Okay....Anyone know about The Volcanic System?

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Okay....Anyone know about The Volcanic System?

Post by Gold Raven » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:17 pm

I am stuck at those twirling bridges that rotate.....I keep getting burned Up!

Any suggestions, help, or down right spoilers?

:shock:
"There is This World...and then There is The Next...and Between Them Both Are The Doors".....Jim Morrison
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:39 pm

...okay you are going to tell me that it is all about a matter of timing, but anything else :?:

"There is This World...and then There is The Next...and Between Them Both Are The Doors".....Jim Morrison
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:02 pm

GoldieRaven:
I think you're talking about the four twisting bridges in the middle of the lava lake? If so, here are some spoilerish things for you:

(Highlight the white boxes to read spoiler text.)

To go left,
you wait on the "safe" floor between both rotating bridges. There is a coin there to mark the spot - but also it's left of the Red, Yellow, Green gate section and north of a little rock. When the bottom bridge is pointing at you diagonally, run down it to the island where there are 2 coins and two gems. Cool off on the two tiles where the coins are. You can either go back the same way, or wait for the left bridge to swing back at you and continue across.
To go right, do everything in reverse from above.

But to get the coins and gems on the North island,
stand on the "safe" floor next to the Left side's Red and Green gate. There is a small rock there, too. Wait for the top left bridge to come diagonally to you. Run across and up. Wait were the coins were on that island and to get off the island you have to go BACK to the left.

Easier yet, Only run back and forth on the two bottom ones. After you have your BLINK, then blink to the islands to get the gems and coins.
PS, I've never found anything useful at all for the
North East bridge. I can't see how to get to the mainland without having to wait on the middle island, but there is no safe spot there.
Loirae
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 pm

I have not read the solution that kind Loirae posted, YET! ...but this much I can tell you now is that to solve this level you are gong to need to use both your mouse AND the arrow keys!

Now on to the game!

Thank you again Loirae.... :D
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:23 pm

Okay I have the blink, but I cannot get the 3 coins where that stupid orange gate keeps going up and down....I have done all of the other stuff and have the gemstones, but how do I blink over to those coins?

stupid orange gate. :x
Gold Raven
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Gold Raven » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Well I DID IT!! But :!: :!: :!: ...I could only get 8 out of the 11 coins!!! due to that I just could not blink over quick enough from that stupid orange gate.....to where the coins were at.....kept getting killed....now I did get all of the other coins and gems......

This level....I had to keep saving every few steps!! Holy Macks......!!! I wish I could have gotten all of the coins, but like someone else said in another thread, I just could not get my fingers to move fast enough...

All in all I would say that this is a Hard Level.....due to the Lava Melting Poor ol Stinky......but it was Fun!

On to the next! :D
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:00 pm

Eeyore had the best hint ever: put a little piece of post-it at the screen where you need to point your mouse. Also notice that the red gate goes down when the orange one does. You need to blink AT the yellow gate when it's down.
Inger
Norway
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:03 pm

Loirae wrote:GoldieRaven:
I think you're talking about the four twisting bridges in the middle of the lava lake? If so, here are some spoilerish things for you:

(Highlight the white boxes to read spoiler text.)

To go left,
you wait on the "safe" floor between both rotating bridges. There is a coin there to mark the spot - but also it's left of the Red, Yellow, Green gate section and north of a little rock. When the bottom bridge is pointing at you diagonally, run down it to the island where there are 2 coins and two gems. Cool off on the two tiles where the coins are. You can either go back the same way, or wait for the left bridge to swing back at you and continue across.
To go right, do everything in reverse from above.

But to get the coins and gems on the North island,
stand on the "safe" floor next to the Left side's Red and Green gate. There is a small rock there, too. Wait for the top left bridge to come diagonally to you. Run across and up. Wait were the coins were on that island and to get off the island you have to go BACK to the left.

Easier yet, Only run back and forth on the two bottom ones. After you have your BLINK, then blink to the islands to get the gems and coins.
PS, I've never found anything useful at all for the
North East bridge. I can't see how to get to the mainland without having to wait on the middle island, but there is no safe spot there.
Well, there's a much easier way to get across the bridges and get those coins and gems.
Notice how each flip bridge rotates three times.

On the bottom side, when the two flip bridges line up, just run across, but wait in the middle of the second flip bridge. Let it turn three times, and then RUN!
To get the coins, just get your Blink when you can, and use that to get to gems and coins. Pretty cheaty, but it works. :lol:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:08 pm

Neat, Darshan. I've often tried to RUN the two bridges, but I can never make it aross, even the way you said, without bursting into flame. I'll have to adjust my timing. Very cool!
Loirae