MOFI - The lost ice temple

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

MOFI - The lost ice temple

Post by popo » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:58 pm

What's this turtle for? He starts off here, so what's his purpose?

I used the crabs to make a 2 step bridge at the left hand side. I've rounded all the other turtles up and got them to make a bridge to the temple. I've walked round and got the gems and coins, froze one flower in the process. Tried but failed to get the transporters to go to anywhere useful. Don't have anything to stand on the button to open the gate to the temple.

I have a feeling I'm doing this entirely wrong because I can't see what the transporters are for unless I don't make the bridge with the turtles.

Anyone done this one and can give me some clues please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pauline
benemily
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by benemily » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:26 pm

Did exactly the same as you, with exactly the same results! I am stuck on it as well. Sorry, I need help as well!
sewel5
Rainbow Keeper

Post by sewel5 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:28 am

Who made this level? I find it impossible to complete!
I'll get a toontown membership if I can make bread.
Guinevere
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Guinevere » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:40 pm

:? :? :? :? :?

Me too!
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:04 pm

This adventure is very tricky to figure out. I haven't reached it yet playing "normally", but I played it during development/testing. So I have some hints, but not a complete walktrough.
Hints from my memmory of testing wrote:1. A crab is needed to push that button
2. Think diagonal about the turtles
3. The transporters are vital
4. If you're attempting it the same way I did the first time around (and it sounds like it), you have to do it the other way around.
That's all I can say for now.

Best,
Mette
\Mette
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:12 pm

I've thought about the level and these thoughts are what I've come to:
There's that sign that warns you about the button right next to it, but, does it really matter if you destroy the bridge to Turtle Island?
Maybe you don't need both crabs to make a bridge to Turtle Island.
There's another way to the blue gate! You don't have to fill up those four spaces, which I think is some clever misdirection.
Maybe, could that turtle in the water be there to prevent you from placing a grow there?
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
benemily
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by benemily » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 pm

I have just finished the level and was going to post some hints but reading the previous two posts there is not a lot more I can say other than going in to exact details on every section, took some working out but my kids helped along the way.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:35 pm

Well, looking at your hints, all I can say is
I've already tried using the crab to sit on the button. I presume the transporters are vital or they wouldn't be there, but I can't get them to go anywhere useful, or maybe I can considering I'm a bridge tile short now, but the crab moves when you sail past him. Haven't had a good look yet to see where else the turtles could go.
Pauline
benemily
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by benemily » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:43 pm

positioning BOTH of the crabs safely to stop one moving is a bit tricky.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:48 pm

Hey, Loirae, are you there yet?
I can't get those teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles to form that bridge. They don't swim diagonal, now do they. And when I reached the island, I'd only had one grow left. Pesky :twisted: I do have a crab on the button, though :wink:
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:42 am

I'm just going round in circles getting nowhere here. If someone could tell me what to do with those transporters I might be able to work the rest out. I'm begging now.

:lol:
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:38 am

Popo, I don't know if this is correct, but think it is:
Number them 1 2 3, where 3 is the one you ride on. Turn them so that 1 is pointing N, and 2 is pointed S, (as they were) all you need to do is getting 1 to turn bottom and point at the others. (jeez, I know, I'm clumsy ) put grows to stop your ride, you're heading for 4th transpo.
Inger
Norway
benemily
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by benemily » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:38 am

use the transporters to find a route to turtle island which doesn't involve the crabs, you don't need to turn them just head south carefully. You will then have to avoid the ice flower. I made it to turtle island with 5 or 6 grows left. Moving the two north south transporters carefully as a pair helps to get there. I recharged my grows a few times to do this, got the transporters set up and then positioned the crabs but I am sure there are other ways
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:27 pm

Nope, still completely lost. The only way I can see to get round is to get off over that bridge where the indigo trasnsporter is and then walk round the bottom, but then, because I had to step on the bridge button in order to turn the transporters and get them set up, I can't get over to the turtles.

I'm just not seeing it at all. Blind as a bat. :roll:
Pauline
benemily
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by benemily » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:08 pm

when you are down there how about using a turtle to reach the other turtles
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:05 pm

Right, I've done what you've all said, got round past the ice flower, ready to get a turtle into the space where only one is needed to get me over to the turtle area. Nowhere I stand can I see any turtles enough to be able to divert them. I even restarted and thought I might be able to divert one while standing below the grow charger, but can't see any from there either. And even if I could, I can't see anywhere near the temple that would only need 3 turtles to reach it. I need either screenshots or a detailed solution for this one. Has anyone actually completed it?
Pauline
benemily
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by benemily » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:01 pm

standing down the bottom I found one spot where you can shoot a grow into the path of the bottom turtle. He should walk around and end up in the right spot. There is a way to bridge to the middle using 3 turtles - diagonal thinking may come in handy Would love to post a screenshot for you but how do I do that?
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:23 pm

Oh my giddy aunt! I have finally completed it with all coins and gems. I was having palpitations and cold sweats by the time I had the last turtle in the water. :shock:

I was doing the transporters right all along it seems but didn't know it. Just being told that spot to stand in to get the first turtle in the water made all the difference so thanks a million for that. 8) :D

I think I need an early night now. :lol:
Pauline
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:50 am

popo wrote:Oh my giddy aunt!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now, that's one I haven't heard before.
Loirae
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:17 pm

Loirae wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, Popo, could you be that giddy aint and enlighten pur moi, por favor? (I'm rubbish at French, so please excuse me) :wink:
Inger
Norway
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

the previous is a bit of a mess

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:19 pm

So I begin from the start for my play to the finish
I put a crab on the button
and step on a transporter
(I'll read the replies once again for what I need to do next)
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Salin wrote:
Loirae wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, Popo, could you be that giddy aint and enlighten pur moi, por favor? (I'm rubbish at French, so please excuse me) :wink:
Well you've got French and Spanish in there so you aren't that bad. :lol:

What do you want to be enlightened on exactly?
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:30 pm

How to get the 3 crabs in the right places, with 4 grows left. Tey always turn the wrong way :twisted: I'tried to collect them in the same room, I've place grows in water and runs like an idiot to direct them there :twisted: :twisted:
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:35 pm

You have to do them one at a time then you have plenty of time before the grow bursts. I got the first two into the room top right, one at a time of course, and the third one I got into the bottom room first before doing the grows for that one. You have to stand in two places too to direct it. Don't forget to save a grow for getting the coins.

If you want to know exactly where to place the grows I'll have to send you a screenshot.
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Jippie! I made it :lol: :lol:
Inger
Norway
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:44 am

I kinda of figured out how to get crab on button, but he won't stay. Kinda figured out how to get turtles to build bridge, but need crab to stay first. Definetly know how to get coins and gems, that one's easy. I know transporters are vital but as I said above crab won't stay, and how do you go back to recharge grow power if crab won't stay. Am I trying to make him stay to early? Should I complete everything else first?
D's MOM
LISA
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:41 am

Sounds like you're on the right track already, but here's the basic order.
1. Crab on button.
2. Leave that area with 9 grow charges, never to return.
3. Transporters
4. Disable 1 iceflower
5. Coins and Gems
6. Turtles. also, 4 turtles=5 grows
Loirae
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:58 pm

How do you get that stupid crab to stay so you can get on the transporter. I have tried putting grow in place, but it's just not working out.
D's MOM
LISA
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:07 pm

While you're round the back at the grow charger put a grow between the crab and the water and then one diagonally up from that one on the grow charger side, so there's one under it and one at the side of it. I had both crabs, one above the other, so when I walked back round the long way and went down to the transporter, the top crab went into the water but the bottom one stayed on the button.
Pauline
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

My crabby situation

Post by dylan1298 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:33 pm

This is my current situation. I have put grows beside them and walked around and put it behind him. If I use to many, they pop before I can get around. If I go thru the front, he travels via teleporter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
D's MOM
LISA