Do only I cannot complete Sharecash surveys?

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Can you complete Sharecash/Filesmy surveys?

Yes, but I live in the USA/the UK/Canada/Australia.
13%
Yes, and I live in the other country! :)
No votes
No, they still don't let me download... :-(
88%

Total votes: 8
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Do only I cannot complete Sharecash surveys?

Post by Pawelec » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:47 am

Well, the trouble is I get the offer list, I complete one and nothing happens. I can try to complete all of them, but none works. I'm in Poland, so I have a diffrent proxy. Also, when I complete survey I disable AdBlock. I need to get one file before tomorrow, but I cannot complete survey. I need help!
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:49 am

I'd say they're pretty much scams.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:30 pm

This is how sharecash and other sites like it work:

Step 1. They bring you in with "ooh, this thing you have to pay for is free! just do a survey!"
Step 2. The survey requires you to complete other surveys, which at least one of them will always require you to pay for and insert more information than anybody but you should really know.
Step 3. While you're still on step 2, they download malware, viruses, etc. on to your computer.
Step 4. If you're gullible enough to finish the surveys, you probably need to install their special downloading software onto your computer to download the file, which will also install tons of toolbars, adware, and other stuff you don't want onto your computer.
Step 5. (optional) You realize you wasted more money, time, and effort to getting the file than you would've if you just paid for it. And then it doesn't even work.

So steer clear of those places.
she/her | Sayori#2285
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 pm

I've got very good at recognising scams (Runescape is full of them), and this just screeeeeeeams scam. :roll:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:50 pm

Step 3. While you're still on step 2, they download malware, viruses, etc. on to your computer.
Not all of them are this actively malicious. But yes, all of them try to get your money or one step or another.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 am

~xpr'd~ wrote:Step 3. While you're still on step 2, they download malware, viruses, etc. on to your computer.
Cannot be done without your permission.

(Unless you're still using IE, then you have only yourself to blame)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:50 pm

~xpr'd~ wrote:This is how sharecash and other sites like it work:

Step 1. They bring you in with "ooh, this thing you have to pay for is free! just do a survey!"
Step 2. The survey requires you to complete other surveys, which at least one of them will always require you to pay for and insert more information than anybody but you should really know.
Step 4. If you're gullible enough to finish the surveys, you probably need to install their special downloading software onto your computer to download the file, which will also install tons of toolbars, adware, and other stuff you don't want onto your computer.
Step 5. (optional) You realize you wasted more money, time, and effort to getting the file than you would've if you just paid for it. And then it doesn't even work.

So steer clear of those places.
:) I will draw an algorithm of sharecash downloading mechanism...
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi