Music pack advice needed: volume troubles

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Music pack advice needed: volume troubles

Post by Pawelec » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:56 am

So as some of you may have realised, I am planning to come back to WA3E this summer to release all the stuff I kept on my hard drive. Part of it are two music packs: the typically soundtrack-ish one and the very special second one which was intended for my secret hub (which I never managed to realise) I never mentioned to anyone, with the plot inspired by the most famous operatic works of the 18th century (most notably 'Die Zauberflöte' by Mozart). As you may have guessed, such an operatic hub would require a lot of Classical era music and here technical problems start: Classical music uses much broader variety of dynamics than moder soundtracks, so most of the time it is much more calm and quiet than the rest of the music. I've tried applying various compressors but they simply don't do the job (not to mention they damage the structure of the pieces). As I am toying with the idea of reviving that hub I see two possible solutions:
- inform the user they should keep the music volume setting higher while playing the hub,
- force higher volume with CMD 12 to keep the volume close to the original soundtrack.
Which one would you opt for?

That would make the first operatic WA hub ever :lol:
More details will be coming late June.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:44 am

Personally, I would mess around with CMD 12 a bit, but if that doesn't sound good, then inform the player to turn up their volume.
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!