THE MAGIC CUBOID - Full Series Download

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

THE MAGIC CUBOID - Full Series Download

Post by Nobody » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:49 am

The Magic Cuboid is kind of a hard series to make a sales pitch for. It doesn't have killer ducks, a hilarious toothbrush quest, tense wartime political intrigue, or even the thing all tennis series (WA series where two different adventure creators take turns making adventures that tell one unified story) are supposed to have, Thwarts.

However, what The Magic Cuboid does have is a unique narrative that emerged over time. It started as a chain of just plain weird adventures created by Samuel and I. Then, as the series continued from late 2013 to other, bigger-numbered years, it turned into something truly beautiful. I would describe The Magic Cuboid as a humor-filled journey that eventually decides to have serious stakes, but forgets to stop being highly silly. Lots of stuff happens in it, but you can play the series to learn what that stuff is. Although you should be warned that it's not quite as child-safe as other, safer things. So if you're a little kid, actually DON'T play it.

Required Music Packs (install any you don't already have in the Data/Music subfolder)
Samuel's Marvelous WA Editor Show Tunes
Nobody & Ice's Merged Music Pack
Master Wonder Mage's PotZ Music Pack
Kooky's WA3E Music Pack
Recommended but Optional Music Pack (fixes a track from Master Wonder Mage's pack)
Emerald's Music Pack
Required Leveltextures (Install any you don't already have in the UserData/Custom/Leveltextures subfolder)
Spectra Jade
Red Desert
VR
The Cute Cuboid's Leveltexture
Required Object Textures (Install any you don't already have in the Custom subfolder)
VR again
Rainbow Arrows
IMPORTANT: Also go to your Data/Models/Stinker subfolder and, if there is a file with the exact name bddfttpsz005i.wdf, remove that file (files with extremely similar names are fine and should be kept).

Phew, that was a lot. Anyway, to anyone who is playing TMC for the first time, I hope you enjoy it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nobody on Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Re: THE MAGIC CUBOID - Full First Season (Digitally Remastered)

Post by Nobody » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:13 am

Everyone still hates the Spikeyball Scritter puzzle from TMC4 so I did a thing

https://youtu.be/eWU1tDioW-0
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Re: THE MAGIC CUBOID - Full Series Download

Post by Nobody » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:30 am

I just updated this series for the third time! There's, like, almost no new gameplay or dialog, and what I did add on those fronts is super uninteresting, but I think I improved the series' overall presentation. I was gonna make a third thread for it, but then I said to myself "Wait, that's insane," and so I've decided that from now on, this will be THE thread within which you can download (and discuss? if you want?) the Entire TMC Series. Individual adventures will still have their individual threads when they're first released, for download and discussion of those specific adventures. But afterwards, I'll add possibly-tweaked versions into this collection. At least that's the plan. Assuming I don't forget this plan by the time TMC13 comes out.

In the past I haven't done changelogs, but I don't know why. Then again, no one is probably gonna be interested in this one. Here's the full list of what's changed since the second rerelease of Parts 1-10 and original releases of Parts 11-12:
-All odd-numbered parts are now marked in their descriptions as "By Samuel." (instead of "By Sammy_P.")
-.wlvs with unusual walls throughout the series now have borders that match the wall style
-Fixed one typo each in TMC4, TMC10, and TMC11
-The evil furnaces in TMC4 now emit their UnYou gas directly, visually speaking
-Stepping on the evil furnaces in TMC4 no longer destroys the buttons and Overdone Sign
-The Player no longer faces South after certain area transitions in TMC6 and TMC10 and the majority in TMC11
-Added a new interchange for if you talk to Winniker again after asking him to press a button in TMC7
-Added signs to TMC8 letting you know how many coins are in each gameplay .wlv so you don't need to Spy-Eye around to check if you missed any, assuming you can do math
-Added a sign to TMC10 letting you know you can Pop bridges
-The stationary springs in TMC10 now appear as yellow in OpenWA
-Added new elements to the final puzzle wlv in TMC10 to make there be less tight timing. It wasn't worth it because there's still some really tight timing I didn't even get rid of and I had to test the level like three more times to get my new elements working right 'cause I'm dumb, but what's done is done
-The teleport effect at the beginning of TMC11 is now rainbow instead of red
-A couple of floor tiles in TMC11 now have square corners instead of round corners. Literally two
-Added a red gate to TMC11 to make it more similar to the revamped TMC5
-An arrow in TMC11 no one in their right mind would step on no longer results in a memory access violation if you step on it
-JoJo's greeting is now Peegue1 instead of Stinky1 even while he's asleep
-Got rid of some duplicate dialog you'd have to read if you randomly decided to backtrack halfway through getting into the house in TMC11
-A certain bit of short-term foreshadowing in TMC11 is now significantly easier to miss
-THC's dialog in TMC11 no longer loops if you talk to him again after he's moved
-Added dialog to TMC12 indicating that usage of the Brr glitch is kosher and intended design. Not like it wasn't obvious but hey
-The table in TMC12 now has proper collision during the dinner scene
-The most tedious part of TMC12 is now a bit shorter. I could have removed it entirely but that would be dishonesty about my past failings :stinkyhappy:
-Stepping off a certain button towards the end of TMC12 no longer makes a certain teleporter go away
-Also while I was at it I made the two sets of red buttons have different subcolors rather than both opening both red gates, and moved the gate colors around a little bit since not ending with red was no longer strictly necessary