Phobias and Disorders Discussion

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Krishiv738 wrote:Triskadekaphobia (fear of number 13)
Interesting. How does it work? Do you freak out when you see 13? (that can't be, since you just typed it) :P[/quote]

That is when the date is 13
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:07 pm

StinkerSquad01 wrote:Silverfish, the bane of humanity.
I have those in my downstairs bathroom. ._.

help me

please
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:22 pm

Can cockroaches really do that? :shock:

Oh... I'd help you, Dig, but there's just one problem - I don't know how.

I used to actually have a dangerous fear of tornados...

but, I've not minded them so much since they don't summon here so much, and that they're kind of interesting how they're just tubes made out of air. :lol:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:31 pm

When there was a tornado warning and I had to go into the basement I was all alone at first and so for the next few months I had a distinct fear of tornadoes/storms. Nowadays I love storms.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:58 am

dig 222 wrote:
StinkerSquad01 wrote:Silverfish, the bane of humanity.
I have those in my downstairs bathroom. ._.

help me

please
Okay,first gimme the address of your downstairs bathroom so that I could ship my punches to those Silverfishes.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:23 am

Jutomi wrote:Can cockroaches really do that? :shock:
I used to actually have a dangerous fear of tornados...
Yes they can. I hate those creatures! I hear they can even survive a nuclear war :shock:

And I think we all have a fear of tornadoes. They're dangerous and devastating. :(
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:02 pm

How come they can, and we can't? |:I

Hmmm...

I do, however, tend to have a slight fear of volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, a plain crashing into my yard, wild fires, and even domestic fires, at times.

I've had several unrealistic volcano dreams involving unusual events, but...

the last time I actually had one was just before a massive island rose out near... I think it was Portugal; But I digress.

I all so have a fear, apparently, of having an unusual ring in the back of my head - almost like a pressure, that sometimes "quakes" a little...

but, if it happens in my sleep(which is not often), I tend to shoot up, rather awakened, eccentric, slightly shaken, and end up, some time later, having a mildly sore neck. :|

That's what happens if you have that pressure ring thing in the back of your head go off a bit too long and too far.

I am fearful of this, however, mostly because the first of the two most recent ones I had involved both death and an enlightment for perspective reality.
The second one kind of involved perspective time travel. :|

I'd have no idea what'd happen if it went.. too far...

So, that's an other slight-to-moderate fear of mine, if you're interested.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:21 am

Jutomi wrote:How come they can, and we can't? |:I

I've had several unrealistic volcano dreams involving unusual events,
It too had a volcano dreams which the inside of the volcano is a facilty to produce metals.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:37 am

hey kirsh

[edited out]
Last edited by Sammy_P on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:15 am

Sammy_P wrote:hey kirsh

[snip]
Krishiv738 wrote:
samuelthx wrote:
Krishiv738 wrote:Triskadekaphobia (fear of number 13)
Interesting. How does it work? Do you freak out when you see 13? (that can't be, since you just typed it) :P
That is when the date is 13
I'd also like to add; whether it's in jest or not, it's insensitive (and in some cases just cruel) to poke fun at someone's fears like that. Don't do that, please.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Sammy_P wrote:hey kirsh

[snip]
*runs away*(typed this post via my friends help.)
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Re: Phobias and Disorders Discussion

Post by Koopson44 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:12 am

jdl wrote: Food Neophobia or Selective Eating Disorder (SED)

-jdl
I have this, OCD and aspergers.
Don't come in contact with contaminants.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:10 am

I have a phobia of domestic pets, mostly dogs. Sorry to any dog-lovers here. :o
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:34 pm

I'm terrified of Bees and Wasps. :lol:
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:37 pm

dig 222 wrote:I'm terrified of Bees and Wasps. :lol:
OH MU GAWD! Bees! are terrifying!
Don't come in contact with contaminants.
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:13 pm

I am afraid of loud places, and I HATE flies.

I don't understand arachnophobia though. I tend think of most spiders as harmless trappers who mind their own business.

Do not even get me started on dark, open spaces. they are terrifying
no
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:16 pm

I have Asperger Syndrome, which makes me lack social skills, become particularly clumsy, tend to act before I think, and have difficulty balancing. Because of this, I still am unable to ride a bike.

I also have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, known to most as ADHD, so I find it difficult to focus on much of anything and am hyperactive frequently. This also adds to my disability to think before acting.

In addition, I have Muscular Dystrophy, which makes me physically weaker than the majority of people. It takes me extra effort to lift something or even stiffen my arms than it does for most.

As many of you know, I have Insomnia. Insomnia is a disorder in which it becomes very difficult to get to sleep at night. Most people have experienced this once or twice. I'm different, however, because I experience this every night of my life. It is quite common for me to go to bed at 10:00 P.M. and not get to sleep until after 3:00 A.M. As a side effect, though, I can operate easily with very few hours of sleep, which is probably a plus.

The list goes on. I have a Superiority Complex, though not very strong. I tend to think myself above others, and am much more likely to think that I am right and they are wrong. I do not mean for this, but it is still there.

I'm not sure what this is officially called, or if it counts as a disability, but I can create new personalities at will. Some of you may remember FOOD invading the chat and trolling it. FOOD later turned out to be me. It may interest you to know that, before that, I had never trolled anybody in my life. To create FOOD, I made a brand-new "trolling-ish" personality that is still in my mind today. I can switch to it whenever I please.

I have a mild form of Intermittent Explosive Anger Disorder, which means that, when I get really angry, I cannot control myself and go into a fit of rage. I will do things that I will regret later. Coupled with the next disorder, this could be dangerous. Thankfully, it rarely happens, but when it does, only the bare basics of common sense hold me back from hurting others or smashing my belongings. I say that it's mild, because, unlike many, I DO hold back. I have never caused any serious damage yet. In addition, as I mentioned, it is very difficult for me to get angry.

I am not necessarily either narcissistic or have psychopathy, but I do lack empathy. I don't care if a child just died in a gun raid, or if somebody drove into a river and drowned, assuming it was a state away or further. I try to care, to imagine myself in their steps, but I simply don't care.

Until recently, I suffered from Achluophobia, Arachnephobia, Athazagoraphobia, Atychiphobia and Altophobia, but I suffer little from any of them now. I do, however, have Aeroacrophobia, which is a fear of high, open places - so much so that the majority of my nightmares involve me falling form the top of a skyscraper with no railings, and Apiphobia (strange how I only have phobias that start with "A" isn't it?), which is fear of bees, though this is largely due to the fact that I am allergic to Bee Stings.

As you can clearly see, I'm messed up.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
Sofoulini
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Sofoulini » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:18 pm

Actually I have many fears but the Five Big Fears in my life are these one:

1)I'm afraid of the dentists,cause it's very painful process to churn out wisdom teeth and your gums are bleeding all the time.

2)I'm afraid of jumping from high places cause I feel that my body will broken apart and I will die.

3)I'm afraid of staying single forever cause I want to be with my friends all the time.I'm sociable person and I hate to be alone. Sometimes,I feel that I can't do nothing without my friends.They are part of my life and of myself.

4)I'm afraid of growing up and having great responsibilities are another terrible fears that I wouldn't like to live.
I'm a person that I love the quiet life and I feel that I'm still really young for great responsibilities.
But the life goes on and the years are moving quickly so I think that it's time to take life in our hands whether we like it or not.

5)But my biggest fear is the failure and not to accomplish my dreams.
Everyday I'm trying my best but sometimes,I make some silly mistakes and as the result I get in trouble without Ι wanted it.

Now my others fears are:
-Being myself in front of others cause sometimes,I'm a little shy.

-Closed spaces(in elevator especially)

-Snakes,bee stings,sharks and cockroaches

-The creepy noises in the night(which they will end me one day but I don't know when) :lol:
My Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/InMrMenShow

>My list with my custom levels/adventures<
http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351783#351783
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:10 pm

Well, I guess I'll repost my fears and disorders from the previous topic.

First, I have autism, asperger syndrome to be exact. I have massive troubles when it comes to social interaction (excluding the Internet because it kinda is a "hurtproof wall"), I often become psychotic when I'm either in a social place. Just talking to someone when ordering something at a place or restaurant makes me shiver and scared. I used to socialize a little bit before, but due to people hurting me I stopped completely.

[deleted a part of my post due for security and privacy purposes]

Also, I also have, I don't really know what it's called, an exaggerated anger towards humans. I don't know why, but just basic thoughts about humans (even certain humans on the Internet) makes me rage furious. I generally stay away from all political or social issues because they are as useful as destroying my mood.

So, yeah. I have a lot of micro-issues as well, such as changes, photophobia (fear of light), and I have also a lot of pain when involving eyes and ears. I also currently have depression due to the *insert a lot of swear words* school (thank god I'm homeschooled now), but I'm pretty sure it's more of an illness than a phobia/disorder. I also may have more issues, but they won't come to my head yet. :roll:
Last edited by garirry on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:14 am

Much like LittleZBot, I have ADHD, Muscular Dystrophy, and Aeroacrophobia. I also have minor OCD (not just "I like things to be orderly"—sometimes the exact opposite is true—but more "Oh jeez I just started tapping my right hand on my desk subconciously and now I have the urge to tap my left hand the exact same way"; what I'm trying to say is that I actually do have OCD, not like many people on the internet use the term just as a sort of slang remark) but it doesn't impact my life too greatly.

What does affect my life, however, is a condition I have called Idiopathic Endolymphatic Hydrops, also known as Méinère's Disease. This basically means that I not only have too much fluid in my ear, but it doesn't flow correctly throughout my ear. Because your vestibular system is what gives you your sense of balance and spatial awareness, I've never had a sense of balance; my brain has slowly trained itself to know how to remain balanced, but I get horrifically dizzy from spinning around even two or three times. In addition, as a kid, this made it impossible for me to tell if I was 2ft or 200ft off the ground when I was just on a simple swingset (probably where my acrophobia came from; although, since I now enjoy being on the 50th+ floors of skyscrapers and feeling fine looking out the window, I changed it to aeroacrophobia to better describe it). Also, the doctor said that I might wake up deaf in one or both of my ears one morning, and it'll be nearly irreversible, so that's... comforting. This already happens to me sometimes; currently I'm hearing significantly better in my left ear than my right, but that wasn't the case this morning. I also commonly get ringing in my ears randomly.

Also interesting is that narcolepsy runs in my family; I haven't researched it very much, but it's not the type of 'falling-asleep-during-work' narcolepsy, but more 'going-into-deep-REM-sleep-for-half-a-second-randomly-throughout-the-day' narcolepsy. My mom didn't know she had such a condition, until she noticed that it would explain why she had trouble paying attention to things and trouble remembering things and was always very clumsy et cetera—it's because she was missing half-second pieces of everything, every day. She has numerous other sleep problems (and I haven't had a good night's rest in months), but thankfully none of those have really done anything to me yet.
she/her | Sayori#2285