MOFI - Time Is Of The Essence

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Pat
Rainbow Keeper

MOFI - Time Is Of The Essence

Post by Pat » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Would appreciate any help for the lower part of this level.... from the yellow button down. If you need to be super fast, then I am SOL :cry:
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:56 am

hightlight to read wrote:You're probably stepping on the yellow button too soon. You already have to do some waiting to safely get the coin to the right of the yellow button, correct? Do that waiting before you step on the yellow button, not after.

Using the keyboard is highly recommended for this level.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:09 am

remember.... retro means.....use only keyboard

I dislike the retro levels, too silly :wink:
Pat
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Pat » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:47 am

What a dunce I am...I wasn't seeing the zbots that are there to help me! Best not to 'save' between moves on this one. Thanks guys. :wink:
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:53 pm

:shock:

Okay I have read the hints, but I cannot get past that shooting cannon after I go down and collect that rainbow coin in direct line of fire.....I have to have it in order to get to the star.....and I have completed the other 2 levels...but this one! In Retro.....I do not seem to be able to move Stinky fast enough to get out of the line of fire.....

Does anyone have any suggestions?

:shock:
"There is This World...and then There is The Next...and Between Them Both Are The Doors".....Jim Morrison
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:19 pm

Never Mind I Got It :!:

:D

Duh.....althiough I must say it was a little tricky. :wink:
"There is This World...and then There is The Next...and Between Them Both Are The Doors".....Jim Morrison
skeet
Silver Wonderlander

Post by skeet » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:14 am

I am just not getting this. I read the hints but seems like waiting BEFORE I step on the yellow button I just sit there. What am I not seeing. Any help here?
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:46 am

Sorry when I wrote the hint I didn't think of the one wrong thing people are likely to try. (Since this level was in the very first original Wonderland game, my mind immediately recalls what it had already solved, so I'm a little slow in seeing the wrong approaches people are trying.) Anyway:
highlight to read wrote:You are not fast enough to get through the purple and blue buttons/gates by yourself, that's what the z-bots are there for. But the z-bots will go as soon as you hit the yellow button, so you can't stop moving once you step onto the yellow button, or the timer buttons the z-bots activated will time out. And you have to time your move against cannon fire to safely get the coin right of the yellow button. This involves waiting, so you want to do your waiting before stepping on the yellow button.
I think Salin signed up for doing a video solution for this adventure on Mette's site, so if you're still having trouble, wait a few more days for the video.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:10 am

The video is already up there. 8)
Pauline
skeet
Silver Wonderlander

Post by skeet » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Thanks so much for the reply..will try, try again. The video has not shown up yet on Mettes site according to my puter, don't know why. Don't know why but I am having a much more difficult time with this WA almost to the point of giving up...seems to be so much more difficult than casual gaming now...<<<sigh>>> Oh well...enough of the rant. Onwards.....

I raise scritters for pets....so if your dog is hungry..... :twisted: 8) :wink:
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:05 pm

I didn't see it either, but I tell you that I was about to give up and then didn't.......what I can tell you is that you have to Time it Big Time....and it all starts with the first cannon firing.....you must go quickly "right after the cannon fire whizzes by you".....to step on the yellow button.

Gee.....I hope that is not a spoiler that I should have put in disguise! :shock:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Sorry, I meant it was on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osLkzhzk-xo It's not been updated onto Mette's site yet. :D
Pauline
skeet
Silver Wonderlander

Post by skeet » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:53 pm

OMG what a dolt I can be :oops: I was trying to step on the all the buttons! Sometimes I forget to K.I.S.S. (keep it simple silly) Thanks to ya all. Now with fortitude and courage I shall continue rofl!

Susan
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:10 pm

:D

Soon you will be Floing...which is Awesome, man. :D