New Adventure - The One That's Really Long

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

New Adventure - The One That's Really Long

Post by Lucky-Luc » Thu May 29, 2008 8:01 pm

This is not a classic adventure. It's more some kind of exploring the technical possibilities of WA. You'll see what I mean when you play it.

So, this level is maybe not fun to play, but I enjoyed designing it, and maybe some of you will like the mechanism. Just don't take it too serious.

Enjoy! (Or at least, try to :P :wink: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Re: New Adventure - The One That's Really Long

Post by maxnick » Thu May 29, 2008 11:57 pm

Lucky-Luc wrote:This is not a classic adventure. It's more some kind of exploring the technical possibilities of WA. You'll see what I mean when you play it.

So, this level is maybe not fun to play, but I enjoyed designing it, and maybe some of you will like the mechanism. Just don't take it too serious.

This was fine at the begining...

But then it got a little... Long...? Boring...? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great adventure at the begining... :P :wink:
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Re: New Adventure - The One That's Really Long

Post by Clifford » Fri May 30, 2008 7:37 am

Lucky-Luc wrote:This is not a classic adventure. It's more some kind of exploring the technical possibilities of WA. You'll see what I mean when you play it.

I haven't played it but It sounds G-Double O- D
wondertown
Rainbow Wizard

Post by wondertown » Fri May 30, 2008 10:35 am

The idea was great!!!! :D :D
but playing too long make it zzz
Com Rante
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Com Rante » Fri May 30, 2008 4:26 pm

Interesting level you've got there Lucky-Luc...

How would you use such a mechanism in a normal adventure?
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Fri May 30, 2008 5:03 pm

I got to the 5th set of buttons, and after using the Spy-Eye. It didn't look worth it to continue... :lol:
dlcs18
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Fri May 30, 2008 6:11 pm

Thanks for the comments! :D

Okay - I guess it got a little bit too long :roll: :lol: , but I'm glad most of you liked the mechanism! (By the way, I made it up while I was lying in my bed and couldn't sleep :roll: )

Just a few more comments on the level: Did you notice that it's some kind of binary counter? And since it has 8 digits, you can even call it a bit 8) :wink: (EDIT: I meant a byte of course, stupid me)
And actually, I don't think I will ever use this in a "real" adventure. The only possibility I see is making the player go through a certain place several times, and everytime you need a different solution to get through. Of course something like that shouldn't contain more than 3-4 teleporters. (However, that would just be a technical gimmick. Unless you take many digits like in this level, other solutions might be way less complex)