Alpha-Flash + Omega-Floing | Dual-Hub Project

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Alpha-Flash + Omega-Floing | Dual-Hub Project

Post by RoberTime » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Did any of you ever remember past-me mentioning a project like this? I've decided to make another topic about it so that I can manipulate the first post and topic title if anything happens.

Anyway, these are the only two hub projects of their kind ever. They are based on the feature of my two favorite Legend of Zelda games Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, where after beating one of these games, you can continue via a linked game on the other. That's just what I'm going to do here because I love every concept of these games so much.

Once these two hub projects are finished, you can get both hubs for the whole story. You choose to start the quest in one or the other. After completing the hub, you will be given a color button code. At the start of each hub, you have the opportunity to enter a color button lock. Use the code from the hub you've first cleared to continue through the linked hub. You can also get other color codes from the linked hub to use on locks in your first hub.

Anyway, the main descriptions on both games:

ALPHA-FLASH QUEST
You travel to a remote region of the Wonderplanet named Rubehaven where you meet the elderly mother of Morklin Pearlue who claims she is a teacher, not student, of rainbow magic. However, she harnesses a unique kind of magic known as Sapphire magic - a primed Indigo magic - that can transport one's self to the future and back. When conflict occurs in Rubehaven, which sends the far future into chaos, you must use the power of Sapphire Magic, Alpha-Flash, to travel through time and re-harmonize the future of Rubehaven!

OMEGA-FLOING QUEST
You may also want to be transported to the world of Livensdale. There you will be greeted by the old man of a stinker Rufuson, the father of Guggenheimer. The rainbow magic teacher who attains mastery of the Ruby magic Omega-Floing. It doesn't change the entire flow of time, it alters it so that only the natural world does. In layman's terms, it manipulates the four seasons. However, a strong, dark force takes hold of Rufuson and makes all his magic uncontrollable. Now you must use Omega-Floing to tame the rapidly-changing seasons and restore peace to Livensdale!

I have not began construction on the maps, nor have I even touched the editor for a while. Which is good because right now I'm at the brainstorming phase of story features. I also could try working on custom assets such as textures and music.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

YAY- Hold On...?

Post by FinnThor » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:28 am

Wouldn't this go in the Custom Adventures & Hubs- forget it, MOVING ON.

Now, THIS seems like an amazing idea right here. It'd be double the work, but it would STILL be amazing.

*record stops*

Wait, Wait, WAIT!

Alpha Flash & Omega Floing? Ruby Magic? Sapphire Magic? Are you putting up a reference to Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire? Admit it, you ARE. (I'm not accusing you, I'm just messing around.) But seriously, there's no way you're not throwing a reference at us, which would be ORAS.

FORGET IT, I'M MOVING ON AGAIN. (Sorry for excess caps.)

Either way, I'm still loving the idea of this dual-hub. The only other thing I need to say now is, If you need any help (at all), you can just ask me! (Provided I actually get the time.) :P

NO RUDENESS WAS INTENDED DURING THIS POST.
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:56 pm

Hehe, you weren't the only one who found that obvious reference. Garirry pointed that out first long ago. Prepare your behind for all kinds of other references in my works :wink:

Anyway, today during my free time, I've taken the liberty of designing maps of the two worlds so that I get a general idea of the setting I'll be working on, and also coming up with all new items that allow access across them. Here are some items I've came up with:

- Automaton Pickaxe: A metal pick that can break rock blocks by itself when used, but will take a while to break them. Do something while waiting!
- Infinity Token: A special game token with unlimited use that can be used to open "Arcade locks". Beat the game to open the way beyond!
- Aura Bubble: Used to access underwater areas
- Spell Spring: Use on Spring panels to be sprung to secret areas.

There is one other type of item you'll find in these games. These items will be persistent between hubs, so that you can continue using them in the other game. They are "Magic Fuses" that can activate "Magic Cannons" which shoot magic. There will be three colors to choose from, and you can pick only one to use on both games. It's kind of complicated if you haven't played the Zelda Oracle games. I'll talk about it later.

Alright, I think I should try going further and writing the story as well as other games notes to look over. I want this project to be more story-rich than my other ones.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Wow. Woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww. This sounds... Interesting. I haven't played either of the Zelda games you mentioned - though I have heard about that concept - but you have grabbed my attention with the Pokemon Alpha-Saphire / Omega-Ruby reference and now I am REALLY curious about how this will be. I guess I now have something else I will be keeping my True Eye (referencing Jirachi 'cause I can't resist) on in the forums.