The Adventures of me and Kimmy

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

The Adventures of me and Kimmy

Post by Technos72 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:02 am

And Kimmy is supposed to be the new name of my laptop.

Anyway, sunday evening Kimmy decided to freeze up very frequently and I had to keep resetting so much that Resetti would die after losing all his breath from running back and fourth to me and the world of Animal crossing. Luckily, there's a chance it won't freeze when I reset the system.

Having seeing Kimmy freezing, going slow on the programs, and slowing down games due to overheating. I'm left with my "panic option" which is to reset to factory settings. So the next day, once I got ahold of a state where Kimmy won't immediately freeze, I quickly used system restore, waited a while so that it restores to an early checkpoint, got back on with no freezing, and went to create backups of everything I need and use on a daily basis.

So I reset the system to factory settings as if I got it out of the box, set up whatever I needed to use, and see if the resetting thing worked. Things are working great after the laptop reset. I mean the free space here is five times bigger than before, and there hasn't been an overheat slowdown at all today when I went on Runescape and Minecraft partly to experiment. Several other annoying things have been cleared off too. Pretty nice.

I'll get some other interesting things from Kimmy as I look more farther in this new state we're in.