Evil-ist Games You Have Ever Played (in terms of difficulty)

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Evil-ist Games You Have Ever Played (in terms of difficulty)

Post by boh123321 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:19 pm

So, I figured I would make this thread for people to talk about insanely difficult games that they have played, because some of the most fun you can have playing games is playing vilely hard ones (no sarcasm intended)
My example is "I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game"

this game is evil

Examples: In first screen, apples fall down and crush you. Okay, so next time, you sneak around the apples and find one that is low enough to jump over it. When you jump, it falls up and crushes you.

In one scene, a huge majestic full moon is high in the sky. 5 screens later, when it is forgotten, it falls down and kills you. When you try to evade it next time, it freaking follows you around and kills you.

I hate this game. But I also love it.

download it in all its glory here: kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg
no
peegman
Rainbow Wizard

Post by peegman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:53 am

any of the Kaizo Mario World hack, Kaizo Mario 64 and Cool or Cruel

(all Super Mario hacks)
yee
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:28 am

I've never gotten very far in IWBTG. It's ludicrously hard. I honestly never liked it that much, but I can still see the appeal.

A game that kind of reminds me of IWBTG's challenges is Super Meat Boy. They both put your reflexes to the test.

One very hard game I think is really good is "La-Mulana". It's a platforming adventure game where you explore massive ancient ruins and collect treasure. When I say "massive" I mean incredibly huge; this is one of the granddaddies of adventure games. It's recently been remade, quite excellently, and put on Steam. The original is much harder due to lack of guidance, so if you get the chance I recommend trying the remake. Though the original is free, you'll probably need a walkthrough for a lot of it (even getting started is a bit confusing).

La-Mulana - Remake - it's a lot better. And 80% off (only 3 dollars) on Steam right now!!
La-Mulana - Original - it's free.

Also I JUST now found out that a sequel to La-Mulana is being made. My life just got a lot better.

EDIT: I might make my own thread about La-Mulana cause I'm so excited about the sequel. :lol:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!