PHILOSOPHY ON OUR EXISTENCE

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:14 pm

If there are atoms from another reality, then that would be unnatural; correct.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Anti-matter?
Blink
Rainbow Master

Post by Blink » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:10 pm

This isn't philosophy! Or at least I don't think it is..

Actually, I don't get it. At all. It seems like a jumbled theory in development to me.

Maybe you're just too smart for me, MyNameIsKooky. :lol:
VirtLands
Rainbow Master

anti-philosophy

Post by VirtLands » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:57 am

billy bob wrote:If there are atoms from another reality, then that would be unnatural; correct.

I suppose that atoms from another reality would be just as unnatural
as encountering atoms from the past or future.

However, it has been proven that entangled atoms exist.
http://www.daviddarling.info/encycloped ... ement.html
wrote:There may be more things in heaven and earth,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Just as there may be anti-matter,
there may also be anti-philosophy, and anti-logic.

Would you be willing to describe anti-logic?
I presume that anti-logic = chaos.

Chaos is a state of confusion or disorder, where philosophy fails. :wink:

Further food for thought,

if 1=True, 0=False, then what is √-1 ?

My imaginary friend start with "i". Image
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Blink wrote:Maybe you're just too smart for me, MyNameIsKooky. :lol:
I'M TOO SMART FOR EVERYONE!
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:09 pm

VirtLands wrote:...if 1=True, 0=False, then what is √-1 ?
You could use anything instead of 0 and anything instead of 1. It has just been picked by humans.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Half way.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:22 pm

We call "anti matter" unnatural, because, as far as we know, such a thing does not exist. However, if it would exist, we would call it natural. :)
BB wrote:You could use anything instead of 0 and anything instead of 1. It has just been picked by humans.
I agree, but the only way to make it understandable, making sense, is to talk about True and False. I think most people will understand that:

Code: Select all

if A is TRUE AND  B is TRUE = C is TRUE
means: C is only TRUE, if both: A and B are TRUE. And

Code: Select all

if A is TRUE OR  B is TRUE = C is TRUE
means: C is TRUE, if only one of them: A or B, or both are TRUE.
Andy wrote:Just as there may be anti-matter,
there may also be anti-philosophy, and anti-logic.
I can imagine that "something" and anti "something" compensate each other, so together they are nothing / zero. I can imagine that, theoretically, it would be possible if there is matter and anti matter, which compensate each other; if you put them together, they both disappear. (I've always been a Star Trek fan :) )

However. anti logic or anti philosophy don't make any sense to me. It would mean: if you take order and chaos together, they both disappear.

The number "i" is an unreal, imaginary number. But anti logic is, at least for me, not even imaginary.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:48 pm

The way I see it, you can't have order and chaos. They are oppsites. But you can, lets say, have light and darkness in the same place, as light but not very powerful. Then again, by that logic, order and chaos in the same place is merely...nothing. So you could say order and chaos put together makes them both dissapear.
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Flying Boy, I think there is more then one meaning of the word "opposite". We can say that two things, for example, forces in opposite direction are each other opposite. 1 and -1 are compensating each other, together they are 0 (zero). Gravity force, and the force of the floor you are standing on, are compensating each other. The gravity force is toward the center of the Earth, and the force of the floor/ground, is in opposite direction. You also can say that it's a negative force in the same direction. So those two forces are compensating each other, which means that the result is the same as if there would be no force at all; you're staying at the same place.

However, there are also people who call light and darkness each other's opposite. But they don't compensate each other. If the light is not powerful perhaps you can say it is half light. So, if you have a bit of order and a bit of chaos, it is half order - half chaos. They don't compensate each other, but the result is just an average value.

1 and -1 are each other's opposite. 1 and 0 are not. There is only one unique number. That's the number 0 (zero). Because 0 is nothing, and all the other numbers are something. Something and minus something together is nothing, but something and nothing together is either still something, or perhaps half something.

Nothing is not the opposite of something. It's only the absence of something.

Emerald, just as you say: It's a theory. I don't dare to say that it's not true. But I will not believe it, until I see it with my own eyes. :lol:
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:56 pm

True. True.

I'm gonna try to say something and make it as hard to understand as possible now. :3

I can say for certain that I egsist, but you can't. To you I might just be a figment of your imagination. This also could work vice-versa. Mabye the :D smilie is a actual life form someone took a picture of and put it online. But who says online is real, and not just something you are seeing, as if you were high?(Just for the record I've never been high. I know from a friend who was. :3) The floor you step on could not be there and it dosnen't hold you up. Mabye you walking is just your imagination, the floor is just your imagination, and not falling is just your imagination. Who says your imagination is real, either? Mabye your imagination is just my imagination imagineing your imagination, which is not real in this case. Who says you are real? You might just be my imagination, too. If you argue saying you are real it could just be my mind making up what someone that's not me would say.Mabye I'm not real, just part of your imagination. The teenager writing this might not be real, just your imagination. Mabye the messages you see from "Boywhoflies" are, in fact, just black spaces on the webpage with posts there created by your imagination. Mabye the webpage is not real either. Mabye it's your imagination. Mabye hunger does not egsist, and rather, when you don't eat for a while your stomach hurts for no reason. Mabye that pain, that food, your stomach, and you aren't real. All we can say for sure is that there is at least 1 reality, assuming it's the world we live in. If the world is someone's imagination, that makes 2 "realities":The imagination of that person and the world where the person egsists. Mabye I'm not real, you're not real, and evreyone you know, knew, will know, have heard of, will hear of, are hearing of now, and evreyone else who ever lived/is living/will live is just someone else imagineing us. Same goes for each person, place, thing, idea, ect. . Mabye the device you are reading this with is someone's imagination, and the text is part of someone's imagination, and the teenager who wrote it is part of someone's imagination, and the eyes you are reading it with are part of someone's imagination, and you are part of someone's imagination. Mabye this person who's imagination is our world is part of someone's else's imagination, giving 3 "worlds". That goes on. Now, if our world is real, what can we be sure is real? Mabye the walls you can crash into are not real and you are getting hurt and stoping because you thing you should be getting hurt and stoping. Mabye the "wall" is just you imagining something that's not there, again, as if you were high. Mabye this works vice versa, as well. Mabye there is no such thing as friction, but rather thousands of alive hands that live on evrey surface that egsists and attempts to slow objects down. You would never truely feel these hands because they are microscopic. Mabye atoms are just millions of tiny hands. Mabye your whole life is your imagination. Mabye you have been in a coma your whole life, and spiders having the power to walk up walls and beavers having the power to cut trees down with their teeth and fish having the power to breathe underwater and us having far superiour intlegence are realy just how you expect things to happen. Think about it, the amazing things life forms can do seems fake. Mabye none of these creatures even egsist. Mabye you are realy a creature called a tawa, and your human body is merely your imagination. Mabye the world is alive and chosing our actions for us. Mabye you punched that guy the other day because the universe wanted you too, but we think we are chosing our actions because if we knew for sure as far as we know this will cause the world to die, thus causing us(it's imagination) to scese to egsist.

That was fun. XD

Chatroom
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Addition: Emerald, the reason that I don't believe it is this:

- In mathematics, there is positive and negative. Exactly in the middle of it, there is zero. Mathematics is only one-dimensional. (Well, Andy's imaginary friend says it's two-dimensional)

- In nature / physics there's only zero or positive, but not negative. It's three-dimensional, so there are many directions. In nature there can be something or nothing, but not minus something. If I'm driving with 100 kph North or South, in both cases I'm going 100 kph. I can have 1, 2 or 3 trees in my garden, but not -2. North pole and South pole are in opposite direction, but they are not each other's opposite; they don't compensate each other.

There's difference between weight/force and mass. Force can be in many directions, and some people (especially mathematicians) may call a force in an opposite direction, a negative force. But mass has nothing to do with direction; it's only a value without direction, so it can't be negative.

In nature perhaps a direction can be negative, but a value can't!

So I think there can't be negative mass or negative matter.

Flying Boy, I just see your pretty long post. I did not read it yet but I will do so later. :)
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:05 pm

Yeah, it's long. I was bored. XD

Chatroom
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:21 pm

I'm gonna try to say something and make it as hard to understand as possible now. :3
LOL I think you succeeded. As far as I understand the first half part, I agree! As for the second half I probably have to read and think about it a few times more.

BTW, I think flying boys don't really exist. 8)
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:33 pm

The first "psychology" I made that people can't eazly prove wrong. Epic. :3

I don't think they egsist, either. But they do in my imagination. Mabye evreyone's imagination is actually a world which you can enter in any body you want and you can control this reality, but the people you meet are actual beings. I'll stop now. Throwing that in randomly probaly wasn't funny. :3

Chatroom
VirtLands
Rainbow Master

Dangerous Math

Post by VirtLands » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:41 pm

Emerald141 wrote:.... According to quantum theory or something, new particles of matter pop into existence all the time, accompanied by matching particles of antimatter.

It can also be said that new forum members pop into existence
all the time too, many only briefly, existing for only a nanosecond,
then poof! they're gone.

When you joined this forum a matching "anti-human" also joined.
These are anti-people.

For most of time, these anti-people have a
weak grasp on our dimension, they are quickly drawn
away into their "anti-forum", by strong anti-fundamental nuclear forces.

A small diagram that demonstrates the nuclear force that binds us
all including anti-matter-people:::

But, a few of these people still cling to our side
and remain with us, connecting with us, posting
levels, communicating....
The internet becomes the safety buffer
allowing anti-people and people to interact without harm coming
to either.

Related to anti-people, there is anti-math:::
They live their daily lives in anti-operations, using
anti-money, anti-credit cards, anti-debt, and of course, anti-math.
There are special (top secret) computers (servers) built
by an advanced beings to process operations between
regular math and anti-math.

Careless interactions between these opposing forms of math
may result in massive entropy and radiation
spreading from the point from where the error occurred, and
destroying the immediate locality.

The special programmers (that developed these computers),
could make very few mistakes; in most cases, errors in logic would
result in the annihilation of the programmer and all area within a few
square miles. Needless to say, that career didn't last long.
(Speaking of a dangerous profession!)

An "anti-1" can be added to a regular "1", but how would you do it?

Theory 1:
Very carefully,
the results of making a mistake on this math test would
be far worse result than just a B-, or F;

Anti-numbers can be paired with normal numbers, but only if
separated by a comma, any closer and they would annihillate each
other, taking the pen and paper with them at the point of error.

As such, (using set notation),
{1 , 1} :: that the first one is normal,
the second one is not normal!

In a somewhat related topic::

In the event of a half-life function, don't
get get burned by numeric radiation.

In our next topic I will go into more detail
on radioactive numbers,...

Marinus wrote:
LOL I think you succeeded. As far as I understand the first half part, I agree! As for the second half I probably have to read and think about it a few times more.
BTW, I think flying boys don't really exist. 8)
Quite agreed that it was hard to understand.
But I believe that boys will fly someday.
They have special aircraft, not designed for the rest.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:00 am

On the wings of imaginantion and fantisy. :lol: