Roaring Twenties

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Roaring Twenties

Post by Technos72 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:12 pm

So as I said before in the New Avatar Thread, I am going to make it to 20 years old in two days. Yeah, the start of my twenties! I was going to hold off until tomorrow morning when it's my "Super Awesome Birthday Weekend", but I was eager to do it now. I was waiting badly ALL WEEK for this moment. However I have been avoiding my sister all week because she has a cold. I CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO ME. That's another reason why this week has been SO LONG. I'm trying to defend myself from getting infected as well. Hope I'm okay.

So for this "Super Awesome Birthday Weekend" I came up with, I am going to do three awesome things. On Saturday Afternoon I am going to a mall hangout with few of my friends to socialize with, play games, and shop. I have over $350 worth of cash and gift cards saved up from this month and Christmas. Never going to use my Christmas money until now! Oh yes. Biggest shopping event of my life! And I'm going to be there for five hours exploring, eating, gaming, and shopping.

Sunday is the big day. And here I'll make my whole new Backloggery account with the name "Lame Lime". I cannot use "FourSeasonGaner" because I'm going Lame Lime all the way. Can't name change or anything. But the thing is, I don't want to do it now. I want to make it on my birthday not just because of birthday hype but also make my backloggery anniversary the same day as my birthday. That means I get a sonic ring badge on my birthday (Because you get it when your account is one year older). I really want to update my backloggery more but saving all the work for my new account. Don't want to be repeating the whole thing twice. Getting eager to update it and all.

Finally, the afternoon of my birthday I'm staying with my grandparents for a few nights. Because I do that every once in a while to get away from family chaos and get treated 40% like a prince. Then more birthday toys will await me there. So don't expect me to be on from midway through sunday to tuesday.

aaa one day left, CAN'T WAIT! :evil: This is like Christmas
I'll share a list of what I got throughout the weekend later on.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Wishful Beliefage

Post by Jutomi » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:22 pm

I hope this all turns out absolutely wonderfully for you, Technos! :mrgreen:

And congratulations, on being nearly 20 years old in short. :o

I'll be keeping up with your updates and splendidity posts as often as I come onto the forums
- which is close to as frequent as one gets, on here. ;)
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:09 pm

OH WOW. Your 2nd digit will soon be changing to its 2nd form! The next time something like that will happen is before your 300th birthday, which I doubt is going come.

But all the same, I wish you a hoppy boithday!
garirry
Rainbow Star

Re: Roaring Twenties

Post by garirry » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:53 pm

Technos72 wrote:to get away from family chaos and get treated 40% like a prince.
Yay! I'm not the only one who thinks like that! :lol:

Of course, happy birthday! Still need to wait over 5 years for it to happen on my side. Again, I wish you have a great 20th birthday! :D
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:34 pm

CONGRATULATIONS TECHNOS! :D

The big 2-0 is always quite a special time for one isn't it? :wink:

Good Luck on the Birthday weekend! :D
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:54 pm

Have a great time with your b-day weekend! :D
It's also my Mom's Birthday tomorrow. So HAPPY B-DAY MOM!! :D
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Mamamyua

Post by Jutomi » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:21 am

Happy birthday to your mother too. :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:40 am

I just love gifs. Anyway, happy Birthday. Be careful about the great depression. (geddit?)
Don't come in contact with contaminants.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:44 am

Koopson44 wrote:Be careful about the great depression. (geddit?)
I don't geddit! :( (Unless you're talking about my Penus.)
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:30 am

garirry wrote:
The roaring twenties were a name for the 1920s. After that was the stock market crash, with the great deppression following soon after.
Don't come in contact with contaminants.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:52 am

Koopson44 wrote:
garirry wrote:
The roaring twenties were a name for the 1920s. After that was the stock market crash, with the great deppression following soon after.
Oh, I only knew the name in french, never knew it in english.
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:16 am

Happy birthday Technos!!
I live a Wonderland adventure every day!
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:13 pm

HAPPI BIRRTHDAY
no
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:28 am

Well I just came back from the mall downtown. Apparently only one person came to the hangout. And he had to go halfway through the event. Leaving myself in the mall. But that was a first for me. I was alone in this mall. And I feel so FREE. I shopped and danced around the mall for hours before my dad came. And this day appeared to be the best birthday event ever. It really felt like Christmas but I get what I want.

I went to:

- Walmart
- EB Games
- HMV
- Hot Topic
- Target

Now here are the stuff I bought, with stores where I bought them. BIRTHDAY PRESENTS I BOUGHT FOR MYSELF!

(Please excuse the fact that some of my stuff is a bit kiddie. What? I like using stuff like that)

Walmart

The Lego Movie: Super Secret Police Dropship - This is about the same size as Benny's Spaceship I got for Christmas. Has a big build of the drop ship, replicated from the movie as well, and eight minifigures. That's a lot. Also has a code to use in The Lego Movie Videogame to play as an exclusive cowboy figure. I could look up the code online but I want to play it fair. Benny's Spaceship had a code and I used it earlier.

Disney Infinity 2.0 Edition Toy Box Starter Pack (Wii U) - I have the first Disney Infinity but it was slightly crappy. A while ago I looked at gameplay of 2.0 and it was better. With skill trees to make better builds and stuff. Also you could make interiors. I wanted this for christmas but didn't get it. But now one month later I have it! I'll play it tomorrow.

Disney Infinity 2.0 Edition Power Disc Pack - Got a few of them to start me off. Like how I did with the first one.

Two shirts - A cool Minecraft Marvel super heroes shirt and a Lego Movie shirt. Because that movie is awesome. Everything is awesome.

EB Games

Disney Infinity 2.0 Donald Duck figure Continued expanding my starting experience with Disney Infinity 2.0 here. I got Donald Duck because hey, he was a pretty funny guy in the childhood of disney

Disney Infinity 2.0 originals strategy guide The last thing for the set of Disney Infinity-ness. Because I like looking at a guide book while playing a game.

HMV

Shrek on DVD I used to have this on VHS as a kid, but got rid of all of the video tapes because DVD players. But that was the time of my life where I didn't understand what was going on in movies. So I bought this movie and going to watch it correctly. Also I want to go full brogre and watch this multiple times.

Dr Pepper flavored twizzlers I saw this at 7 Eleven a while ago and wanted to try them. And I bought them. Going to eat some tonight. Can't wait.

Hot Topic
This might be my last time shopping there. I'm not seeing most of my favorite brands anymore and space is so cramped in this store. To hard to negotiate looking for stuff.

Two more shirts - An SMB "But our princess is in another castle" shirt with this scene printed on it. And a big image of the link sprite from NES Legend of Zelda.

Minecraft Creeper wallet - I found this online a while ago and wanted it. But was surprised to find it here in Hot Topic for under the online price. So I bought it and will start holding my money with it. But it's a bit small. Sometimes I'll have to use my old wallet alongside this.

Target
I'm in Canada and Target will be closing and leaving canada soon because they were doing bad here in Canada. So for the last half hour of the walkabout in the mall, I thought I could come back here to admire the design of the mall, because I like it, and see if there's anything good left to get before I leave.

Skylanders Swap Force Quickdraw Rattle Shake figure - Yeah I play skylanders. But I was not playing recently. I remember in 2013 I was in a frenzy getting many of these ever since I started playing it. But not anymore. I stopped playing it because their marketing is screwed up and the canadian dollar going down causes inflation for them. When you get some of these, you'll always find the same freaking characters but rarely see different ones. It's totally how Amiibos work on the shelves. But this other skylander I bought will be my LAST one ever. Why did I choose to buy this? Well it was one of MANY limited edition figures but I was surprised to see them on the shelves. I bought it because it glows and the dark and thought it was cool to look at besides using it in the game.

So there was my whole shopping trip and everything I got. But it doesn't end here. This is just half the fun. Tomorrow I'll be heading over to my grandparents for a few nights and have more birthday fun! Before I leave I will get out my new Backloggery account and after I'll be out. I'll be back sometime on Monday or Tuesday.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:44 am

Technos72 wrote:I'm in Canada and Target will be closing and leaving canada soon because they were doing bad here in Canada.
I KNOW, RIGHT!? Pathetic organization, huge useless area, every price is random, etc. Yeah, sorry for shouting this. :roll:

Anyways, today is your birthday (according to your posts and Skype) so I wish you a great birthday and I hope you have a great time with your gifts and I hope you have a great 20th year of your life! :D
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:37 am

Well this WAS my 20th year. I'm now heading for my 21st.

When I was born, that was the first year. Then as I was one year old I headed for my second.

Other than that, thanks for that post 8)
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:24 pm

So I got back last afternoon to wrap up my birthday event. I was going to come back Tuesday but I thought Wednesday would be nice. Had some tough times at home last week. There I had birthday cards and different cakes. They were great! I got $20 in cash and a $25 EB Games/Gamestop gift card. I also got a painting from my grandpa because he likes to paint pictures. It's up here in my bedroom. Nice painting.

However my birthday gift showering doesn't stop here. My grandparents let me drive me to a wide secondhand store on the edge of town. I wanted to look for a wii guitar because I got LEGO Rock Band like I said last Christmas. I thought I saw one last time I was there a few months ago. Didn't find any wii guitar. But I found something cool as well. A DDR xbox 360 dancepad. I already have one of these but I would like to get another one, set it up, and play with two dancepads at once. You can actually do that in many DDR games. Dance around two dancepads. So I got it and now I have two home with me.

I also thought seeing if I could find some old nintendo consoles would be nice. Like an NES or N64 and some games. But I haven't seen any. I know my brother surprisingly got a whole NES console, about eight games, the zapper, and two controllers, but no cables. So the day I got home, I saw his collection and using my birthday money I ordered appropriate cables for the NES online. AV cables and AC adapter. I was able to get those online just themselves. Now in about a 1-2 weeks I'll get the cables and really play NES games like old times. Because emulation does not 100% replicate a game and has a few bugs. I prefer the pure experience on an actual console.

And just today my dad said there was a good secondhand store nearby. That's good because I had a local Goodwill that shut down a few months ago. This store had lots of electronics and cooler stuff than Goodwill. I think I'll stop by here every once in a while to see if something comes up for old games and stuff. And then I found the wii guitar I wanted. Still had some money on me. So I bought it hoping it would work and it did! Played with it for an hour. Now I have two dancepads and a wii guitar. Good for me.

You know, I think I should consider myself lucky this week. Which is great because it feels like my birthday joy is still going!

I have gotten more epic things after the mall. I'll bring up a whole list of what I got over the week later once I spend my EB Games gift card eventually.