WA: Operation Mecha

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

WA: Operation Mecha

Post by LexieTheFox » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:18 am

Welcome to WA: Operation Mecha. Storyline below, highlight to read;
The Storyline wrote:Embark on an unexpected quest to stop the Mechanizer, a madman well taught in technology, from revolutionizing Wonderland in the worst way possible for his own ambitions!

Uncover evil plots along the side, deal with all sorts of sordid business, from thugs, predatory creatures, troublesome wizards and the most nefarious villain of them all; locked colour gates. Those fiends.

Journey across many different environments, from hot deserts, to amazing forests.. To cool, relaxing shores and traverse treacherous cliffsides as you work your way across the continent of Rhona and explore it's every nook and cranny.

Dodge fireballs from Scouges, Fire Flowers, move safely out of the way of mashing Chomper teeth and even deal with most nasty coilies and plant-imitating Burst-Flowers!

Not to mention delve into Rhona's darkest secrets and lore, and find out more about the enigmatic Temporal Shards...

Can you accustom yourself to Rhona and all of it's dangers to put a stop to the Mechanizer and his mechanical insanity for good? Or will you fall to the many dangers Rhona is so infamously known for that hide behind it's facade of beauty and tranquility?

Take up the banner, carry the torch.

Stop Operation Mecha.

Alright, so this is not the full game. Yes, I know, the storyline up there probably sounds amazing as whenever I POSSIBLY Get around to it, whatever generation of users are on these boards, I intend to finish this hub one day, one month, one year, or another. Slowly but surely.. quality over quantity, and hopefully you'll agree that it will be worth the wait if you give this demo a try!

I intend many ambitious things, from an alternate ending to numerous other things not seen in other hubs. Not to mention strong ties to Classic wonderland, it's mechanics and of course it's beloved enemies that MOFI and POTZ have gifted us the privilege of using.

So, without further ado, enjoy the demo! I look forward to reading feedback from anyone who plays it!

EDIT: Custom content needed now added to downloads.
Please tell me if I missed anything, and I'm sorry that I haven't given credit to the original authors by name, but I work too messily and it's been far too long form e to quite remember.

Credit to every last artist and author who made the amazing custom works used within this hub!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LexieTheFox on Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Operation Mecha_

Post by FinnThor » Thu May 25, 2017 11:04 am

WHOA.Bump :P

Quality over Quantity seems to have paid off. This is amazing! Although, it was a bit short for my taste... but that's beside the point. Even though it's only 2 adventures and a few hub .wlvs and .dias, the demo was one of the best I've ever seen. I've also seen your Operation Mecha_ screenshots in the in-progress adventures topic. Those looked even better, due to the quality over quantity.

I'd say more, but I don't have the ability to give amazing, enormous rants like QLoof can. :lol:

EDIT: Couldn't Load Redstar.bmp.
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Mechanized Mayhem

Post by Jutomi » Mon May 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Hello, Lexie! :D

I'd love to play this, but I'd prefer to wait until the full version when it's released.
Still, it looks interesting! And if you'd prefer me to play (or even record) it, feel free to ask. :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Re: Mechanized Mayhem

Post by FinnThor » Mon May 29, 2017 7:29 pm

Jutomi wrote:Hello, Lexie! :D

I'd love to play this, but I'd prefer to wait until the full version when it's released.
Still, it looks interesting! And if you'd prefer me to play (or even record) it, feel free to ask. :mrgreen:
You should play this.

IT'S AMAZING!
Cheese!

LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:49 am

My my.. I came back here afraid that the topic wouldn't have any replies!

For starters, THANK you Finthor, really.. it means a lot to hear that and I'm really glad someone noticed, I put a lot of work into what's there because while I may not be the best puzzle artist around, I want to make sure it's not a waste of time to play and it's an overall enjoyable experience regardless. There is a story to tell and it's not one I intend to shrug off X3

as for you, Jutomi. I agree with Finthor, I'd really prefer if you gave it a try and tell me your thoughts! The finished thing may not be out for a long time at the rate i'm going, but everytime I pick OM back up, more and more content gets added and I always feel it's the best it can possibly be until I pick it back up again. A very slow process, so I'd say any demo I release you should really give it a try.

You won't be disappointed, I promise! X3

EDIT: Also, Finthor, I'm sorry it's so late, but might I ask what the issue was with 'RedStar.bmp'? Did you resolve it yourself? I'd like to know if you're still there so I can make sure for any possible future demos or work I do that I make sure I squash that bug. Thank you in advance!
Rawr.
Randy290
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Randy290 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:36 pm

Due to my on-and-off interest with Wonderland Adventures. I'm quite interested in this. I should give it a go.

I bet it's going to be good, eh?
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:40 pm

Randy290 wrote:Due to my on-and-off interest with Wonderland Adventures. I'm quite interested in this. I should give it a go.

Two, no, three words.

It's.

VERY.

Good.
Cheese!

Randy290
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Randy290 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:00 pm

FinnThor wrote:
Randy290 wrote:Due to my on-and-off interest with Wonderland Adventures. I'm quite interested in this. I should give it a go.

Two, no, three words.

It's.

VERY.

Good.
I shall trust your judgement on it and try it for myself.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:27 am

I hope you enjoy it, Randy.

And really, I'm flattered. I mean, I felt confident what I was giving out would interest people but I wasn't expecting that big of a reaction. (lowesteemyaaaaaaaaaaa-)
Rawr.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:23 am

I'm currently playing most of the adventures I've missed, but I certainly will start with this one! :wink:
Jinx133
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Jinx133 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:16 am

This was very cool. :)

I really hope that I will get to see the remainder of this project. :)
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:01 am

@ab-47

I really hope you enjoy it! I hope you'll come back and share your thoughts once you've seen what the demo has to offer!

@Jinx133

Thank you!! I hope you will as well. my schedule is very chaotic.. so.. I guess we'll just have to see in the future. (I will say there is also quite a lot more atm than what the demo offers available, it's just where OM is at atm devleopment wise)
Rawr.
Randy290
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Randy290 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Anywho. The redstar.bmp issue occurs during the Powder Canyon level where there is this one room that is blocked off by a rainbow gate. If you step on the rainbow button at a certain part. That rainbow gate will open by the time you get the red key and get out of the cavern...part of the powder canyon or something.

Go to the red arrow in the room that was previously unreachable thanks to the rainbow arrow, and boom. The game cannot find redstar.bmp which means that we don't have that file anywhere in our Custom folder-or-something-like-that.

Of course, unless the area that arrow leads to is not finished yet due to this being a demo?
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:25 pm

Randy290 wrote:Anywho. The redstar.bmp issue occurs during the Powder Canyon level where there is this one room that is blocked off by a rainbow gate. If you step on the rainbow button at a certain part. That rainbow gate will open by the time you get the red key and get out of the cavern...part of the powder canyon or something.

Go to the red arrow in the room that was previously unreachable thanks to the rainbow arrow, and boom. The game cannot find redstar.bmp which means that we don't have that file anywhere in our Custom folder-or-something-like-that.

Of course, unless the area that arrow leads to is not finished yet due to this being a demo?
Incorrect, that area is accessible. I believe there was a redstar.jpg in one of the zips, because, for some reason, I had a redstar.JPG in my custom and not redstar.BMP. That area is 100% accessible and I have done it myself. I fixed the problem, but I never explored it. I'm going to do that now.

EDIT: Explored the area. I took some screenshots and eventually got completely stuck with no idea what to do. Some help?

Here are the screenshots. :D

http://imgur.com/a/I9fXK
Last edited by FinnThor on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randy290
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Randy290 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:23 pm

FinnThor wrote:
Randy290 wrote:Anywho. The redstar.bmp issue occurs during the Powder Canyon level where there is this one room that is blocked off by a rainbow gate. If you step on the rainbow button at a certain part. That rainbow gate will open by the time you get the red key and get out of the cavern...part of the powder canyon or something.

Incorrect, that area is accessable. I believe there was a redstar.jpg in one of the zips, because, for some reason, I had a redstar.JPG in my custom and not redstar.BMP. That area is 100% Accessable and I have done it myself. I fixed the problem, but I never explored it. I'm going to do that now.

EDIT: Explored the area. I took some screenshots and eventually got completely stuck with no idea what to do. Some help?

Aye. Thanks for the corrections. I'll take a look for myself to see if I too get completely stuck or not.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I cannot find redstar.bmp or jpg anywhere. Not even in the zips, strange.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Randy290 wrote:
FinnThor wrote:

Incorrect, that area is accessable. I believe there was a redstar.jpg in one of the zips, because, for some reason, I had a redstar.JPG in my custom and not redstar.BMP. That area is 100% Accessable and I have done it myself. I fixed the problem, but I never explored it. I'm going to do that now.

Aye. Thanks for the corrections. I'll take a look for myself to see if I too get completely stuck or not.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I cannot find redstar.bmp or jpg anywhere. Not even in the zips, strange.
Here you go. (Also, do you have Redscouge.png? You'll need that too.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheese!

Randy290
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Randy290 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:40 pm

FinnThor wrote:
Randy290 wrote:
FinnThor wrote:

Here you go. (Also, do you have Redscouge.png? You'll need that too.)
Thanks friend. Anyways, yup, I have it.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:42 pm

Very strange indeed.. I suppose I missed that one. My bad!

As for the secret area... you are supposed to step onto the tile just before the gap.

I did so in good faith people would, as.. what's a secret area worth if it does nothing? Surely that crystal I see is reachable?

I didn't know of any way to point it out to the player without being blatant and ruining the atmosphere. But yes, all you need to do is step right onto the empty tile just beyond the pit.
Rawr.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:04 am

LexieTheFox wrote:Very strange indeed.. I suppose I missed that one. My bad!

As for the secret area... you are supposed to step onto the tile just before the gap.

I did so in good faith people would, as.. what's a secret area worth if it does nothing? Surely that crystal I see is reachable?

I didn't know of any way to point it out to the player without being blatant and ruining the atmosphere. But yes, all you need to do is step right onto the empty tile just beyond the pit.
Ohhhh, that's what you were supposed to do. I'll do that now! :)

Edit: Alright, I collected the shard. Now what am I supposed to do in that area? Am I supposed to leave it or something? I'm stuck almost right after I became un-stuck. :P :lol:
Cheese!

FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:25 pm

DP

Are you using anything from the screenshots found Here?

Edit: Yay 400 Posts :D
Cheese!

LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 am

FinnThor wrote:DP

Are you using anything from the screenshots found Here?

Edit: Yay 400 Posts :D
1. Ack, sorry.

After you get the shard, you just go back and collect the star. That's how it's meant to be done. A small shortcut should be available once the shard is collected, as well.

2. Mm.. no.. not all of it will return. Arguably the bits in Mechanizer's base are really old and were made when I was far less experienced.

But not all of it. Raven Isles will surely return, new and improved. Other aspects may appear as they go. After reviewing some of it, I am made nostalgic. Themes.. I will surely give themes a return.

(They already have some form of presence. Mechanizer themed levels use themed bridges and all enemies have 'Mechanizer' skins.)

The Bronze, Gold, Platinum star system nearly came back. I considered using stars in place of coins in the hub world. But I also considered "well.. what would the point be"? so the answer on that is honestly a 'maybe'

There are plenty of new themes coming along with it too.

Such as the hinted at dreaded 'power generator laser beams of death' gimmick seen in one of my progress images. .... Thooose are fun to deal with... (that level is also laggy. .. I think I overdid it? ^.^' )
Rawr.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Finally got to play this. I apologize for taking too much time, but I'm quite busy with college work and will probably play some more adventures next week, probably from Pheonix Blaze since I missed a lot of his work. :oops:

The effort you gave to this short demo deserves a round of applause, really. Your level design feels rich and attractive, great job!

I'm looking forward to any of your upcoming updates(?) regarding this project. :)
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 am

Operation Mecha is alive once again. In the short time I've become active on it again, I've completed two new adventures (That's an astounding /7/ adventures now. Can you believe it? So much content!!)

The hub is coming along nicely, with how big of a story I wantI fear OM will never be done, or peraps I will have to shorten it.. hopefully people will still be around here by then. But, for those of you still here, Operation Mecha is still being updated, yes indeed.

I'll post pictures of what's new tomorrow, but yeah.

That's all for now!
Rawr.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

WA: Operation Mecha - Update Images

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:49 pm

Here we are, as promised.

Have about four pictures for you all, three are of adventures, and one is of a Hub Region that I personally very much look forward to developing as I feel it's unique.

Hope you enjoy, as I've enjoyed developing the levels you see in these pictures, feedback is always welcome and greatly appreciated.

Good day!
Rawr.
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Re: WA: Operation Mecha

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:41 pm

I haven't given my two cents on this hub before, but it looks gorgeous. Especially the two grassy area screenshots you just posted. Also- where did you get the flower objecttextures and how did you apply them? They look beautiful.
Last edited by PhoenixBlaze on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Thank you!
EDIT: and really, thank you again after seeing your edited comment! I really do appreciate your thoughts and feedback X3

I made the rose texture myself for the most part. I hue-adjusted the stem part of the texture, while I hunted down a fitting texture for the top half and adjusted it accordingly until it satisfied what I wanted! You need to take a Flower2 object and use the !custom field to point to this texture.

Alternatively, save it as a JPG using an image editor and use objecttextures, though I do not know if Flowers appear there as I do not use them.

Here, have it, enjoy!

Flower1Red2.png
Rawr.
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:59 pm

Thanks so much! I checked, and there is no custom option in the natural editor. :( But I just used Woppinator to add the extra option. Again, thank you!
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:00 pm

No problem! Glad I could help.

I hope you enjoy the texture~
Rawr.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:26 pm

Decided to play this once more, and I can't help myself but just stop and examine this rich level design you have worked on. :)

One note though: The level "First you're here, then you are there" is going out of bounds for the first few and last letters, you might want to abridge the title to something shorter? :mrgreen:
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:16 am

ab-47 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:26 pm
Decided to play this once more, and I can't help myself but just stop and examine this rich level design you have worked on. :)

One note though: The level "First you're here, then you are there" is going out of bounds for the first few and last letters, you might want to abridge the title to something shorter? :mrgreen:
I'm very happy to see people still stop by sometimes to admire what work actually managed to come out of this!

Quality over Quantity is still in effect, I'm very very slowly working on this! aas for First You're Here, then You're There! , I believe I changed it's name to "Warping Canyon" in my current adventure set, so that problem SHOULD be fixed!

... might release another demo soon because why not, it's not much but hey people loved this.. hmmm~
Rawr.