Shry Mountains (Level Texture)

Leveltextures, Custom Icons, etc. for Wonderland Adventures.
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Shry Mountains (Level Texture)

Post by Creeperpasta » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:33 pm

So it's done! After squeezing in some more time to do this, the level texture is finished! (Sort of X/) It's ready for download here.

If you want to know what it looks like, here:
It can have a rocky caves, and some simple cottage houses too.
I do have to tell you that I wasn't able to feature all the tiles, so there's ice walls, floors, etc, and some tiles that came from the original game's textures.
Some are recolours also.

I changed the path texture, I was really inspired by pawelec's works XD.

Anyways, enjoy X)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Creeperpasta on Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:45 pm

You MUST put a download link for this!! I need/want to use this SO BAD!!!
It's an amazing texture, by the way. :D
Now Add That Download Link!

Edit: 4 words: I. MUST. HAVE. THIS.
Last edited by FinnThor on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:45 pm

Oops... :oops: I accidentally made two of the same post.... so just ignore this one that you are reading right now and look at my ABOVE post please. :oops:
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:55 pm

Whoa! That looks really awesome so far.
No idea on what to do with the water lines.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:39 am

Wow.... :shock:
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Oh uhh..

Post by Creeperpasta » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:29 am

It's not finished yet. I just started last night. I'll have it done maybe about this week. I am also working with an indoor texture with this. Those water lines are a bother. I checked my texture and so far, it's clean on the edges. :? Though, I'm glad you like it, so far. ^_^
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:49 am

I'm probably wrong about this, but isn't the bug with the water not being flush with other water tiles a problem related to the WA3 engine running on DX6 or something? I could be wrong though, but it might be possible that there isn't really a fix unfortunately.

Oh, and just curious, but why are you posting in the legacy forums for the WA Editor instead of the new ones? Or is your content specifically made for the original WAE? (granted, I'm not sure why you would do that, but if you are, then I'd probably appreciate an explanation)
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

OH X(

Post by Creeperpasta » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:48 pm

garirry wrote:I'm probably wrong about this, but isn't the bug with the water not being flush with other water tiles a problem related to the WA3 engine running on DX6 or something? I could be wrong though, but it might be possible that there isn't really a fix unfortunately.
I'm on DirectX11, I checked it on DXDIAG, if that's what you mean. And so it seems the built-in textures are also affected. I decided to just use a plain white tile for it.
garirry wrote: Oh, and just curious, but why are you posting in the legacy forums for the WA Editor instead of the new ones? Or is your content specifically made for the original WAE? (granted, I'm not sure why you would do that, but if you are, then I'd probably appreciate an explanation)
:shock: :oops: certainly by mistake. But I'm sure that level textures are very compatible with the original WAE. I reckon using custom textures on WA1Editor years ago. Though I should delete the cyclone post, since it isn't made for the legacy version. Apologies, and thanks for the heads up.

Would it be wrong to repost this on the other forum?

Problems aside, here's some more parts to let you know I'm still on it.
(What a bother doing those pathwalks though X( )

As you can see, those Quartz tiles are from the original wondertown texture. But they look niiice, so I'll add a note on the texture... I also made a dark version in case pits were to be made. Now, I struggle with getting custom objects to have transparency on them.... Now, I'm not sure if dark water lines don't show when they're near 0 level ground.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:45 pm

I'm probably going to die without this.... but I'm looking forward to when it's done! :shock:
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:06 pm

For some reason the WA engine scales the textures or something like that, so they don't quite tile right. It's annoying but unfortunately you just have to deal with it.