Custom modeled NPC request - Rainbow spirit

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Custom modeled NPC request - Rainbow spirit

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Can anyone get me a converted custom model of a RainbowSpirit and then make it into a NPC that acts like a spikey ball?
(Cause they kill ya) because i really wanna use them in Znoo-Znee's madness. (WA:ZZM)
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Possibly, but:

1. Spikeyballs bounce and do a tumble when they turn, so that might look strange.

2. I can't make them translucent (see-through) like in RTW

3. They would still make the spikeyball noise

The retro zbot would be closest in movement type, but of course, that would only work if this adventure was played in MOFI. Anyway, I'll play around with it and see what I come up with.
needs a 12 step program for overcoming addiction to Minecraft.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:21 am

jafo1015 wrote:Possibly, but:

1. Spikeyballs bounce and do a tumble when they turn, so that might look strange.

2. I can't make them translucent (see-through) like in RTW

3. They would still make the spikeyball noise

The retro zbot would be closest in movement type, but of course, that would only work if this adventure was played in MOFI. Anyway, I'll play around with it and see what I come up with.
Thanks, i hope it doesn't MAV.
(And it doesn't need to be see through)
PLUS I have UnOfficial MOFI editor its player is an actual MOFI game player so no worries.
(REasson i have no worries)
Its custom adventurized.
Rawr.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:33 am

Well this would work best in retro levels I guess since mofi has retro and rainbow spirits are retro.
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Rainbow Spirit Models

Post by jafo1015 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Alright, I've got two rainbow spirit WOPs with models. One, is based on the Zbot, so it moves like one and will kill you. The other is NPC based, so you can talk to it. To use them:

1. Unzip the WOPs and place them in a folder under the \ObjectPresets\ folder (i.e. \ObjectPresets\CustomModels).

2. Unzip the model folders and place them in the Custom folder of your MOFI player. Note: the two model folders are identical, just named differently. This is necessary to use my Editor Tools program to convert them.

3. Add the following lines to the Converter Data.txt file for the Editor Tools Program:

:1:|Custom\spirit\spirit.3ds|!Scritter|!None|Custom\spirit\rnbwsprt.bmp|0.0|0.0|-0.4|0.0|0.0|0.0|0.0
:1:|Custom\NPCspirit\spirit.3ds|!NPC|!None|Custom\NPCspirit\rnbwsprt.bmp|0.965|0.965|0.965|-180.0|0.0|0.0|-1.0

4. Convert the adventure/level with Editor Tools. (Hopefully you have it and can use it)

5. Enjoy!

The Zbot based spirit will appear as a scritter in the editor, and the NPC based spirit will appear as an upside down Stinker.

Included is a level with the two objects, just to show them working. Unzip and play it in a MOFI player.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Re: Rainbow Spirit Models

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 pm

jafo1015 wrote:Alright, I've got two rainbow spirit WOPs with models. One, is based on the Zbot, so it moves like one and will kill you. The other is NPC based, so you can talk to it. To use them:

1. Unzip the WOPs and place them in a folder under the \ObjectPresets\ folder (i.e. \ObjectPresets\CustomModels).

2. Unzip the model folders and place them in the Custom folder of your MOFI player. Note: the two model folders are identical, just named differently. This is necessary to use my Editor Tools program to convert them.

3. Add the following lines to the Converter Data.txt file for the Editor Tools Program:

:1:|Custom\spirit\spirit.3ds|!Scritter|!None|Custom\spirit\rnbwsprt.bmp|0.0|0.0|-0.4|0.0|0.0|0.0|0.0
:1:|Custom\NPCspirit\spirit.3ds|!NPC|!None|Custom\NPCspirit\rnbwsprt.bmp|0.965|0.965|0.965|-180.0|0.0|0.0|-1.0

4. Convert the adventure/level with Editor Tools. (Hopefully you have it and can use it)

5. Enjoy!

The Zbot based spirit will appear as a scritter in the editor, and the NPC based spirit will appear as an upside down Stinker.

Included is a level with the two objects, just to show them working. Unzip and play it in a MOFI player.
*Twitches*
Omg...
*twitches more*
YOU ARE GOD!!!
Rawr.
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Re: Rainbow Spirit Models

Post by jafo1015 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:49 pm

LexieTheFox wrote: *Twitches*
Omg...
*twitches more*
YOU ARE GOD!!!
Nah, I just play one on the internets :wink: Hope they work for ya!

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:09 pm

BUMP

sometimes, when I go to the wlv. where the rainbow spirits are. they appear, then I play an adventure. but when I save/win the level. I need to go back to the rainbow spirits to continue. But it MAVs. help!
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [36%, In Progress]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]