ERROR: Memory Access Violation at Start-up

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
pcr
Bronze Wonderlander

ERROR: Memory Access Violation at Start-up

Post by pcr » Sat May 23, 2009 5:21 am

Woe is me!! At last level in Secrets and when I try to start the game now, I am getting this Error: Memory Access Violation!! I have played the level before (and even bet it a couple years ago). I get the same error trying to start any of the Wonderland games. I click on the desktop icon, click on play then... error! I recently installed McAfee and it obviously thinks I lead a way too dangerous online life - could it be impacting this? Copy of error attached... :cry: :cry: :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:28 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Sat May 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Do you mean that only when you reached the last level of WSW, something happened and suddenly all the Wonderland games MAV'ed at startup? :shock:

Or, did the same thing actually happen for individual games, but only upon reaching the last level?

Please do specify your problem, such that we can help you better.
pcr
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by pcr » Sat May 23, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi, again, you guys are fast at responding! The MAV error started just recently. I tried to get into Secrets and got the error so then I tried the other games to test the issue and got it on all of them. Fire Island demo works, Intensity works, Frazzled does NOT work.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Sun May 24, 2009 12:45 am

Emerald141 wrote:As far as I know, it hasn't happened at start-up. You should talk to cbloopy.
Sorry, this has never happened to me either, so I have no explanation as to why it's happening on some Midnight Synergy games but not others (especially baffling when MOFI demo is working).

If you bought the games directly from Midnight Synergy's website, you might be able to get a replacement copy from them and hope that reinstalling the game works. You should try PMing or emailing Midnight Synergy directly for this; they might even be able to help you with reinstalling the game in a way that you won't lose your progress. Good luck!

You can also try re-posting your problem on this forum, where there are more people reading, and maybe one of them has the same problem before and can help you?
andyhilbert
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by andyhilbert » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:03 am

I might know why.

One of the adventures you have might cause it like on my computer.

The adventure might have a broken dialog or something that stuffs it up.
*BLANK*
pcr
Bronze Wonderlander

I'll try anything at this point!

Post by pcr » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:02 am

I have the CD, so I guess I'll try a reinstall :( all that progress gone!!
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Re: I'll try anything at this point!

Post by mqdar » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:28 am

pcr wrote:I have the CD, so I guess I'll try a reinstall :( all that progress gone!!
You should be able to copy your profile over to the new installation, so that you don't lose all your progess. You know how to do this, don't you?
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
pcr
Bronze Wonderlander

Clueless

Post by pcr » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:11 pm

No, I don't know how. I searched the discussion boards but didn't see anything. Can you help?

Not that its a huge deal - I have gone through all the Wonderlands several times before and I am sure that when I have finished Plants vs Zombies I'll go through again.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:40 am

Hey! You play Insaniquarium! That's one of my favorite games!
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Re

Post by Pawelec » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:39 am

I like Insaniquarium too.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
pcr
Bronze Wonderlander

Insaniquarium?

Post by pcr » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:05 am

Yeah, I do, but I don't know hpw you knew that. I also like Garden Defense, Granny in Paradise (but not the newer ones where she is so small) and Plants vs Zombies. But Wonderland series is my fav - not as crazy about the mouse-driven wonderlands, though.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Insaniquarium?

Post by LittleZbot » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:49 pm

pcr wrote:Yeah, I do, but I don't know you knew that
It's on the Screen on the Pic.
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Wow. You have a LOT of stuff for your pc like players and virus-protection. Speaking of which, if you have all that stuff, why would it crash like that?

It seems strange that ALL your wonderland games crashed. :cry: If you got your games from www.midnightsynergy.com them you can email Patrick and he will send you backups for your games. Just make sure the topic is "Lost Game" and you'll be good to go.

I am sincerly sorry for what happened. As a fellow Wonderland fan, I know that it must be DEVASTATING. Not that it's happened to me before, but I have put HOURS into each game. Again, I am VERY sorry. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: