Today is the first day of winter.

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:44 pm

The high here today is about 25F.

It's stupid cold out here. *shot*
she/her | Sayori#2285
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:12 pm

Well, according to Wikipedia is the US (almost) the only country in the world where they use "Fahrenheit" so I guess XPR lives high in the Rocky Mountains near the Canadian border, and Sammy is sitting on Miami beach. :lol:

Right now on my balcony (approx 5m high) in the NL it's -2,7 degrees C (about the same as your 25 F ) so I guess on the ground it's a few degrees colder. Children are skating and playing on the ice and in the snow in front of my house, and I'm glad that I bought snow-tires for my car. :D

About a week ago it was even -8 degrees or so.
:o
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:23 pm

I used to live in the rocky mountains. In oregon, actually. Now I live about 50 miles away from new york city. When I moved it was 5 hours a day driving, 6 days long. 3000 miles is a long way to go.

I still wish the US used the Metric system. KM and stuff is a lot simpler.
she/her | Sayori#2285
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:20 pm

Yes, the US is a very big country. I guess if you take one of the 50 states of the US that the NL is even a lot smaller, probably as big as a few big cities at the East of the US such as New York, Newark, Philadelphia and Washington together.

I think the Rocky Mountains are beautiful, but I've never been there. I like the Alps.

I must not think about driving in a car for 6 days, but well, 5 hours a day is not that much though. You also could have done it in 2 or 3 days.

About metric system I agree, but well; a big country changes slowly. :wink: I have flying lessons, and there they also still use miles, feet, knots etc.