MOFI - Red crab nesting area

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

MOFI - Red crab nesting area

Post by popo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:37 pm

I've got all the way to the yellow button and coins (got the other two keys). I can get the crab on the yellow button so I can get the coins but then I can't get the key. So I did it the other way round and got to the key but now I need to get back out and get the crab on the yellow button so I can get the coins. Thing is I can't get back out without killing the crab. I can't walk back over the bridge quick enough before the crab pops back up and I walk over him and kill him. What am I doing wrong? Any help please?
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:07 pm

This is def. a tricky one. I'm not sure if this helps but...
Get the coins first. Then it's just to time the bridge to get him on the button, move fast when you take the key, so that the crab is in the water and you can get below him before he gets up. Stay so that he ends at the button again. Hope this helps.
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:26 pm

It's ok I've done it. You can't get the coins first or you can't get him back off the button to fill the water. Or in actual fact you can, but then you can't get out of the coin area. He has to be on the button for you to get in and out again. So you have to use him to get the key and then use him on the button to get the coins. At least that's how I did it.
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Ok, I did suspect I remembered it wrong. Sorry, Poops. Well done :lol:
Inger
Norway
nhelene
Silver Wonderlander

Post by nhelene » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:33 pm

popo wrote:So you have to use him to get the key and then use him on the button to get the coins. At least that's how I did it.
'm trying and trying and trying to do like this but the red crab always ends up to the yellow button. Maybe it's only a matter of fast moving ?
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:51 pm

The first pile pops up on its own
and goes down when the second pops up, followed by the 3rd and the 4th

The crab can run to the 4th, but I can't get to him nearer to get him on the button.
If the crab is on the button I only can collect the coins and 1 red key.
That yellow gate has to be opened before grabbing the coins.
So I can't believe you can either the coins or the left key.

I can take the red key after the piles but then I've trouble getting the crab on the yellow button.

And those 2 crabs before the gems, jumps parallel in the water. How can I get them after each other? Also quicker response?
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 pm

I ended up cheating on this level. :?

I just can't back to land after collecting the left key without killing the crab! How do you possibly do it?
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:07 am

The only way I've found to do it is WITHOUT the mouse.
Stand on the yellow button. While the crab is up and you can not cross, hold the down keyboard arrow and don't let it go. As soon as you are able to go, the keyboard will sense it and you'll take off. When you do, you'll cross the crab just in time. If you try to use the mouse to do the same thing, it won't work. I don't know if the kb is more sensative or responsive than the mouse, or if it's just my system. But I can never get back to land using the mouse and I can get back every time using the Keyboard.
Loirae
Guinevere
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Guinevere » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:44 am

Thanks Loirae - I had everything else right (well, the theory if not the practice!) but that has sorted it out first go! How odd!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:52 am

Yes I had to do that bit with the keyboard, I kept landing on the crab with the mouse and killing it.

Once you have the crab on the yellow button and you've collected the coins, he moves back off the button. To get him back on it, wait until he falls in the water then move below him and when the bridge comes back up he will go back on the button, then you can get out.

The two crabs with the gems, you don't have to be quick but you have to move step by step to get them lined up at the left side. It took me about 10 goes to get it.
Pauline
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:56 am

popo wrote:Yes I had to do that bit with the keyboard, I kept landing on the crab with the mouse and killing it.

Once you have the crab on the yellow button .......
I have the left key.
But I can't get the crab on the button. A bit trail and error and keep trying.
I've the crab on the button.
Now I only want to get out.
popo wrote: To get him back on it, wait until he falls in the water then move below him and when the bridge comes back up he will go back on the button, then you can get out.
Where must the crab fall? Before the button? 1 step further?
When I have him 2 steps from the button and I go down to the gate while the barrels are down, he pops up when the barrels raise but sits there.
When I step up he runs over the button.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:09 pm

The turtle is going in water just below button. You position yourself while he's under water. Make sure you stand with the correct numbers of tiles between you for him to end on the button.
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:34 pm

You're doing it right Erwin, but instead of stepping up and staying there, step up and back again and he will only move one tile. :wink:
Pauline
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

Post by nancyec » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:43 pm

Tks Pauline. The tip to get the crab to go one tile is all I needed.

I also used your help over on one of the other ones. You're a big help!
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:43 pm

Thanks Pauline, I tried your way a couple of times and I'm thru the gate.

Another level solved with the help of us all.
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm having trouble getting the gems. Those stupid crabs won't go on top of each other. Any hints?
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:06 pm

One step at a time. The crabs will play leap frog with each other. Try stepping in different places slowly and you'll hit on the right path.
Loirae
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:07 pm

Got it. Why is after everytime you post that you need help, then you go back to playing waiting for the answer, that you finally get it? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Zanne
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Zanne » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:48 pm

i'm having real probs with this level - it's that damn crab. the first two keys are easy, and i can get the third key but can't get back, and can't get the coins. the crab just runs to the third pillar and stares at me. help?
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lizwiz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:06 pm

I haven't even managed to get the third key. I have tried your method Pauline, but whilst I get by without killing the crab, I cannot get him to go onto the yellow button.

Help! what am I doing wrong?
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:19 pm

I can't remember if both sets of bridges are up at the same time at all, but I think I did it by standing on the bottom bridge tile until he popped up and ran onto the button. It's such a long time since I did it, I'd have to floing back and look at it again to be certain. I do know that while he's in the water you can stand as close as possible to get him to go the necessary distance, knowing that he likes to move 3 tiles away from you, or 4 tiles if you count the one he's on.

Do you mean that bit, or getting him back on the button afterwards?
Pauline
K2MM
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by K2MM » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:57 pm

Ok, I got the red key by the yellow button but, I can only get the crab to the 4th bridge piling thingy. I can't get him to the yellow button. Help please....
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:03 pm

I floinged back to play it again today and I couldn't do that bit, although I did it several times when I first played it. I think you have to be careful where he goes in the water, if he's too far away from you he'll get stuck. If you can get him into the water on the second from bottom bridge and then you stand on the bottom one until the last minute he might go right up to the button. I honestly can't remember how I did it. Sorry.
Pauline
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lizwiz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:14 pm

Finally got it!
1. Stand one step away from the bridge with the crab looking at you on the second button.
2. Move forward just before the bridges start to change so that he moves off the second button just before it disappears
3. Immediately move onto the first button which has just appeared - pushing the crab right up to the yellow button.
Timing is curcial here.
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:39 am

I'm glad you managed it Liz, I was beginning to think I'd dreamt it all. :lol:
Pauline
K2MM
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by K2MM » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Thanks to everyone. I actually did it. All I need now is those gems. I know I amsuppose to go a block at a time, but, of course, no go. Anymore help with those would be appreciated.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:55 pm

Here you go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lizwiz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Yes I could do with a clue about how to get those gems. I'm totally fogged.
Liz (the Wiz)
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:25 pm

I can't get the crab onto the yellow button the first time. I think I understand what's being said about getting him on the button the second time, so I can come out of the corridor with the gems, but I can't get in the corridor. I do have the red key in the path with the water and barrels.
txmimi
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txmimi » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:08 am

Well, through some bumbling around, plus the tips from everyone, I did make it! Thanks!