New Adventure(s) - Cookie Crumbs (9)

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

New Adventure(s) - Cookie Crumbs (9)

Post by |Cookie| » Wed May 08, 2024 4:20 am

A good bulk of this set was completed ages ago, don't ask why it took over a year and a half to release. This specific one will benefit from having played previous crumbs for reasons that would become apparent after playing. :P

Next one's the finale.

Thanks to Sammy_P for testing!

Requires my music pack (Version 5) to play! Also make sure to use the editor version 10.7.0 or higher!

Click here to download, and enjoy!
Last edited by |Cookie| on Fri May 10, 2024 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: New Adventure(s) - Cookie Crumbs (9)

Post by Sammy_P » Wed May 08, 2024 4:50 am

Biased review since I helped test; trying hard not to spoil any specific parts:

This is a pretty transcendent set of levels to revive the Crumbs series with— a lot of envelope-pushing is going on here in terms of what the game engine can do in a design perspective, all the while utilizing some of the recent editor features. The whole effort here is pretty mindblowing but some segments on this are just peak postmodernism in the form of Wonderland. This type of 'post-'level design is exemplified here, eschewing traditional puzzles instead with the experience of it all; I think the second level does it the best with how vibrant the environments are on it.

I'm really excited as to how this series ends, given how the deconstruction of the Crumbs series as a whole has really started to kick in here. It'll be worth the wait— this set certainly was.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:18 pm

Big nice levels

Give crumb 10 pls
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [36%, In Progress]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Fri May 10, 2024 5:24 pm

@Sammy_P: It makes me really happy to read these thoughts, and excited to finish this series. :mrgreen:
ab-47 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:18 pm
Big nice levels
I have updated the level in accordance to the feedback you have given in this post. If you have an old version of the set and haven't played yet, then please update it.
ab-47 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:18 pm
Give crumb 10 pls
Maybe.
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Sat May 11, 2024 7:15 am

Whoa, I couldn't believe the part where Cookie's self-insert NPC character got down on one knee and proposed to Ashley! :shock: I wonder what the symbolism there is supposed to represent? :?: :P :twisted: :mrgreen:

In all seriousness, this trilogy was simply incredible and really shows how WA at this point is not just a game but a game engine! Gameplay-wise, the first adventure had a very clever idea at its *ahem* 3x3 core, and while I imagine it was tricky to make, it was really enjoyable and left me wanting more. :P The second adventure, while probably the most traditional with respect to its gameplay, still had a very ingenious puzzle that is much trickier than it looks at first glance but was extremely satisfying to unravel. And the third adventure - well even if it was easy, it still absolutely blew my mind and really got me thinking how it could be expanded on. Most importantly though, I cannot believe your absolutely impressive ability to continue to come up with such innovative visuals that manage to outdo each other every adventure - this set genuinely feels like the most cinematic WA has ever been! And finally - I am intrigued by the plot morsels that were dropped here - the first 2 adventures perhaps finally gave us some hints to what has been going on here in all of these adventures - but then the 3rd adventure took it all in a completely unexpected direction and I am very intrigued to find out how it will ultimately fit into the entire decalogy's narrative.

I absolutely cannot wait for the final set! :D
Insert stupid jokes here.