Intensity XS, IXS Recharge and colony glitch

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

omarogi35
Gold Wonderlander

Intensity XS, IXS Recharge and colony glitch

Post by omarogi35 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:16 pm

I have such an annoying glitch in all three of these games in Windows XP, I keep getting glitches where the colors get messed up if I minimize these games, and sometimes when I click start game for Colony, it closes and says it has to close because of a problem, is Midnight aware of this glitch? Because it really has to be fixed!
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:24 pm

This is probably simply due to the age of these games. They were made over 12 years ago, I think, since they're at least older than any of the Wonderland games. I wouldn't be surprised if they were compatible with Windows 95 and the like. I think a temporary fix would be running them in Compatibility Mode, but unless and until MS goes back and updates them for modern computers (unlikely) they're just going to get more and more incompatible with modern computers, to the point where they're no longer playable. :(
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:00 am

Nah, Windows applications can run from generation to generation. It's probably something with your computer. I have ran MS's old games on Windows 7 64-bit and it works without problem. Since you mentioned something about colours being messed up, it can be something with your graphic card: either it's just incompatible with the games, either it's just slowly dying.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:48 pm

All mentioned games can run under Windows NT systems (NT - 10)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
bouldergramp
Bronze Wonderlander

Intensity XS and IXS ReCharge

Post by bouldergramp » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:19 am

My youngest grandsons are playing these games I bought for another grandson who is now a junior in college. I couldn't get them to run on the two Dell workstations running Windows 10 64-bit they use for their games in my home. I installed Windows 7 64-bit on second hard drives I had lying around and now the computers dual boot.

The games run fine on Windows 7 64-bit with no compatibility setting.

I moved all of their games to the Windows 7 drives..
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:51 pm

Did you try compatibility mode?

I'm not sure, but Intensity could be using DirectX 7...
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:15 am

I bought the full version of Frazzled and I can't run any exe. from it on my computer - I couldn't run the installer, and now I can't run the game .exe. (I used a flash drive to extract the files on a different computer.) Whenever I try to run it, it just never loads. This is especially strange, because I had no problems with the free demo. I received an error at one point in trying to load the files: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY. I'm looking into what to do, but if anyone happens to know the solution, I would appreciate it. Thanks. :)
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:18 am

Wonderland King wrote:I bought the full version of Frazzled and I can't run any exe. from it on my computer - I couldn't run the installer, and now I can't run the game .exe. (I used a flash drive to extract the files on a different computer.) Whenever I try to run it, it just never loads. This is especially strange, because I had no problems with the free demo. I received an error at one point in trying to load the files: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY. I'm looking into what to do, but if anyone happens to know the solution, I would appreciate it. Thanks. :)
Well, first, reinstall the game from the installer you received (I hope you bought it from MS). You could also try compatibility mode on the installer/booter. Then, I guess try on another computer and a different OS. I think it will be helpful to know what is your OS and what are the specs of your computer.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:19 am

I did buy it from MS, but as I said, I can't reinstall it because the installer executable file doesn't work either. Compatibility mode hasn't worked. My operating system is Windows 8.1, although the computer it worked on uses Windows 7 Professional.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:06 pm

If I remember correctly Intensity XS, Recharge, and Colony are not compatible with Windows 8 (and probably 10 too). I've tried to run them before and they just won't open. Windows 7 and below should work just fine though.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:39 pm

If you don't think the full version of Frazzled worked because of that, then why do you think the demo worked? Anyone have any ideas? :)