MOFI - Limited Access

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

MOFI - Limited Access

Post by popo » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:27 pm

Whoa! I spent the whole morning on this, on and off while cooking lunch. When I finally finished it it said it had taken me 40 minutes. :shock: I had 5 save slots filled with it at one point. the scritter bit gave me fits and I don't think I did it the intended way, it was a bit slapdash. It starte off very methodical but went a bit pear shaped towards the end.

My brain cells are in overdrive now. :lol:
Pauline
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:30 pm

Can you reveal which gloves you used?
Do you remember how you did the scritter part? Cos I don't know how I can get one on the light blue button

How did you solve it with the spikes?
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:50 pm

Erwin042 wrote:Can you reveal which gloves you used?
Do you remember how you did the scritter part? Cos I don't know how I can get one on the light blue button

How did you solve it with the spikes?
Do you really want to know so soon? :wink: I will say one thing, that I didn't realise till I got to the end, and that is that there are 4 areas but you can only use 3 gloves, because you need 3 to unlock the gates to the gems.

Two of the areas are obvious as to which gloves you need, but you also need to know in which order to do them or you'll end up stuck. One of the areas you could use either of 2 gloves. Picking the right one is essential.

I did it all by trial and error, try one thing and see if it works, but then also see if it's stopped me from doing something else.

As for the blue button, I was originally doing it one way but then it all went pearshaped and I had to do it another way, but when I had done it that way I realised I couldn't have done the way I had originally intended.

If this all sounds confusing, imagine what my brain felt like this morning. :lol: :lol:
Pauline
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:37 pm

You just came to the end and you don't know how anymore. It's just good luck. Well maybe next time!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:41 pm

No, I do know what I did but I don't think it's the right way I ended up chasing the scritters all over the place and dicing with death in the spikey room. I don't think I was meant to do that. :lol:
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:47 pm

popo wrote:No, I do know what I did but I don't think it's the right way I ended up chasing the scritters all over the place and dicing with death in the spikey room. I don't think I was meant to do that. :lol:
Sight, and that's where I am now, dancing with scritters :roll:

Did you by any chance draw a map? :wink:
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:13 pm

Nope, but I have got a save from how they were set up when I let out the spikey (the second spikey btw, coz the first one went AWOL), and I could sort of talk you through what I did after but it was a bit messy. It was more luck than judgement in the end. :lol:
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:21 pm

I think I have a pretty good idea on the setting for the scritters, it's just doing it that's the problem :lol: I wonder how long it gonna take me before I start to cheat. :wink:
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:39 pm

Well....
I ended up just having the one on the orange button and two at the right to make a corner to make the spikey turn left. Once he was behind the red gate I chased the two at the right out of the gate and down the passage. Do it quick and one of them goes on the blue button. Then I unfroze the one for the yellow button and got it on the button without moving the orange one. Then stood on the green myself. Once the spikey had opened the blue gate I could move.
I'm sure this wasn't the right way to do it but it was the only way I could make it work. :roll:
Last edited by popo on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:56 pm

O boy :? :? :shock:

This is a huge level, it containes too many levels in one. I just tried to get other spikey on the pink button, holy macarony, no can do!

Question for you, Popo:
Did you use BLINK to get into scritters area? If so, how did you unfreeze the one? Cos I used all my POPs in barrel-area. Maybe I didn't have to? Hmm..
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Ah well that's the trick. :wink:
You use the pow in the scritter and the barrels. Your aim is to collect all the gems, yeah? So leave the barrels till last and you don't have to exit. You will have enough pows to do both bits if you choose the dangerous way in.
The spikey on the pink button isn't that hard to do once you know where to ..... :wink:
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:10 pm

Well f*** a d***, aren't you the clever one, I had that idea in another gem-collecting level, but never thought of it here!! Image

Excellente, Mrs. S. Holmes
Inger
Norway
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:51 pm

popo wrote:The spikey on the pink button isn't that hard to do once you know where to ..... :wink:
And how is that, please? I've spend the entire day on this :evil:
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:55 pm

I'll do a screenshot for you. Bear with me.....

Ok, here it is....
http://i73.servimg.com/u/f73/12/03/17/14/spikey10.jpg
Stand where shown and floing two bubbles at the red X's. Wait for them to pop. Two spikeys should now be circling opposite each other. Floing two more bubbles at the blue X's and go stand on the green X. As soon as they pop floing a bubble on the pink button and leg it down for the key.
Last edited by popo on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:16 pm

I'll bear with you :wink:
Inger
Norway
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Posted it up above while you were bearing with me. :lol:
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:32 pm

Popo, how can I ever thank you? Image
Inger
Norway
Guinevere
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Guinevere » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:31 pm

I think it's an any which way you can level! I used grows instead of Floing (I still don't get them, not really), but a similar solution for the scritters, albeit they were in slightly different places.

Now exploring with my new keys ... OMG! :shock:
bpurcell
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by bpurcell » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 am

I am still stuck with the scritters.
I've got one scritter on the orange button and two scritters making a block for the spikey so it will go up.
I've used another scritter to bring a spikey up and move past the red bridge.
I'm doing this with POW
I don't see how to lower the other bridges.
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:25 am

When you say bridges, do you then mean gates?
Inger
Norway
bpurcell
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by bpurcell » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm sorry, yes, that is what I mean.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:14 pm

I did it in a very haphazard way which I'm sure wasn't the right way to do it, and it was a bit hit and miss whether the spikey got killed in the gates, but
I had a scritter on the orange button to start with until the spikey had gone through the red gate - he will turn up there on his own btw, because he turns right if he has a choice. Then I put one on the yellow button and stood on the green one myself, after chasing two of them through the gate so one went on the blue button. I waited until the indigo gate had been opened and then I could get off the green button.
It wasn't a pretty way to do it but it worked.
Pauline
iancull
Gold Wonderlander

Post by iancull » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:02 am

Part way through this (apparently much slower than everyone else!)

So far, I've done the top half - spikeys top right / purple button, the travellers, with the coins and gems.
I used green to grow trees and direct the spikeys - easy - then used one left over tree in the traveller area; then I got blue ice, went in to get the coins, through to the gems, and used the last few ice to direct the travellers so I could get the three coins, and get back to "mainland"
I'll have to solve the rest, if I can, to see if my "so far" was good or not.

With the hints here, I know to use orange fire next, and go to the barrels last ...
Are the rest of these "last" levels just as devious?! If so, I'm in trouble
iancull
Gold Wonderlander

Post by iancull » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:17 am

Hooray! It worked :)
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:31 am

which power did you used first? which second?
I'm still having trouble with this one
why doing the barrels last
something to do with 1 shot of previous gloves left works better than something else but I don't understand it

I flo bubbles on the spikes but they don't change directions.
done as shown in piccie but still don't get it
am I still not fast enough? It's about timing too?

I have to reread the topic I know.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:17 am

I'll try and do a video of the spikey part today Erwin.

This is the order I did it in...
First got the brr and did the coins and transporters. Then got the floing and did the spikeys. Then got the Pow and did the scritters and used the left over Pows on the barrels. The reason for leaving the barrels till last, after opening the gates to get the other gems, is that once you have the last gem the game is over so you don't have to try and exit the barrels again.
As for the spikeys...
You don't floing the bubbles on the spikeys, you floing the floor so the spikey go into them, stopping them in their tracks. In the screenshot you floing at the red X's which causes two of the spikeys to go around the same column but opposite each other. Then you floing at the blue X's to cause one of them to divert to the pink button. Then you floing the pink button to keep the spikey on it while you go and get the key.
EDIT.
Spikey area with floing video
Pauline
iancull
Gold Wonderlander

Post by iancull » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Erwin042 wrote:which power did you used first? which second?
I found it very much easier to use grow than floing, and do the spikeys first. Then with lots of grow left, I could place one in a good place in the transporters, then got the brrr to do the coins / transporters.

Apparently I did them "wrong", since popo can do it with only brrr - but since my way worked for me, I'm happy :)

Whatever way, you have no choice but to use pow for the scritters / barrels, and it's best to do it last ...
iancull
Gold Wonderlander

Post by iancull » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:01 pm

How do you do those videos? Nicely done!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:05 pm

iancull wrote:
Erwin042 wrote:which power did you used first? which second?
I found it very much easier to use grow than floing, and do the spikeys first. Then with lots of grow left, I could place one in a good place in the transporters, then got the brrr to do the coins / transporters.

Apparently I did them "wrong", since popo can do it with only brrr - but since my way worked for me, I'm happy :)

Whatever way, you have no choice but to use pow for the scritters / barrels, and it's best to do it last ...
Yes, there seems to be multiple ways to do this one which could make it difficult for a solution. Unless people who have done it differently post their solutions too. Some people may find one method easier than another so you can't have too many. :D It would be interesting to see the 'official' solution for this one.
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:55 pm

I also used only brr at the transporters, it was tricky until I reminded myself about diagonal moves :lol: :lol:
As for the spikeys/scritters, I don't remember what I used, cos I tried so many different ways :roll:
Inger
Norway