MOFI -Mystery Island

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

MOFI -Mystery Island

Post by Erwin042 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:28 am

This level is only accessable with a rainbow key. Such key is only available when you have 100 stars and yoy know where the rainbow key is!
So be ware!

This one in beyond the Reef

Maybe Loopy's secrets work here. NOPE! wrong level!

But I can't think how.

There are 4 gates and buttons and 3 teleports

I used the four secrets on each teleporter but I came on a island I already used
So my theory wasn't right

Is this the one where you land on the Archepelo?

I'm stuck here too.

Bu let's wait a while maybe more people find there way here.
Last edited by Erwin042 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:47 am

The secrets are used somewhere else Erwin. :wink:

This island isn't the same one you start off on in Archipelago.

How do you know if you come back to an island you've already been on? Do the gates stay down? Say, for example, you open the red gate then go through a series of teleporters, if you come to an island with an open red gate does that mean you've gone round in a circle?

This is how I have thought it worked, so making a map might be a good idea. :?:
Pauline
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:40 am

I changed my first post! Thanks popo for putting it right!

I've entered a first island, walked on all 4 buttons and walked into a teleporter
after random enters into a teleporter (maybe the same as the first one) and changed on those island not 4 gates but less, I enter that first island

I haven't made a map
It's a good idea to map this one

I thought here I came on the Archipelago finally. But then I haven't got thru the end here.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:45 am

popo wrote:How do you know if you come back to an island you've already been on? Do the gates stay down? Say, for example, you open the red gate then go through a series of teleporters, if you come to an island with an open red gate does that mean you've gone round in a circle?
Yes.
popo wrote:making a map might be a good idea. :?:
Definitely, but let me tell you from my experience, it'll be very tedious. :!: There's also one thing that makes this level extra evil:
There's a group of 5 islands such that if you land on any one of them, you're trapped amongst them (can't teleport outside that group of 5) and will have to restart. Restarting the level also makes mapping the level harder since it resets all the markings you made on the islands before you restarted, unless you have a save game where you are still outside the trap. Naturally, quite a few islands have teleports that jump into the trap, including the one you start off on and the one before the island with the key.
So HERE'S THE SOLUTION if you don't want to spend the time:
(I'll label the 3 teleports on each island as UP LEFT and DOWN)
to get the key: from start: UP UP DOWN LEFT DOWN DOWN. Grab the key and enter any teleport (they all bring you back to starting island).
then, to go to the exit: UP UP DOWN LEFT LEFT. Use the key on the gate left of the star.
If you still want to brave doing the map yourself, here's a strategy to at least help you identify whether you're about to get stuck:
The teleports in the five islands of the trap work as follows:
(LEGEND of map--current island: island after going into UP teleport, island after going into LEFT teleport, island after going into DOWN teleport)
A: B, E, D
B: C, A, E
C: D, B, A
D: E, A, C
E: E, D, A

The key is that E is the only island in the entire level that has a teleport which goes back to itself. So as you're making your map, if you ever find yourself at an island where you take the UP teleport and it takes you back to the exact same island, then you know you're at E and oops you're stuck. You can then use the map above to go from E to D, then C, B, A. (In other words, from E do LEFT, then DOWN, then LEFT, then LEFT.) This lets you find which of the trap islands you've already visited in your current map, based on how the gates were set. Now go through your map and X out all the teleports that go into the islands you've just identified as part of the trap.

Now when you restart the level or reload from a save game that you know do not start on a trap island, try to retrace exactly the same sequence of teleports you took the last time, and mark the islands the same way as before (basically, to re-create the exact progress of mapping that you've lost due to the restart/reload, keeping how your marked the islands as consistent as possible so you don't confuse your map), up to the point right before you entered the teleport that brought you into the trap (based on your previous map). This time take a different teleport on that island and continue your mapping, or if you already mapped out all the teleports on that island, backtrack to one of the previous islands that has unmapped teleports.

Rinse and repeat.
Last edited by cbloopy on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:45 pm

My, that's complicated. I was thinking along the right lines though so maybe my brain isn't as befuddled as I thought it was. :lol: I don't know if I was just lucky, but when I was experimenting I never came back to an island I'd already been on, but at the time I just thought the gates reset on every island. I could have been just a couple of steps from escaping if I'd kept going.

I'm going to try and make a map (plot my progress) before I resort to peeking at your solution, but thanks a million in advance. 8) :D
Pauline
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:51 am

popo wrote:My, that's complicated.
Yeah I guess it is, I thought about it a little more and now have simplified the strategy I mentioned in the hint, so hopefully it is easier to apply. Good luck!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am

cbloopy wrote:
Rinse and repeat.
:lol: :lol: Yes, I suspect there'll be a lot of that. :roll:
Pauline
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:54 pm

Right now I'm just stuck. 4 colored buttons, 3 teleporters and they don't go anywhere. What am I supposed to do? :? :shock:
D's MOM
LISA
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:03 pm

cbloopy just posted the walkthrough up in this page.
Thanks cbooper, I made it thanks to you :lol:
Inger
Norway
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:32 pm

Yes I read it, but didn't understand it. I followed the spoiler and got the
white key
but then when I followed the rest it didn't do anything. The spoiler never mentioned the buttons either. What do you do with them?
Last edited by dylan1298 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
D's MOM
LISA
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:51 pm

it's just a guideline to figure out on which island you are landed on
the buttons nor the gates open or lock anything
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:41 am

dylan1298 wrote:Yes I read it, but didn't understand it. I followed the spoiler and got the white key but then when I followed the rest it didn't do anything. The spoiler never mentioned the buttons either. What do you do with them?
Sorry, my hints (it was more a reply to Popo) assume that you figured out the way the level works, as Popo did in her Aha moment. The hints won't really make sense otherwise. In summary:
how the level works wrote:There are actually 15 other islands in the level that look just like the island you started on. The teleports actually bring you to those different islands but unless you mess with the gates, they'll all look the same and so fool you into thinking you're still on the island you started on. The open/close states of the gates on each island will persist as you move around the level until you restart the level. So, by messing with the gates, you "mark" the islands you've visited so that they'd look different (from the patterns of open/closed gates you set) from the ones you haven't visited, and also lets you recognize which island it was if you've gone around in a circle and ended up on an island you visited before. Then slowly and after much time, you can map out which teleport brings you where and work out how to go to the places you care about.
dylan1298 wrote:I followed the spoiler and got the white key but then when I followed the rest it didn't do anything.
to clarify wrote:After you got the key, my spoiler tells you to enter any teleport on the island with the key, so you end up back on the starting island. The path to the exit assumes you've gone back on the starting island first.
The spoiler never mentioned the buttons either. What do you do with them?
They are only needed if you want to work out the level yourself.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:09 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:01 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Emerald141 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Wow. :shock: