Download Test - A Sample Adventure

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Download Test - A Sample Adventure

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:17 pm

This forum subsection contains custom adventures and Hubs for the Wonderland Adventures v3.00 Editor and Custom Player.

I've attached is a tiny sample adventure to allow you to test downloading wa3 levels into your v3.00 Custom Player.

Downloading:

To play this or any other custom adventure, download the wa3 into your "UserData\Custom\Downloads Inbox" directory. Now start the Player.exe. The Player automatically grabs any files in the Inbox directory and extracts the files to the proper directories. The Download Test adventure should now appear in your adventure list.

Uploading:

To share your own custom adventures, "Compile" them in the editor. Your wa3 file will now be found in your "UserData\Custom\Downloads Outbox" directory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nhelene
Silver Wonderlander

Post by nhelene » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:47 am

Hello,

I don't know if I'm at the right place, sorry in advance.

After playing POTZ with a lot of pleasure and fun, I downloaded the Editor v3.00 and unzipped it in a new directory apart from POTZ. Was it the right thing to do ?

I did put the sample adventure in the indicated place.

Anyway when I launch "player.exe" from this directory I get a "MAV" and can't do anything but escaping.

Maybe it's because I still have windows XP SP3, or I didn't do right ? Is there anything else to do ?

Thanks in advance for your lights.
Hélène
Martinique FWI
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:29 am

Yes, the editor directory is separate from POTZ. The sample adventure isn't needed for the editor or player to work, so don't worry about that for now. About the program error, I'm not sure why it happened. What other files do you have? You might be missing something you need.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:05 am

If you don't mind, you could tell us which directory you put the waeditor300 file in.
I personally put it under My Documents. You could try that.
Also, you could open wg.exe directly if player.exe refuses to cooperate.
Good luck :)
nhelene
Silver Wonderlander

Post by nhelene » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks for your quick answers.

I put the editor under a new directory which I called "WAeditor300" on my E: partition disk where all my games are situated.

But I think I don't have all the things I need, because when I launch "wg.exe" the answer is "couldn't load texture". I just thought that all the needed stuff came with the editor.

I try to fix that by downloading textures and so...

Thanks again
Hélène
Martinique FWI
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:53 pm

What texture is it not loading? The player and editor should both work without having to download anything when running them after extracting everything from the zip file into one folder. :?
nhelene
Silver Wonderlander

Post by nhelene » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:53 am

Thank you that's what I thought too.

The texture which cannot be loaded is : data\graphics\cursors.bmp

Do you think I should erase the folder and recreate it ?
Hélène
Martinique FWI
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:57 am

Sounds to me like it didn't get extracted or was corrupted while being extracted.

My suggestion would be to extract everything again to a different folder to make sure you have a clean install. Just make sure you back up the adventures and save files you have if you want to keep them if you delete the old installation folder.
If the issue persists I'm not sure what to tell you other than asking Patrick about it.

I hope this helps! :)
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:21 pm

nhelene wrote:Thank you that's what I thought too.

The texture which cannot be loaded is : data\graphics\cursors.bmp

Do you think I should erase the folder and recreate it ?
First check if you have the dystpst.wdf file in the said location.
If not, here's the required file. It's zipped, because the attachments settings don't allow me to post .wdf files. So extract this, and paste the .wdf in Data\Graphics

If all else fails, re-extract the waeditor300.zip to another location. If you want, you could download the waeditor300.zip file again.

Looking forward to you coming on board! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nhelene
Silver Wonderlander

Post by nhelene » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:15 pm

Ok many thanks to you all for your bright advices.

I probably had a bug when extracting the first time, I just had nothing in the folders but mouse.bmp.

I did it again and now its works perfectly.

I am just "player" for the time being, I'm just unable to create anything by myself.....

Maybe one day I'll try who knows.

Again, thank you all :D
Hélène
Martinique FWI