MOFI Lots of Locks

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

MOFI Lots of Locks

Post by ILoveWonderland » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:55 pm

I nedd help with the second set of locks. Where are you supposed to use the baby Boomers, and how are you supposed to get the coins behind the pyramid without killing the bommers? :?
Insert stupid jokes here.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:29 pm

Very good question. If I knew the answer I would tell you but I'm stuck in here too. All I can say for now is that one boomer will blow up two barrels if placed between them, and you can stand on the buttons more than once. I'm still trying to work out the sequence of colours needed. :roll:
Pauline
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm

So you two solved the problem of getting behind the coloured gates?
I need help on this first part please?
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Restarted the level and though I did something wrong.
So now I found the answer for my own question above.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:32 pm

For the next part:
Why not guiding some boomer alone thru it?
But all 4 have to go thru. And that is still bothering me.
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Erwin042 wrote:
For the next part:
Why not guiding some boomer alone thru it?
But all 4 have to go thru. And that is still bothering me.
Very true.

Has there been anyone that has completed this level, as I really want to see what hppens next. Any help would be very appreciated. :D
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Are you stuck in the middle room? The one with a small temple in it? Let me know and I'll do my best.
Inger
Norway
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:26 pm

YES !! We all three are !!!
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:35 pm

Boomers:
Position one boomer between the two bottom barrels at the left. Position second boomer beside the top barrel at the left, make go one step to the right before expload. Third boomer goes between the upper two barrels on the right.
I'll work out the sequense if needed, but all I did was just run back and forth a couple of times, so I'll need to replay.
Inger
Norway
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:41 pm

The most important thing you've just explained to us!

Thanks again Salin!!!
Last edited by Erwin042 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:43 pm

Erwin, that's what I just did. Will you please get of my back, or I can't be ar*** to help you out anymore! :evil:
Inger
Norway
Guinevere
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Guinevere » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:36 pm

Wahey! Thanks for the hint Salin! Just enough, but not too much ... Finally got through the second bit, but not before several sheets of paper and a last-ditch attempt with an excel spreadsheet ... 8)

Adjusting the position of one of the boomers, I've got it down to 6 button presses. :D
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:09 am

Thanks Salin, but I'm still stuck! :? Does anyone know the correct order of the buttons?

P.S. Who designed this level?
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:18 am

SPOILER WARNING- do not read until you know what!!!!!!!!!!

Stole this from Deletrea:
Deletrea wrote: For Lots of Locks, second section...
Number the buttons 1-4 top to bottom on the left side and 5-8 top to bottom of the right side... Use in this order 1, 6, 3, 4, 3, 7
Inger
Norway
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:36 am

Thanks, but now I'm stuck at the final part. I can't seem to be able to get all 3 kabooms and me to the end. Help would once again, be appreciated. :roll: :wink:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:54 am

Inger, are you saying to use all 3 boomers to unlock the buttons? How do you get to the coins behind the barrels then? :?
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:02 am

SPOILER, DO NOT READ UNLESS, YOU KNOW WHY :lol:
When you place the second boomer as I told you, next to the upper left barrel, and move him one tile right, you should watch what happenes.
Wonderland, you don't need all three of them all the way, only two.
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:18 pm

I have no idea what you're on about. Upper left this, lower left that. Do you mean where the buttons are or where the coins are? And how do I move him before he explodes if I have to keep my mouse pressed for him to explode, he goes off the boil if I take my mouse off him. I'm asking all these questions without even trying it really, I'm off somewhere else at the moment, somewhere that takes me back about 5 years. :lol:

I will heed your suggestions and go there pdq to see if I can make it work. I've forgot how I got through the first part now though, should have written it down. :roll: :lol:
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:14 pm

Popo,
You can move him without blow him, just drag him one step to the right. He'll then stan between the upper left barrel, and the brownish barrel that coveres the coins- he should have one tile between both of then. Then you blow him up, he will explode both of them.
Last edited by Salin on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inger
Norway
rebel
Gold Wonderlander

Post by rebel » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:01 pm

This is driving me nuts!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

This game is HARD!

I'm at the last part (and have been for hours) and I would say it's impossible but several hours ago I got Stinky and one boomer to the last part and then blew my boomer up! :oops: Unfortunately I can't seem to repeat it.

I can't abort this adventure 'cos I can't remember how I did the first 2 sections. :roll:

Any hints would be greatly appreciated. :wink:

Marilyn
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:35 pm

Hi rebel, it was driving me nuts too, I spent days!!!

I got one good hint though

DO NOT READ UNLESS.......YOU KNOW WHY
You only need two boomer to the upper are. Leave one at another button further down.
I'll pm you if you want to know wich one.
Inger
Norway
rebel
Gold Wonderlander

Post by rebel » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Thanks Inger :D

I had had the same thought myself but obviously didn't follow it through far enough.

I now have Stinky and 2 boomers at the very last bit - I'm sure I'll manage to screw this bit up as well, but at least I won't be stepping on and off buttons for hours and hours. :D :D

Thanks again

Marilyn
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:26 pm

Well done, Marilyn :lol:
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:28 pm

Salin wrote:Popo,
You can move him without blow him, just drag him one step to the right. He'll then stan between the upper left barrel, and the brownish barrel that coveres the coins- he should have one tile between both of then. Then you blow him up, he will explode both of them.
It's ok, I'm thick. :lol: I thought you meant I had to move him while he was blowing up. :lol: I hadn't realised you didn't have to stand directly next to the barrels. :oops: :lol: :lol:

Stuck on the next bit now. I thought I'd almost got it then got my boomer killed in a gate accidentally and had to start again, and of course I couldn't remember what I'd done before. :roll:
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Inger
Norway
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:35 pm

Big hint, non-spoiler:

WRITE EVERYTHNG DOWN
and
SAVE IN MANY SAVE SLOTS.

1. Write everything down so if youmade a good move and didn't save, you can get back to where you were.

2. Save in many save slots on this one so if you think are on the right track and save and then find out it was the wrong track, you can revert to just a few moves earlier, or to the last place you know FOR SURE that you were right.

:D
Loirae
rebel
Gold Wonderlander

Post by rebel » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:41 pm

OMG!!!

I think my boomer is on the WRONG button!

I STILL can't do it.

Back to the drawing board .......... Grrrrrr!

Marilyn
rebel
Gold Wonderlander

Post by rebel » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:01 pm

FINALLY finished this!

I was panicking over nothing, all was not lost, just a slight rearrangement.

If the adventures get harder and harder I think I'll be making liberal use of the cheat code :oops: I dread to think what's next!

Thanks everyone for all the help.

Marilyn
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Well I've tried this over and over again and I'm still stuck. I did get me and one boomer through who helped with the buttons at the bottom but then found out I need another one. :roll:

Tell me if I'm doing this wrong. I'm standing on the middle blue button so I can see all around me to move the boomers then at the last minute substituting a boomer for me so I can get through to the buttons at the bottom (or top depending how you look at it).

My brain will explode if I look at it much longer. :shock:
Pauline
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:13 pm

popo wrote:Tell me if I'm doing this wrong. I'm standing on the middle blue button so I can see all around me to move the boomers then at the last minute substituting a boomer for me so I can get through to the buttons at the bottom (or top depending how you look at it).
Buttons at the bottom or top? Well, that's pretty important. You'll want to end up screen-top because that's where the exit is. I've recently found out that I do this differently than a few others, but:
Essentially yes. I stand in the middle and throw the three boomers around. And toward the end I trade places with one of them so I can go screen-top. Two boomers and yourself will end up at the entrance to the exit. :D (That sounds funny.) One of your boomers will be screen-bottom, if on screen at all.

To figure out where your southern-most boomer needs to be while you and the other two take off for the exit area, look at the three gates between you and the star. Red, Orange, & Yellow I think. Which one is in the middle? Because that one will probably need to be held down without stopping. Cryptic, maybe. But I know you'll see what I mean.
Loirae