Things that don't fit/deserve another topic (anything goes)

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:23 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:
Nobody wrote:aww

i liked the random question thread better than this

i thought this was supposed to be a place to post random images and phrases

not a chat
The random questions thread sounded like a forum game in the first place.
How is it a forum game?
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:41 pm

tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Emerald141 wrote:Tyteen, was locking the other topic really necessary? There were a lot of random questions going around anyways and it seemed utterly unnecessary to have them all take up a separate topic or clutter up this one.

And how was it a forum game? I fail to see your reasoning.
That thread is similar to this one: http://forum.3pointstudio.com/showthread.php?t=520. You may argue that the questions are reasonable, but there's no clear definition of what is "reasonable" or not (and some users tend to game the system), so I'd rather put them all here.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:25 pm

So you're calling it a forum game because it's about asking questions and there's a well-known forum game about asking questions?
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:33 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:10 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote: ..but there's no clear definition of what is "reasonable" or not (and some users tend to game the system), so I'd rather put them all here.
WHAT ABOUT 'WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES IN REAL LIFE?'!?!?!?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:50 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:That thread is similar to this one: http://forum.3pointstudio.com/showthread.php?t=520.
wat
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:37 am

Sammy_P wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote: ..but there's no clear definition of what is "reasonable" or not (and some users tend to game the system), so I'd rather put them all here.
WHAT ABOUT 'WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES IN REAL LIFE?'!?!?!?
It is kinda on the edge too, but at least it does not promise a shift in topic of discussion.
Nobody wrote:So you're calling it a forum game because it's about asking questions and there's a well-known forum game about asking questions?
Asking questions and changing the question regularly. That's why I think it is a forum game.
Emerald141 wrote:I view the topic as similar to the MNIK games video walkthrough topic. There was already an existing similar topic for it, but there was a good reason to have the second topic anyway.
I think the walkthroughs should either stay in their own topic, or stay in the respective game's main topic.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:52 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:
Nobody wrote:So you're calling it a forum game because it's about asking questions and there's a well-known forum game about asking questions?
Asking questions and changing the question regularly. That's why I think it is a forum game.
What?

You can still answer earlier questions. You don't have to stop just because there's another one. By the same logic it was good when we had a ton of Mario topics instead of one because it would have been a forum game if the Mario game discussed changed regularly.
Micman27
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Micman27 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:14 am

[quote="tyteen"
Asking questions and changing the question regularly. That's why I think it is a forum game.[/quote]
Oh really?

PAGE 2:
SS01 wrote:GUESS THE GAME. (Its easy!)
PAGE 3:
Emerald wrote:What do you guys hear when you read character dialogs?
PAGE 4:
tyteen wrote:www.nyan.cat

HOW LONG CAN YOU SURVIVE?
Every Ending Matters Demo 3 progress: 0%
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:58 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:So someone, er... defecated... on the floor? D:

(I'm just saying that because the mental image is much more disgusting. :lol: )
That happened at my school too.
Everyone seems to vandalize the bathrooms in some way.
In fact, in the 6th grade bathroom, one stall has no door, and the other has a door that never opens. Ironically the least vandalized bathroom is the 8th grade one, despite the fact that they are the oldest in the school and are the worst in the school.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:03 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:
I think you're confused by the definition of "forum game".
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:56 am

tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:53 am

Micman27 wrote:
tyteen wrote: Asking questions and changing the question regularly. That's why I think it is a forum game.
Oh really?

PAGE 2:
SS01 wrote:GUESS THE GAME. (Its easy!)
PAGE 3:
Emerald wrote:What do you guys hear when you read character dialogs?
PAGE 4:
tyteen wrote:www.nyan.cat

HOW LONG CAN YOU SURVIVE?
So I am allowing only one topic of this kind.
Emerald141 wrote:I thought a moderator was supposed to make decisions that were well-informed and reflected the views of the community. You're standing alone in this and the majority of the evidence points against your argument. No offense intended of course (I'm writing this at 9PM and my brain isn't really working right), but this is sorta sad.
Yes, we are supposed to listen to users and strike a balance. However, when too many users game the system, we have to be strict to enforce the rules.

I'll wait for another mod to speak up, then maybe I will reconsider.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:04 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:
Emerald141 wrote:I thought a moderator was supposed to make decisions that were well-informed and reflected the views of the community. You're standing alone in this and the majority of the evidence points against your argument. No offense intended of course (I'm writing this at 9PM and my brain isn't really working right), but this is sorta sad.
Yes, we are supposed to listen to users and strike a balance. However, when too many users game the system, we have to be strict to enforce the rules.
Just how are we "gaming the system"? There's pretty much no evidence of the topic being a forum game. No one's going to support you unless you can back up your point with actual evidence.
tyteen4a03 wrote:I'll wait for another mod to speak up, then maybe I will reconsider.
Oh, so our opinions are worth less than yours just because you're an all-high-and-mighty moderator? -.-
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:41 pm

WHOA WHOA WHOA

shirt.woot.com has a cool shirt design today.

http://shirt.woot.com/

Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:28 pm

I miss the days of xpr'd and Qloof being active.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:31 pm

^This.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:40 pm

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Nobody wrote:I miss the days of xpr'd and Qloof being active.
They still come here, but they only seem to post in the My Little Pony topic and maybe a few select others... :|

In my opinion, we really don't need moderators. It's done nothing but make everything worse. There is nothing good about them. Nowadays they never do anything except lock a topic which doesn't deserve a locking. And trying to be tyrannical.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:54 pm

~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:59 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Nobody wrote:I miss the days of xpr'd and Qloof being active.
They still come here, but they only seem to post in the My Little Pony topic and maybe a few select others... :|
I at least try to browse over every topic, but I usually feel like I don't have much to add to any other topics. :s
MyNameIsKooky wrote:In my opinion, we really don't need moderators. It's done nothing but make everything worse. There is nothing good about them. Nowadays they never do anything except lock a topic which doesn't deserve a locking. And trying to be tyrannical.
Gee, thanks for the support.
I actually agree, for the most part we don't do much. Mods were only really needed when the old offtopic crashed, but now that it's settled down a bit more, all I ever really do is move topics if they're out of place.
For the most part, I don't do the locking, only if it's really needed or something.
Now, please excuse me while I hide in the corner and be offended by being called tyrannical.

Sidenote to tyteen; when you're talking about moderation, please don't use "us" or "we" in your sentences. Some of the things you say I don't agree with, and you're generalizing your opinion as if Q and I automatically agree with you. I'm not trying to insult you or say that you're a bad mod, by all means, I'd say the opposite, but still.
she/her | Sayori#2285
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:06 am

~xpr'd~ wrote:Gee, thanks for the support.
I'm not trying to bash you guys or anything, it's just that the off-topic has settled down enough to the point that moderating is mostly unnecessary. Maybe we still do need a mod or two, but the only time moderation is ever required these days is probably once or twice every six months.
~xpr'd~ wrote:Now, please excuse me while I hide in the corner and be offended by being called tyrannical.
I was referring to tyteen, not you or Qloof. I know pointing fingers is rude and all, but it's kind of ridiculous that he's trying to run the off-topic his way while shoving off everyone else's points.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:10 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:I'm not trying to bash you guys or anything, it's just that the off-topic has settled down enough to the point that moderating is mostly unnecessary. Maybe we still do need a mod or two, but the only time moderation is ever required these days is probably once or twice every six months.
Yeah, I agreed in the middle section of my last post.
I can't be bothered to type MyNameIsKooky wrote:I was referring to tyteen, not you or Qloof. I know pointing fingers is rude and all, but it's kind of ridiculous that he's trying to run the off-topic his way while shoving off everyone else's points.
Honestly, I haven't read this entire topic, but I'll go look at things and see what's going on, then. :x
she/her | Sayori#2285
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:34 am

Last edited by Emerald141 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:04 am

~xpr'd~ wrote:Sidenote to tyteen; when you're talking about moderation, please don't use "us" or "we" in your sentences. Some of the things you say I don't agree with, and you're generalizing your opinion as if Q and I automatically agree with you. I'm not trying to insult you or say that you're a bad mod, by all means, I'd say the opposite, but still.
We are a team, we are supposed to cooperate. It's fine if you don't agree with another mod's opinion on a specific topic, but please talk to that mod first before undoing his actions.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:04 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:
~xpr'd~ wrote:Sidenote to tyteen; when you're talking about moderation, please don't use "us" or "we" in your sentences. Some of the things you say I don't agree with, and you're generalizing your opinion as if Q and I automatically agree with you. I'm not trying to insult you or say that you're a bad mod, by all means, I'd say the opposite, but still.
We are a team, we are supposed to cooperate. It's fine if you don't agree with another mod's opinion on a specific topic, but please talk to that mod first before undoing his actions.
You sound like MS now.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:14 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:
Sorry about that. :s I will ask you next time, but I only unlocked this because it didn't need to be locked in the first place.
she/her | Sayori#2285
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Tyteen4a03 locked one of my topics incorrectly as well. Simply because it contained a picture. By his logic, any thread containing a picture should be put in the pictures thread. It was a shame that it got locked because I thought it was an interesting glitch that I had discovered.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:13 pm

billy bob wrote:Tyteen4a03 locked one of my topics incorrectly as well. Simply because it contained a picture. By his logic, any thread containing a picture should be put in the pictures thread. It was a shame that it got locked because I thought it was an interesting glitch that I had discovered.
Actually, MS locked it. The moderators' powers are restricted to the Off-Topic forum.