MOFI - The Tree of Life

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:44 pm

spoiler wrote:On your way up to get the coins you must run over the piles on the left.
So they go away!
You BLINK down over the water where the piles were.
You must BLINK when the chomper is going up to second pile on the right!
If you can't get it now, you'll have to wait until we are allowed to post a picture.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:45 pm

It seems we did it different ways, Inger.
No wonder we can't help these poor people. :shock:
jg
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:10 pm

I got the chomper where you told me!
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:17 pm

Well, there you go!
The rest should be easy.
jg
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:46 pm

Not that different, Janet. It doesn't matter if you blink first or run first over the bridge, but it might sound confusing, I admit.

Sorry if I confuse you people, it was never my intention.

Janet, sinse you're a natural english, I'll leave it to you. My english doesn't always make sense, or at least, I'm not that good in english when it comes to special words :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Inger
Norway
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:05 pm

No, no..............you do a very fine job.
We were BOTH trying to describe it at the SAME time using DIFFERENT solutions.

Please, please...(I'll beg if I have to :lol: )....... don't leave me here alone!!!!!! :lol:
jg
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I wont, Janet, only for this level :wink:
Inger
Norway
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:09 pm

I actually find it easiest to...

...do this:
Blink up the left bridges (logs, circle wooden things, who knows?), quickly collect the coins, and stand above the left bridges. While the chomper is walking along the bridges, walk over to the right side, and when the chomper is two tiles away from you, blink down to the second bridge, and RUN! The chomper will be stuck on the top bridge, and you will be safe. :D
All our solutions have the same concept, so there's not really much difference, is there?
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Darshan
Are you sure you blink from right to the left side? Then you're using one more blink than I. :? I just run when the chomp hits (almost) the first one step bridge. And I don't stop until I'm all down. Then I walk a little up before I blink past the chasm.
Inger
Norway
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:37 pm

Don't you just love this game? :shock: :roll: :lol:
I absolutely love it when many people can accomplish the same thing by doing it each in his/her own way!
jg
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:07 pm

Lovin' it isn't enough, it's more, much, much more :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Inger
Norway
ommy
Silver Wonderlander

help me please

Post by ommy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:13 am

i've read this entire thread and still cannot get the chomper off the second island. either i get killed first or he does not follow. where do i have to lead him to get him to follow me? or does he go first and i follow... i'm so *grrrr* frustrated

any ideas??
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:31 am

If I remember correctly:
Blink to the island with the chomper and stand in a wat that puts the bouncer between you. That way when he comes to you, he'll bounce to the second island. DO NOT follow right away.

Wait for him to land and come toward you. He'll be on the other side of the wall from you. When he's at the southern most point, bounce yourself up there and then quickly run and stand next to the bouncer top right. Chomper will come up to you and run into the bouncer again, knocking him off the island and onto the main strip. Wait for him to go up and right towards you. Then bounce yourself across to the main strip.
See if that gets you freed up to try the rest of it.
Loirae
ommy
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ommy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:41 am

on to more adventures!!

- ommy
K2MM
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by K2MM » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:29 pm

I could not do this without you all. I have actually made it all the way to the buttons. Could someone take pity on me and give me a clue about the order?I want OUT....
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:42 pm

SPOILER FOR LAST BUTTONS
Buttons numbered from left to right: 1 2 3 4. Start with nr 3,1,2,4 (this is based on my memory, I didn't acually checked, so if I'm wrong, please son't kill me :wink:
Inger
Norway
moggy

Post by moggy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:29 pm

help help help the chomper gets me every time on the second island before i get to bouncer what am i doing wrong :
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:39 pm

I don't know what you're doing, but here's what I do:
Once you've landed, walk quickly N of the bouncer, close to the wall.
Inger
Norway
moggy

Post by moggy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:48 am

wow i finally got of second island and safe gobbled gems so now for next bit !!!!!!
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:58 am

Loirae wrote:If I remember correctly:
Blink to the island with the chomper and stand in a wat that puts the bouncer between you. That way when he comes to you, he'll bounce to the second island. DO NOT follow right away.

Wait for him to land and come toward you. He'll be on the other side of the wall from you. When he's at the southern most point, bounce yourself up there and then quickly run and stand next to the bouncer top right. Chomper will come up to you and run into the bouncer again, knocking him off the island and onto the main strip. Wait for him to go up and right towards you. Then bounce yourself across to the main strip.
Actually, you don't even need to go to the second island. When the chomper bounces up there, just walk right to the right wall. The chomper will come straight down, and bounce to the main island.
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
moggy

Post by moggy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:05 am

done it at last i can go to bed now and relax (sad aren't i)
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:01 pm

:D Thanks you all for the help! I'm not sure if I would've finished it by myself, but I'm sure I would've been very tired of the fast moves with the chomper :evil:

I did it first Inger's way
After the second island, walking all the way through the top-left corner. Then I had collected the gems first of all
After I finished I did also Pauline's way, and then I had even one blink over. :D

In the red timer area, I did always Janet's way.

It's nice to read all this. Of course this is more work then if I could find one official walkthrough on a website, but this is just fun isn't it? :D
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:38 pm

Marinus wrote: It's nice to read all this. Of course this is more work then if I could find one official walkthrough on a website, but this is just fun isn't it? :D
All for one and one for all!
Yes, it is fun.
jg
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:50 pm

I can't get the stupid chomper to stay on the stupid red button at the last of this level......I keep waiting until he is lined up with the right hand side of the barrels....move over quickly in front of the red dumb button, and he...the stupid chomper....moves right along with me...he must have indigestion from all of the times he has eaten me.....now I have watched the video...thank you Salin I think.....but I just can not get the last part of this level....I have played it until my hand is about to fall off.... :shock:

Okay, maybe I need more time to blink across to the coin area with the chomper behind me....what I mean is that I can redo part of the level and have more time to get back across to stand in front of the right hand side of the barrel heads...Gosh!

One time the chomper even exploded in this part....but don't ask me how I did that! :shock:
"There is This World...and then There is The Next...and Between Them Both Are The Doors".....Jim Morrison
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:54 pm

You do know that he's not supposed to stay on that button? He's just not gonna step on it until you're in front of the red gate.
But if I understand you correct, that's not the problem? You want him to stay on the middle right barrel while you're heading across the chasm. That is timing, I'm afraid.
Inger
Norway
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:17 pm

I have decided to go back and play "Sandpit" a more relaxing level...now onto the search for there is no solution yet on Mette's...hey! That rhymes...... :P
"There is This World...and then There is The Next...and Between Them Both Are The Doors".....Jim Morrison
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Okay now I am stuck at Sandpit as well...so I went back and was able to get the red gate open....Victory at Last :!: :!: :!: ...said I a little too premature :!: :!: :roll: ...because then I found out once inside the red gate that I ran out of blink power :!: :!: :!: :!:

:shock:

Holy Cow :!:

Now I have to start all over again...and do know where I came up a blink short.....but man, I had timed it just right for that little red chomper eater to stand right where he was suppose to...now have to go back and do it all over again :!:

Wish me Luck........... :shock:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:01 pm

:D Good luck! :lol: ..... :shock:

BTW isn't it almost time for a nap? 8)
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:05 pm

If you got your gems in the beginning, then you're suppose to use your last blink in there and run out. But it sounded like you run out too soon :wink:
Good luck anyway :lol: :lol:
Inger
Norway
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:33 pm

No, I think that you need 3 blinks left to get to the red gate, and then 2 more inside of the red gate.

Which I now have managed to do.....BUT! :? now I can not get out of the red gate before it closes...and I am stuck! One thing or another...this is one of the hardest levels that I have played! For some reason....AH! I know what it is......

:shock: I DO need a Nap Now :shock: