanne » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:48 pm

i think i'm being incredably dense. i just can't get this one! can someone please supply - in VERY easy to follow steps - exactly what to do? i just can't do it and it's driving me crazy!:?:

Nancy - your directions are brilliant - but can you simplify for us thickies? i can't figure out how to get from turtle #1 back to mainland as i don't have a line of sight! and if i move it, i then can't see it from #2! help!

Thanks!
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

more blink river

Post by nancyec » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:31 am

You're right, because of all the trees, your line of sight is obscured. The trick is that you actually don't have to "see" where you are going. If you can figure out close to where you want to go, you can right click & point the blink there. Even if you can only see leaves, if you're pointing on the turtle, you'll get the blink arrows & be able to blink there. If you're pointing at only water, you won't get the blink arrows. (same theory for placing grow as well, put your grow arrows where you want to go, even if it's covered by leaves. You might have to trial & error the correct path. IF all else fails, get some graph paper & map it out. That's what I have to do sometimes.

Hope that helps!

I've quit & restarted the game from the beginning. Somehow, I was a key short for the big stone bridge (7 keys) and the gems/coins on each side (2 keys each side). I can only open the bridge & one side & can't figure out where the other key might be. I hate the beginning puzzles that I have to do w/o a spy-eye. Hopefully I can find that other key this time through.
Zanne
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Zanne » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:27 am

thanks nancy - i'l give it a try.

i can get to #1, then etc etc, but from #2 to mainland? can't do it. haven't got a straight line of sight so blink spells don't work! help!
Last edited by Zanne on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
cookingcassy
Bronze Wonderlander

MOFI - Blink River still stuck

Post by cookingcassy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:25 pm

I'm soooo stuck. I've read the spoiler posted by Nancy and I just don't follow. Can someone put up a picture showing the grow plants and the turtles final destiamtion please.
fiffi
Rainbow Seeker

Post by fiffi » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:13 pm

yes please, i must be a thicko as well as i dont even get where the turtles go I have read and read it over again I wrote it down so i could follow it step by step but, i still get it wrong, i cant seem to get where the grow have to go i dont know if i am puting the grow in the right column,
please somebody help thanks.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:03 pm

Maybe Loirae has some pics to pm you. I haven't, sorry.
Inger
Norway
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

Post by nancyec » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:13 pm

I redid blink river last night & I think my instructions are wrong:
when you place that 1st grow, it's 6 steps from the grow charger, not 8....try it that way
I don't know how to do screen shots. If you can explain or send a link I could try.
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:19 pm

I can not PM them. Even though all my inbox and sent boxes are empty, it says I've reached the maximum for attachments. Since an image can't be put in spoiler text, I'm waiting to hear if it is ok with Midnight Synergy to post the images here or if it's too much.

Until then, here's the best description I can write:
The Grow flowers and turtles go here:
1. From the Grow charge pad, walk 6 steps left. Directly below you there should be a clear shot to the tan rock. Place a flower one spot north of it. Walk over to the turtles. As one comes up the right side and turns left, stand directly above the grassy area so the turtle must turn right instead. He will come to rest on that first Grow flower. Move before the second turtle comes around.

2. Walk down to the bank of the river that is kind of ...mountain shaped...like this:
|
---]
-------]
--x]
|
Stand in the corner of it I've marked with "x". (You should be directly right of the second buch in the turtle's grassy area.) Point your Grow arror as far to the right as you can, haly of it might even be off screen. Grow a flower there. Move up 1 and left 2 so the turtle is directed into the water. He will stop against that plant.
Blinks:
1. Blink across the gate
2. Stand on the left river bank by where you sent the second turtle in:
* blink right to the bottom turtle
* right to the island
* right to the button
* left to the island
* left to the turtle (who hides under a tree branch)
* up to the other turtle (also hiding, I think)
* up/right diagonal to land. (you'll land on the tile 1 right from where you had to stand to grow the flower.)
3. You should have one more blink charge so you can collect the gems and blink to the star.
I hope that helps.
Loirae
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Loirae, you can delete you own postedMB. Click on the pm button in one of your posts, there should be a link there to all your uploads.
Inger
Norway
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:27 pm

Thanks Inger, but that's not the part that's over limit. Only the part that controls the PM boxes. I can post an image here with no problem. But I don't know if Patrick wants that huge of a spoiler posted yet in a way that can't be hidden. I decided to go with written text for now and perhaps at a later date, if approved, images.

I hope the descriptions above are not to hard to understand. :oops:
Loirae
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:36 pm

I see, sorry.

I don't know about how understandable your hints are, since I already know how to do it. :wink: Let the people talk, so to speak :lol: :lol:
Inger
Norway
Zanne
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Zanne » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:22 pm

thanks guys. the
six steps
thing works!
fiffi
Rainbow Seeker

Post by fiffi » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:58 pm

thanks for all your help, i finally finished and got the gold star.
K2MM
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by K2MM » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:23 pm

Help pls. I am on blink river. I did'nt get eye-spy . How do I go back and get it? Thanks
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:33 pm

You need to walk all the way to the Camp.
Inger
Norway
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

Post by nancyec » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:01 pm

you have to go back to the area w/ the merchant, talk to all the little guys around there, one of them will give you the spy-eye.....always talk to the different little guys in each area, ask them all the questions you can, sometimes they'll give you stuff
K2MM
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by K2MM » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:24 pm

Thanks. I got it and finished blink river with all your help. I am now starting on the ascent.