In development: Wonderland Adventures: Legend of the Stinker

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Well, I managed to set up the Magic Mirror, I originally wanted to use the 5 glyphs for the five locations, but since the Home Glyph is received after you've completed the game, and since there is no way to go to the temple after getting it, the Home Glyph has the same coordinates as the Fire Glyph. So, I ended up deciding that only 4 glyphs will be used.

Going to build more adventures today, also, here is the picture of all the items I drew. :wink:

EDIT: Page 2, yay! 400th post, yay!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tooncool64
Rainbow Keeper

Post by tooncool64 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:17 pm

Yay! I'm a Co-Dev! Wish me Luck!
Currently playing WSW.

"Please wait, we are loading the game."
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Well, I didn't feel like doing another stage for the same level, so I did a boss stage for the first area, which I'm going to develop soon. Here is the boss adventure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:59 am

Any comments about the boss fight? :( Anything? By the way, I just finished the fifth stage. Going pretty well so far :)
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

The Spam-Right-Click Technique

Post by Jutomi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:19 am

This was a nice little boss, and wasn't too difficult, in my opinion - fitting for a first-area boss. :D

I personally think it was good ;)

Also, sorry about not getting to it earlier; I've not been doing much stuff in the way of virtual worlds, the past few days, that wasn't xat or JA:HOTSP. :|
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:32 pm

The boss was easy but ok if it's the first for the hub.
You really should add a little decoration though. I feel like I'm playing Roblox. (And I don't even play that game. :3 )
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:The boss was easy but ok if it's the first for the hub.
You really should add a little decoration though. I feel like I'm playing Roblox. (And I don't even play that game. :3 )
Now that's better? :wink:

By the way, I created an art for my hub, it's in my signature.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Try jagged floor and walls, and put the watervines in random places instead
of organizing them like a garden.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Now that's better?
global102
Silver Wonderlander

Post by global102 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Nice hub so far. Also boss battle is good.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:03 pm

The watervines seem a bit too close-ish..? It's kind of hard to describe. Spread them out a bit more, and rotate them a bit! (YawAdjust them, I think?) :)
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

The Flooded Vineyard

Post by Jutomi » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:05 pm

Well, if it's supposed to have that close, semi-patterned look as a theme, then I say it looks nice. :D

Though, if you're wanting it more natural, I do recommend spreading them out, perhaps changing their sizes and yaws a bit. :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:05 pm

Here is a picture of what I changed in that area to make it look more natural. I decided to put vines of different sizes at random spots, let me know if you like it.

Unfortunately, school is about to start so I won't have that much free time to work on the hub. :(

I already did 7 out of 9 stages for Area 0, and the hub part is nearly complete, and I'm gonna try to still do 1 or 2 stages per day, so the game will be finished quickly enough. (at the worst, december 2014)

EDIT: Just a quick question: Does the magic "Brr" spells with two or three "r"?
EDIT 2: I tried to do the Flash Magic training stage, but I can't get it to work. When I use the magic on a certain spot to put the object on it, the game crashes and says: "Array Index out of bounds" or something like that. Anybody has this issue? Anybody knows what is the cause of it?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:58 am

Flash thing: Depends on the spot and whether you're using gloves or not.

Vine area: Try adding jagged walls to the border too, or add an extra layer for a border. It looks flat and dark with backgroundtex walls, and edge tiles glitch sometimes.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:16 am

Flash: Do you know what exactly is the problem? :(

Vines: Almost fixed, tell me what you think. I'll fix some things around later.
SearchForReality
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by SearchForReality » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:35 am

garirry wrote: EDIT: Just a quick question: Does the magic "Brr" spells with two or three "r"?
There is a debate over this. I think it's three Rs.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:49 am

@Flash: Make 1,1 a floor (it can look like a wall, but with floor logic), and the 8 surrounding tiles walls. When you Flash an object, you're actually making it ghostlike and sending it to 1,1 - so if it gets destroyed because it's a wall, then there's nothing to Re-Flash. So you get an AIOOB error.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:16 am

SearchForReality wrote:
garirry wrote: EDIT: Just a quick question: Does the magic "Brr" spells with two or three "r"?
There is a debate over this. I think it's three Rs.
Well... I think you're right, the official name is with three Rs. (see picture below)
Wonderland King wrote:@Flash: Make 1,1 a floor (it can look like a wall, but with floor logic), and the 8 surrounding tiles walls. When you Flash an object, you're actually making it ghostlike and sending it to 1,1 - so if it gets destroyed because it's a wall, then there's nothing to Re-Flash. So you get an AIOOB error.
Thank you so much! :lol: Really helped! One more adventure to go, and the entire area 0 will be finished! :D
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:41 am

What I had meant about Flash earlier was that Flash doesn't work for spell launchers. I think it may AIOOB sometimes when launched, but I've never checked.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:48 pm

BIG UPDATES!!!

So, I finished all the 9 levels from Area 0, finished the hub and compiled them all together, so, I updated my first post in this topic. You can now download version "Betalpha" 2.0, again, it's in my first post on this topic.

This version only contains area 0 with its levels. The game will not continue after you've cleared the 9 stages. Please let me know what do you think of this hub, if you've found any bugs or just ideas on how to make it better. :D
global102
Silver Wonderlander

Post by global102 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Finished hub with adventures. Nice adventures. I found 1 bug in area with magic tutorials. When you go right you have memory access violation.
Currently working:
Adventure: Void Epidemic 3 (5%)
Hub: WCG (DEMO=15%)
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:36 pm

global102 wrote:Finished hub with adventures. Nice adventures. I found 1 bug in area with magic tutorials. When you go right you have memory access violation.
Oh yeah... I actually designed this just to be part of the decoration and put the gate blocking it to open. :wink: Gonna be fixed in next update.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Any comments whatsoever? :( I actually started development of the first area in the hub.
tooncool64
Rainbow Keeper

Post by tooncool64 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:02 pm

With the hub. I cant get past the rainbow tunnel. When I go in it just puts me back in the same room.
Currently playing WSW.

"Please wait, we are loading the game."
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:07 pm

tooncool64 wrote:With the hub. I cant get past the rainbow tunnel. When I go in it just puts me back in the same room.
Oh yeah, that's just the end of the part I actually built, so I decided to make the tunnel put you back to the same room. I'll probably do something like a dialog that starts when you try to go further than the last finished part. :wink:
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:35 pm

So, I decided I will no longer upload "Betalpha" versions of this hub to bring up more hype by instead posting pictures here! :D The Hub for Area 1 is complete, here are a few pictures of what the adventures look like. Let me know what you think.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:38 pm

Gah, I should post more, but why take the chance?

Either way, they look nice, and I mean all of the screenshots. Been a bit since I've really looked at a hub topic, be nice to play one after my hiatus from hubs. :3
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:26 am

I really like your style, garirry. You put so much work in designing your levels' symmetry that the lack of jagged tiles is almost hard to notice. :)
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:33 am

Wonderman109 wrote:I really like your style, garirry. You put so much work in designing your levels' symmetry that the lack of jagged tiles is almost hard to notice. :)
Thanks a lot! This kind of comment makes me happy! :D

It's weird, I have barely started on this project and I am already thinking about the sequel. :wink:
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:14 pm

LexieTheFox wrote:Gah, I should post more, but why take the chance?

Either way, they look nice, and I mean all of the screenshots. Been a bit since I've really looked at a hub topic, be nice to play one after my hiatus from hubs. :3
Take the chance? What do you mean?
Don't come in contact with contaminants.