Game Collection Topic

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Game Collection Topic

Post by RoberTime » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:12 pm

I've developed a vibe early this weekend consisting of collecting as many games of a system as I can. I chose to go for the Nintendo Wii for a few reasons, including still finding them at my Gamestop at good prices, as well as the cute and innovative style the Wii has. I mean I could go for older systems like NES, but they're doggone expensive. I remember my brother having an NES but I never got around to play it much...

I've taken the liberty this weekend of making a vast checklist of all, if not almost all wii games ever released in my region. There are 1200+ of them and again, I aim to get as many as I can, not straight-up focus on getting every one of them. The list is well organized, with approximate game rarity and reception. It's more than a quarter finished and if anybody would like it, I'll upload a public spreadsheet (Requires spreadsheet software like Excel)

Another thing, a voice in my head is saying "It's dangerous to go alone... take this"

Aside from Wii games, I also collect skylanders, amiibo, and Game Boy games I keep in bound card sleeves. Anyone else? Want to list your games? Are you a collector like me?
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:16 am

About 18 months ago, I decided I wanted a dedicated handheld gaming device, since my old-even-back-then iPod touch 4 was definitely not suited to the purpose, what with a short battery life, requiring a USB socket to recharge, not being able to install iOS 7+ apps (basically anything!!), and not possible to use in bright sunlight.
I thought - I can read my LCD watch in bright sunlight, so why can't I see my iPod? I decided it was because of either a colour display or a backlight.
So I researched into the Game Boy. I found it had an LCD screen and could be used in bright light (check!) had a battery life of over 20 hours, with some sites saying 35+ (check!) and it had many, many great games, such as Super Mario Land 2, Kirby's Dream Land, and of course, Pokemon Red/Blue/Gold/Silver.
I went and bought a Game Boy Pocket, and 2 games, but I was disappointed with the price of buying new games - especially games like Pokemon.
So I bought a flash cartridge (GB USB 64M Smart Card) and now I can download games for free! The games I've played are being added to my Backloggery. http://backloggery.com/cloudrac3r
That's my story. :D