Games Done Quick

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Games Done Quick

Post by cloudrac3r » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:49 am

Game Done Quick is a speedrunning marathon spanning several days that runs twice every year; the next one is in early July. (2016 for readers from the future.)
Each time money is raised for charity and in the last one well over 1 million dollars were collected. All for charity!
The ones which occur in June/July (USA summer) are called Summer Games Done Quick - SGDQ. The ones in the other part of the year are Awesome Games Done Quick - AGDQ.
The entire thing will be livestreamed continuously on http://twitch.tv/gamesdonequick
Individual runs from previous years and on YouTube. Search "games done quick" or "twitch community archives" to find them.
More information can be found on their website: http://gamesdonequick.com/

Who else will watch it/go there? I will be streaming it to my TV using a Raspberry Pi. They're pretty neat devices (unfortunately can't play Wonderland on them).
If you're particularly impressed by a certain run, you could let us know in here so we can watch it for ourselves.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:48 pm

I'm pretty excited for it, yeah. I'm a bit disappointed they didn't let Ukogmonkey feature Guitar Hero for a showcase, considering how well-received Staiain's Stepmania showcase was a while back. But that could be just me, I'm a rhythm game nerd, after all.
she/her | Sayori#2285
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:44 pm

I'll be watching this, as I did in the last year or so. I'll be mainly looking forward to the Mega Man games. I'm a bit sad that I'll miss Mario Kart Double Dash though (though I'll probably watch it later on Youtube).
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:08 am

~xpr'd~ wrote:...considering how well-received Staiain's Stepmania showcase was a while back. But that could be just me, I'm a rhythm game nerd, after all.
Actually watching (the YouTube upload) of that run a week or so ago made me go and download StepMania for myself. Having not played any rhythm games before I am so far loving it! It definitely takes practice and I am not very good at it so far.
I actually plan to build some kind of arcade machine running StepMania. Who knows if it'll actually happen though.
garirry wrote:...that I'll miss Mario Kart Double Dash...
They're playing MKDD?! Heck yeah! That's actually my favourite game of all time!