Bug Reports? Please post here!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:

Brr Float=Ice (obviously)
Not exactly. :shock: :P

figured out that if you grow a growflower on a brr float, it will be as if it is on a floor (the hologramic mushroom) not an ice growflower ( the blue tree)

Try it yourself. And one more to add to your list:

Growflower :arrow: Wall :lol: :arrow: 8)

EDIT: 8th page
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:11 am

Yes, but that's in MoFI and Iwas talking only abbout WA. I'm sure if I review MoFI a little, I can find some more glitches involving object over logic overrides, and other bugs related to the MoFI elements, but I'm too lazy and there's not that much point right now. Maybe I'll edit this post when PotZ is released. :P
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:43 am

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:33 am

In the Editor, deleting water after saving a level and going back to it causes some of the surrounding floor to darken.

Saving your game after putting walls or water next to the bottom-left corner and doing the same thing results in dark walls.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:11 pm

cbloopy wrote:
dlcs18 wrote:If this fact helps, the dialog became broken in the first place when I placed some text into interchange 99 and saved the dialog.
Thanks, that helps a bit, although it still took over an hour of testing before I hunt down the real culprit. I think I understand the bug a little better now, but it's going to be hard to avoid. I'll let Patrick know right away as it is pretty bad.

Without going into details (since there's still quite a bit I don't quite understand yet myself), there is a count of something that's stored in the dialog file (it's the first byte in fact). When that count goes above 101, the AIOOB error occurs. I'm not sure what exactly it counts (could be number of interchanges, interchanges + answers, I don't know), but due to the bug, it isn't even counting correctly!

Here's the bug: right now, every time you save the dialog, the count is incremented by one no matter what. So if you merely open a dialog and then immediately save it without actually making changes, the count still goes up by one. Here's a test I did:

1) create a new dialog, put some text for interchange 0, and then for answer 0 and answer 1. Save the dialog. Open the dialog file in a hex editor and see the value of the first byte. It's 02.

2) Now, create another dialog with the same content, except you save each time you add some text (so save after entering the text for interchange 0, then save again after answer 0, and again after answer 1). If you open the dialog file in a hex editor now, the value of the first byte is not 02, but 04!

3) Now the kicker: re-open the dialog from step #2 in WA Editor, and then save it again without actually changing anything. Open the dialog file in the hex editor again. The value of the first byte changes to 05! Even though you didn't make a single change in the dialog editor!

So basically, the more number of times you save the dialog, the worse the mis-count becomes, until it eventually goes above 102 and kill your dialog file with it. This also explains why Emerald141 didn't encounter the problem when he re-created the dialog--when he creates it again from sctatch a 2nd time, the number of times the file was saved would be a lot less than the 1st time.

Obvious this is very evil. Patrick needs to fix this serious issue.

In an absolute emergency, there is a way to recover the dialog file shall you hit this problem, but it'll be a little tedious and you'll need a hex editor:

1) make a backup copy of the "damaged" dialog file.

2) open up the dialog file in the hex editor, and look at the value of the first byte. It's probably 66 (which is 102 in decimal).

3) decrease the value of that byte by some sizable amount, say to 46 hex (which is 70). Save.

4) open up the dialog file in WA Editor. It should now load, but don't get happy just yet. Try saving it now and see what happens.

5) It may still crash. If that's the case, this means you need to decrease the byte by a larger amount. Repeat steps 2-4 again lowering the byte more (to say 36 hex or something).

6) If it doens't crash, then congratulations, you dialog's back. But you may lose a little of your work as a result. Open up the dialog again in WA Editor and see what gets discarded as a result (it'll cut off starting from the highest interchange, so start there).

If the amount lost is too much, you have the option to restore from the backup copy, and repeat steps 2-4 decreasing the first byte by a smaller amount, in hopes that you can lose less work while still avoiding the crash.

-------------

I'm going to try and see if Patrick can describe the format of the dialog file to me, so that maybe I can try to write a program that does a better job of doing the recovery described above.
I'm quoting this here just so Patrick doesn't forget about it. :)

EDIT: I found out what it's counting and how it all works.

It's counting the number of interchanges. If you manage to fix this issue using the method above, but lose some of your dialog work, don't worry! Your work isn't lost at all, it's still stored in the dialog file. You need to keep increasing the byte value until you see all of your work back. Managing to fix this while having some of your work still "lost" in the process will result in the askabout information to be messed up (and filled with your lost work!).
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:30 am

Wonderman109 wrote:In the Editor, deleting water after saving a level and going back to it causes some of the surrounding floor to darken.

Saving your game after putting walls or water next to the bottom-left corner and doing the same thing results in dark walls.
Actually I found there are lots of ways you can make these and make them disappear. But most of them don't show in the Player and disappear after you save your work.
wonderland5000
Gold Wonderlander

Post by wonderland5000 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Aoob, red square is where I clicked.:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:47 am

If you shoot magic on a border of a level, the magic will not function.

And if that magic was blink, it won't function and you will not be able to move (bec. you can't shoot blink while moving...
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:33 pm

Ducks have unstable functions, according to my latest level.

you can kill a duck by creating a Brr slide onto a square they want to move to just as they start moving toward it, before the square becomes occupied.

Ducks are immune to firetraps too. Not confirmed, but I'd assume by the other glitches they have.

The Save/Load Game glitch for turtles also makes ducks not solid until you move, so you can shoot spellballs through them.

Ducks act like metatiles. They are walls to spellballs and you, but you can move diagonally around them.

You can trap a duck by Brring the four tiles around it.

You can also kill a duck if a bridge is activated under it.

These glitches make ducks good Brr, Blink, turtle, or transporter-puzzle water elements, and they are not often used for this purpose.

Also, not a glitch, but you can destroy transporters with bridges if one is activated under a transporter. I'd expect the transporter would go up and function on land like a dragonturtle in this scenario. *runs*
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:04 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:You can also kill a duck if a bridge is activated under it. (Unconfirmed, I haven't tried it myself.)
Yes, this is true.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:10 pm

I did that in WA and commented on it in TEOTD, in TMD
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:14 pm

If you push the object box while your selecting a texture for a tile it gets hard to see what your placing in the level and where your placing it.
EDIT: You can resolve this by clicking on the tile box but it's still annoying.
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Derp
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Derp » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:17 pm

A DUCK CAN KILL YOU!
Is this a glitch?
I was just hit by a spring, I crashed into a duck and I died?
C.H.A.D - Cute Huge And Deadly!
ISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC! *Stomps*
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Derp wrote:A DUCK CAN KILL YOU!
Is this a glitch?
I was just hit by a spring, I crashed into a duck and I died?
That's a strong duck.
No I don't think it's a glitch. It could be used as an obstacle in some situations .
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:43 am

Not a glitch at all. Ducks are solid objects.

I found out that if you try to escape a spikeyball or chomper by moving towards them but diagonally, you still die. Is it a glitch? Possibly.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:16 pm

I do not know if you can say that even in a spoiler...
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm

OK forgot that's not allowed. :oops:

Another glitch I wanted to note: If you adjust the X/Y/Z adjust of any object in the editor and then change the dimensions of the level, all the objects appear as if they would if you hadn't adjusted their X/Y/Z position. :!:

It can be fixed by clicking on that/those object(s) again. What makes this glitch very dangerous in you editing is that objects that were Z-position-adjusted from underground become hidden underground again.

This is normally not a big deal as you can just lower the editor view or temporarily hide the level screen if you need to bring those objects up again, but if the object was very small or you forgot it existed and plant something else there, then you have a problem.

Objects that were in walls or bogus walls adjusted to look like they're in the floor zone move back into the walls, causing a similar problem.

Also, enormous objects lowered to look smaller rise again because of this glitch. Because of their size, it can be hard to pinpoint their location and the fact they are towering above the editor view makes it very annoying to play a clicking game of trial and error to find and lower them so you can see everything else on the ground... :| :o
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:31 pm

*bump*

The flip glitch doesn't work on anything under the 'Items' category except for adventure stars and used adventure stars.

Thus, you can never start with magic gloves and a magic charger at once ao you begin using that magic instantaneously. If you use the glitch, the gloves move ot the right or down.

Also, in-game, you can shoot through the outer section of a wall as long as there's nothing behind it.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:59 pm

DP I can't start my Player. The computer screen stops working when I click Start!. :? Should I try re-installing the editor? :?:

EDIT: I fixed it.

Found another glitch: If you re-name a button with !TextureName to !Fence, the texture works in-game and in the editor but the 2nd subcolour stays stuck at 0.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:42 am

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:26 am

Emerald141 wrote:Weather effects like the various types of snow and Rain only appear in the player's view; by using your Spy-Eye, you can see that they don't appear anywhere else in the level.
I noticed this while making Snowstorm, and it's very annoying. It could seriously slow down the game if you use a big area, though.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:26 am

I was playing TWC, the menu's default music was WA Intro. I tried to change the music volume and it ended up as MOFI Intro (MOFI Jungle)!!

Not sureif that belongs to this topic, hex editing topic, or TWC topic but whatever...
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:36 am

Sometimes I finish working on a level, Save and Exit, and make an new one, or I make two new ones in a row. In either case, I often find the new adventure I try to make doesn't get created when I press Enter. :?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:45 pm

I used a spy-eye right before opening a dialog. The spy-eye is still active. I press an answer that kills me via CMD 5 Data -1. I don't die. Nothing else with ID-1 is destroyed either. I'm perfectly fine, and as soon as I take my spy-eye off, it's as if nothing happened. :shock:
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:30 pm

The first pic is when I used wipe and two tiles weren't covered . I covered them and this happened.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 pm

A: I already mentioned this. Edge tiles get darkened sometimes when you change their tile type. It disappears once you leave the wlv.

B. I have no idea how you managed to get that. Unless you took a weird angle or put a wall and a huge object in unusual places, you might as well have destroyed your wlv.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:34 am

Wonderman109 wrote:A: I already mentioned this. Edge tiles get darkened sometimes when you change their tile type. It disappears once you leave the wlv.
Also, once this starts happening, I've often had the editor crash if I don't exit.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:35 pm

The windmill body and rotor wops are also radioactive/glowing in the dark.