WA3E Bug Topic

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:14 pm

kidkidaaa1 wrote:This is one of the bugs that I would rather not see fixed, since it can make really nice decoration in lively areas. I mean, turtles playing in water, isn't that cute? :mrgreen:
With recent discoveries on TrueMovement this would be possible even after fixing :lol:
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Yadis Beles
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Yadis Beles » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:42 pm

Excuse me, I can't load neither the editor nor the player.
The editor says " Couldn't Load Texture:data\Leveltextures\leveltest abstract . bmp"
The player says "Couldn't Load Texture: Load .jpg"

What should I do now? Thanks. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:29 pm

Are you trying to run the Editor or Player files from inside a zip? If so, then you need to unzip everything first.
If you've already done this, then you may either have a corrupted download and will need to redownload the zip and extract again, or you may just need to run as admin (but I doubt it).
This is all I can think of. Hope it helps. :)
Yadis Beles
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Yadis Beles » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:42 am

Thanks for your advice, but it doesn't work.
I did unzipped, and tried everything you suggest, still the same error.

:cry:
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Does your editor folder look something like this? If you're missing the Data and UserData folders and the mpbe.wdf file, then that's what's causing the problem.
Also, what version of Windows are you running?

Yadis Beles
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Yadis Beles » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:27 pm

My system is windows 10.
It doesn't seem like I'm missing folders.
Thanks for your reply.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rainbowworm
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by rainbowworm » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Yadis Beles wrote:My system is windows 10.
Thanks for your reply.
Maybe it doesn't want to load because of these chinese/japanese letters or whatever they are?
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:17 pm

rainbowworm wrote:
Yadis Beles wrote:My system is windows 10.
Thanks for your reply.
Maybe it doesn't want to load because of these chinese/japanese letters or whatever they are?
The system language can't affect the game, because it's system-level and keeps identical functionality. Those chinese characters are file descriptions, not the filename itself.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:10 am

Just finished a 64-interchange dialog, making it so that once it's activated, you start at interchange 0 and go through all 64, each interchange leading to the next with function 2, and each interchange having a command 41 with unique coordinates. After I saved it, I got an AIOOB - fair enough, I suppose it was a large file, after all. However, whenever I try to access the dialog (whether in the player or the editor), I still get an AIOOB. Does anyone know how I can fix the file, and how the memory limit works on dialogs so I can avoid this in the future?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:40 pm

If you've saved your dialog file 101 or 102 times, then it's unable to be opened again due to a glitch in the editor that increases some random number in the file every time you save it. Once that number hits around 102, then the file is pretty much done for. I think if you try lowering the number byte the dialog file will be able to be opened again, but the text will be all over the place. So I think you may have to start over again, unless someone else has an idea. I could be wrong about some of these details too, since it's been a while since I've last heard of anything about this bug.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:03 pm

Well... that makes sense, thanks. With that much data to input, I guess it's not too far fetched that I would've saved the file over 100 times. Any idea how I can lower this number with a hex editor? :)

EDIT: Made a different dialog as a test, the bug does still apply. The dialog shuts down with an AIOOB after around that many saves.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:11 pm

So once more wg.exe was not using my GPU, the same laptop (GPU: nVidia GT 555M) but this time with Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Avira Free Antivirus and GPU drivers with DirectX 12.

I managed to fix it and it was neither WA3E's nor AV's fault. When I updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 my integrated GPU, Intel HD Graphics 3000, wasn't listed as Windows 10 'unsupported' on Intel website. The issue was caused by WDDM version conflict between integrated and nVidia GPUs, because the Intel driver didn't support the new one, required by DirectX 12 nVidia driver. The solution was to use a Catalyst UnifL driver provided by leshcatlabs.net. Intel has officially dropped support for SandyBridge integrated GPUs on Windows 10, so if you're using one make sure to install the Catalyst UnifL driver from http://leshcatlabs.net/downloads_unfil/. BTW it may boost your integrated GPU performance :wink:

So now, via nVidia Control Panel, I can force WA to run with 16x Anisotropic Filtering and 32x AntiAliasing at stable 60 FPS :D
by Giuseppe Verdi
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:53 pm

Anyone think they can help solve this issue? I put the first two .wdf and .wd3 files in Data> Models> Stinker and the wop in Data> Editor> ObjectPresets> Special (a custom folder, it works fine).
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:26 pm

It seems I forgot to write about the 62x62 bug here, I mentioned it few times in the Custom Content forum but not here.

Top tile faces (the bug doesn't apply to the sides) of the leveltex (the bug doesn't apply to the backgroundtex) aren't UV-mapped as it would seem logical. The 1px wide frame of the tile is not fully visible, so only the 62x62 central area of the tile is rendered completely and the edge pixels are almost invisible. This means in a leveltex one should place 62x62 resized version of a tile in the center of original 64x64 tile to make sure it is rendered as intended (this is absolutely crucial if the tiling is meant to be seamless). I recommend pasting it as a new layer to keep the original 64x64 tile for later modifications.
by Giuseppe Verdi
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Bump?

Not sure if this was already in here, but sometimes when I click on a wlv or dia file in the editor, it sends me to another random one for no reason- for example, I'll click on wlv 4, and it sends me to wlv 15. :?
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:24 pm

PhoenixBlaze wrote:Bump?

Not sure if this was already in here, but sometimes when I click on a wlv or dia file in the editor, it sends me to another random one for no reason- for example, I'll click on wlv 4, and it sends me to wlv 15. :?
It is happening to me too, I do not know why....
It's very annoying :x
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:21 pm

That happens if you move your mouse very fast on another dialog/level before the dialog/3d editor shows up, for example if you click on level 03 and move your mouse very fast on level 15, it will load level 15 instead of 3.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:42 am

ALEXALEX976 wrote:That happens if you move your mouse very fast on another dialog/level before the dialog/3d editor shows up, for example if you click on level 03 and move your mouse very fast on level 15, it will load level 15 instead of 3.
False. This happens to me at completely random times, even if I move my mouse at the slowest rate possible, and wait for the longest periods of time, and will do this at least 4 times in succession before it goes back to normal.
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Guys, The Editor isn't working on Win10 Creators for me. I've tried everything.
OH GOD. :mrgreen:
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Re: WA3E Bug Topic

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Was the player selection glitch ever resolved? I've been trying to get back to my old profile but every time I click on my profile name it takes me to the stinker creator screen. :(
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Re: WA3E Bug Topic

Post by FinnThor » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:41 pm
Was the player selection glitch ever resolved? I've been trying to get back to my old profile but every time I click on my profile name it takes me to the stinker creator screen. :(
It was never resolved. The only workaround I found is to make a new profile.
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Re:

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:09 pm

Jutomi wrote:
Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:26 pm
Zapbots with moobot logic don't seem to burn. :cry:
Won't a Zap-Bot with Moo-Bot logic also not zap you?
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Re:

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:12 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Sun May 04, 2014 3:43 pm
DP cooldudepoke's MultiMagic randomly started MAVing both the editor and player for me whenever it exists in a wlv or I go to it in the Object Selector.

I'll try re-downloading it first. :?

Also, entering a wlv and getting sprung right away causes any buttons you spawn on to not be pressed.

And, if two+ stinkers are killed by a Zap-Bot, it still says 'Stinker Eliminated.' No matter what. :P

EDIT: Nope, the wops are still refusing to work for me. Now I can't play any of my MM adventures.
The Zap-Bots will also say "Stinker eliminated" if they're not the ones to kill you. This is most apparent in the "Frostbite" levels.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Re:

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:20 am

TwingleTheScraggler wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:09 pm
Jutomi wrote:
Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:26 pm
Zapbots with moobot logic don't seem to burn. :cry:
Won't a Zap-Bot with Moo-Bot logic also not zap you?
Why not test it for yourself? I would assume they won't zap but who knows, object logic is weird.
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:12 pm
Wonderman109 wrote:
DP cooldudepoke's MultiMagic randomly started MAVing both the editor and player for me whenever it exists in a wlv or I go to it in the Object Selector.

Also, entering a wlv and getting sprung right away causes any buttons you spawn on to not be pressed.

And, if two+ stinkers are killed by a Zap-Bot, it still says 'Stinker Eliminated.' No matter what. :P

EDIT: Nope, the wops are still refusing to work for me. Now I can't play any of my MM adventures.
The Zap-Bots will also say "Stinker eliminated" if they're not the ones to kill you. This is most apparent in the "Frostbite" levels.
Yeah, I realize that. It struck me as funny at the time but you get used to it eventually. Zapbots seem to see you across the whole level.
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:22 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:20 am
Wonderman109 wrote:

Yeah, I realize that. It struck me as funny at the time but you get used to it eventually. Zapbots seem to see you across the whole level.
If they really could see you across the whole level, then they could zap you from any distance. But, who knows? Maybe these Zap-Bots can.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:43 am

Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:22 pm
Wonderman109 wrote:

If they really could see you across the whole level, then they could zap you from any distance. But, who knows? Maybe these Zap-Bots can.
I believe the default max range is 10, but I'm sure that limit can be removed with some tweaks. Not that I would find this fun or enjoying as zapbots are instant kill no warning from such a distance. UFOs at least are dodgeable in their fireballs.
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:57 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:43 am
Wonderman109 wrote:

I believe the default max range is 10, but I'm sure that limit can be removed with some tweaks. Not that I would find this fun or enjoying as zapbots are instant kill no warning from such a distance. UFOs at least are dodgeable in their fireballs.
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:03 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:

Is there a max distance they can zap you from if you try to walk past them? I can see the beam moving, which means it isn't instantaneous.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:52 pm

Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:03 pm
Wonderman109 wrote:

Is there a max distance they can zap you from if you try to walk past them? I can see the beam moving, which means it isn't instantaneous.
With enough modding there should be no limit but it's still a very fast beam so you can't outrun it in any way, reasonably speaking.