The non-Wonderland MS games

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Airie
Gold Wonderlander

The non-Wonderland MS games

Post by Airie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:25 pm

I think this should be in "Off Topic" but correct me if I 'm wrong.

Ok so my birthday is coming up soon and considering I'm not 18 yet i don't currently have a job, I get most of my money from birthdays and Christmas. so I want to get RTW and I noticed there's a cd that has it and other MS games. it's a little bit more costly and takes a while to arrive so I want to know if they are worth it and what you all think of them.

I hope I'm not posting too much!

-Airie :D
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:19 pm

I own this and I'd say it's worth it, but there's a couple of things to keep in mind.

The CD includes the games Intensity XS and IXS ReCharge, however, these games don't work. Although I use a strange setup to play the Midnight Synergy games (Linux+Wine), which is a little bit buggy, all the other games on the CD run fine. I've also heard from other people that IXS and ReCharge don't work on their modern Windows PCs, so don't expect to be able to play those games.

Frazzled is fairly fun. Colony is okay. The classic Wonderland games are everything I wanted from them and more.

The CD also includes some bonus material like old game screenshots and concept art. It's fun to look through it.

Finally, having a physical copy of the game is incredibly nice. If you downloaded a digital copy, and lost its installer EXE, you wouldn't be able to put Wonderland on any other computers. With the CD, you know that you can always play Wonderland, whatever happens! *

I'm glad I own the CD rather than just a digital download of the classic Wonderland games.
Airie wrote:I hope I'm not posting too much!
There is no such thing as posting too much! :D

* Until the sun expands and consumes the earth and we all die a firey death.
But that hopefully won't happen any time soon.
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:41 am

I remember playing all these older MS games long ago.

Colony is structured like a board game, it's a pretty hard game, but its concept is interesting.

Intensity XS and ReCharge are kind of difficult too, as they are shoot-em-ups with quite the diversity of enemy ships, as well as different weapon systems.

Frazzled is a 3D Klax clone (I actually played the original Klax before discovering this) and it's very difficult. Getting to the end of the game requires quite some experience in bulk. I know so because I have bought this game years ago and only got to Level 30 out of 100.

Anyhoo, I am considering getting the Games Collection CD myself as well down the road.
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:07 am

Having the games on a physical copy does sound nice in case one day I lose the games.
I'm pretty sure my laptop will play the intensity games just fine. it's not that modern

All the other games sound great! I think I might just order it on my birthday but ill have to see how it plays out :D