Adventure #37: lol how do i edit

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Adventure #37: lol how do i edit

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:01 pm

This is a WA3E conversion of one of my ancient adventures.

Original post:
MyNameIsKooky (October 3, 2011) wrote:When I was first making this adventure, I was trying to make it as awful as possible, but in the end it actually turned out to be a decent level. It also got quite scary towards the end, too.
Thanks to a bugfix in WA3, a massive loophole has been fixed in this version. :twisted:

EDIT: Uploaded a new version that fixes the accessory error that people were getting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MyNameIsKooky on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:23 am

Are there glasses in it? I can't play it because an accessory won't load. :cry:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:33 am

Same. :P
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:29 am

Oops. Will upload fixed version tomorrow.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:39 pm

The fixed version has been uploaded. I think I uploaded the correct file, but tell me if I didn't.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:59 pm

@h@! TH3 PR3D3C3550R 0F THE END! :D
Whew! This was a highly unpredictable adventure, and that's where the fun was. I did have to refer to the video solution at one point though--the adventure was just too random. :lol:
How did you change the charger from Null to Blink? IIRC Command 4 hadn't been discovered at that time. :o
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Originally the charger was Blink to begin with. Instead, the player didn't have magic gloves until he/she retrieved them and a GlowGem at the northeast corner of the level. Since you start with Magic Gloves in WA3E no matter what, I had to change a few things to keep the level similar to the original. Thus, I did use CMD 4 in the remake. :)

And yeah, I suppose this adventure is sort of the great grandfather of The End. :lol:
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:45 am

You should have changed the "Oops I forgot to give you magic gloves" dialog to say that the wrong colour charger was put instead.

And was the double-talking thing in the backtracking area intended to be left, because I thought it was a glitch and it's annoying.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:48 am

Wonderman109 wrote:And was the double-talking thing in the backtracking area intended to be left, because I thought it was a glitch and it's annoying.
It's intended.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:48 am

Wonderman109 wrote:And was the double-talking thing in the backtracking area intended to be left, because I thought it was a glitch and it's annoying.
The point of this adventure (well, part of the point) is that it's made by someone who's new to the editor, and is thus somewhat annoying to play. Thus, they made a CMD21 repeatable.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:04 am

Nobody wrote:
The point of this adventure (well, part of the point) is that it's made by someone who's new to the editor, and is thus somewhat annoying to play. Thus, they made a CMD21 repeatable.
The other point is just to be funny. :P
I was like what is this I don't even at the LOL DIALOGUE SLOWING YOU DOWN part, too.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:39 am

I actually thought about adding a spam-edition level to my hub in the late game, but after seeing this, it looks like a somewhat tedious and unoriginal idea... :?
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Nobody wrote:
It seems like a 'newb' made the adventure, but in reality, it takes much longer to piece together and adventure like this when you consider the complexity of the dialogs, the extra adjustments on the objects, the wavy water background, the command positioning, and the teleporter placement.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:23 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
It seems like a 'newb' made the adventure, but in reality, it takes much longer to piece together and adventure like this when you consider the complexity of the dialogs, the extra adjustments on the objects, the wavy water background, the command positioning, and the teleporter placement.
That's correct. The adventure looks quite shoddy on the outside, but it took a lot of planning to get the adventure to flow the way I wanted it to.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:47 pm

I always thought the title meant "LOOK HOW ABSURDLY AWESOME AND AWESOMELY ABSURD THIS IS!" than "I'M REALLY BAD AT EDITING!" anyways.