WA: Operation Mecha - WIP Release

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

WA: Operation Mecha - WIP Release

Post by tails the fox » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:45 am

Hey there.

Bet for some of you, this isn't a username you expected to see posting here. I am Tails, better known as LexieTheFox, and some of you may be familiar with Operation Mecha. A quaint hub concept I wanted to do for the past.. what, 2-3 years? Longer than that! I released a 3 adventure demo a while back that wow'd a few of you.

I'm sorry to say I'm not sure it will EVER be completed, but the least I can offer is the entirety of what I actually had created from start to finish, along with some behind the scenes stuff like test levels and two scrapped adventures.

It's a whopping 190 MB, mostly custom content, so I can't upload the adventure itself here, but here is a google drive link containing the hub and it's custom content all in one. It's been so long, hopefully this is okay?

Contains 10 adventures, with 5 bonus adventures that are testing levels or otherwise scrapped adventures. It's been fun, guys. Mecha probably won't continue past this point and I myself have become something of a drifting phantom around these parts. I hope you guys enjoy what's here, and maybe I'll see you around.

~Tails/Lexie, Acheron now a days.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11lq-0H ... sp=sharing

P.S. have some image mash ups from the years of glacial development it had!

Last edited by tails the fox on Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Re: WA: Operation Mecha - WIP Release

Post by nasko222 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:49 am

yoo welcome back, ive heard about you :stinkyhappy:
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

Post by tails the fox » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:39 am

Really? You've heard about me? Like, I'm talked about?

I didn't expect that! Either way, thank you -- if you do play this, I hope you enjoy it!
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:40 am

I heard some word here and there, Also I've been on the forums since around 2009 but didn't had an account till 2014 and this one is made 2018. I do remember Operation Mecha, sort off... I might even have some old copy of it on my old pc backups
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

Post by tails the fox » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:46 am

That's fair! I never expected myself to be worthy enough to come up in conversations like that, I guess. :oops: More people played the original 2017 demo of Operation Mecha than I expected from what I've learned in the hours since posting this, it's been rather heartwarming -- makes me feel bad it'll never be finished.

Oh well.. we have this, at least.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:32 am

Unrelated but do you happen to have any old 2010s modded mofi editors, back when official one didnt exist, I am collecting those for my archive collection, Some of them are lost. I think youre one of the people who used such one
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:04 pm

Hi Lexie :0 I remember you for sure! Absolutely crazy to see you after all this time - how've ya been?

Nah, don't worry, you aren't talked about regularly :lol: But you're certainly remembered by a good chunk of us oldtimers, and Nasko knows just about everyone from his endeavors on cataloguing the old games. I remember Operation Mecha... I can't remember where it was found, but it's in the Custom Collection Archive (dunno what it's properly called) so I know it's located somewhere :P

I thought for sure I would've recorded that by now, but 'pparently I never even opened it... probably assuming I already had recorded it :oops: (I was probably thinking of The Past, The Present and The Future on accident.)

Don't worry too much about maybe never completing a hub; that seems to be par for the course. Unfortunately, the higher the quality of the hub, the generally less likely it is to be completed. (The fact Lattius Road was completed at all given how huge it was is a testament to that and it itself took many years changed hands and was a speed-run-made product.) My own hub is unfortunately quite in a similar camp. :oops:

Pleasure to see you update this though! Glad to see my forgetting to ever record this was not in total vein... :lol:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

Post by tails the fox » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:29 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:32 am
Unrelated but do you happen to have any old 2010s modded mofi editors, back when official one didnt exist, I am collecting those for my archive collection, Some of them are lost. I think youre one of the people who used such one
I was, unfortunately I'm not sure I have it anymore. Sorry.
Jutomi wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:04 pm
Hi Lexie :0 I remember you for sure! Absolutely crazy to see you after all this time - how've ya been?

Nah, don't worry, you aren't talked about regularly :lol: But you're certainly remembered by a good chunk of us oldtimers, and Nasko knows just about everyone from his endeavors on cataloguing the old games. I remember Operation Mecha... I can't remember where it was found, but it's in the Custom Collection Archive (dunno what it's properly called) so I know it's located somewhere :P

I thought for sure I would've recorded that by now, but 'pparently I never even opened it... probably assuming I already had recorded it :oops: (I was probably thinking of The Past, The Present and The Future on accident.)

Don't worry too much about maybe never completing a hub; that seems to be par for the course. Unfortunately, the higher the quality of the hub, the generally less likely it is to be completed. (The fact Lattius Road was completed at all given how huge it was is a testament to that and it itself took many years changed hands and was a speed-run-made product.) My own hub is unfortunately quite in a similar camp. :oops:

Pleasure to see you update this though! Glad to see my forgetting to ever record this was not in total vein... :lol:
Heya, Jutomi! I remember you, too! I've been alright -- JUST alright. Things have been wild.

Apparently Operation Mecha isn't just in the archive but in Midnight Synergy's own archive, and it's featured on their newsletter, so I must have done something right! Seems as of late hubs just cant' catch a break, huh? At least we had fun making them. Operation Mecha lost some quality near the end due to how glacial progress was but I like to think it remains a pleasant little walk all the way through, considering it's not really a puzzle hub like most wonderland creations are I suspect you could easily make your way through it in your sleep! :lol:

Thank you, I hope you enjoy it if/when you do play it. Sorry for the filesize in advance.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:38 pm

LOL it was such an "Oh my god what" moment seeing a new post by tails the fox. Glad to see you're still around, will check this hub out soon. :D
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

Post by tails the fox » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:41 pm

Sammy_P wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:38 pm
LOL it was such an "Oh my god what" moment seeing a new post by tails the fox. Glad to see you're still around, will check this hub out soon. :D
Same to you, Sammy! Glad I could create a few smiles -- I hope you like what's there.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:53 pm

Tails, it's good to see you again on Pcpuzzle, how have you been? :D

Great work pulling through and getting a decent chunk of this released, I can understand your point of view for not continuing the project, but I'm really happy to see that we're getting content from you again.
tails the fox wrote:I myself have become something of a drifting phantom around these parts. I hope you guys enjoy what's here, and maybe I'll see you around.
I hope you linger around for a little longer, Wonderland Adventures has gone through so many awesome community updates! :wink:

Can't wait to try this... :twisted:
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [36%, In Progress]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

Post by tails the fox » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:19 pm

ab-47 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:53 pm
Tails, it's good to see you again on Pcpuzzle, how have you been? :D

Great work pulling through and getting a decent chunk of this released, I can understand your point of view for not continuing the project, but I'm really happy to see that we're getting content from you again.
tails the fox wrote:I myself have become something of a drifting phantom around these parts. I hope you guys enjoy what's here, and maybe I'll see you around.
I hope you linger around for a little longer, Wonderland Adventures has gone through so many awesome community updates! :wink:

Can't wait to try this... :twisted:
I've been alright! It's been wild as of late but things happen, you know?

and thanks, I just regret it couldn't be more of an update since the last demo was 2017 and this REALLY isn't that much more of a leap from where it ended. :( As for lingering; I might, I might not. We'll both have to see! In the mean time, I hope you enjoy the release, it isn't much but it's still as good as the first demo was!
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:36 am

This was cool! Very nice aesthetics, and a story opening with potential. Some silly little issues here and there like how most of the arrows point you in the wrong direction at the start of areas, but nothing experience-ruining.

I know you said on the Discord puzzle-making wasn't your strong suit, but I did have fun with what's here. I think in today's WA era, devious puzzles are valued, but not the end-all be-all of good content, and this was good content.

Like I've already said, even though this specific project is canceled, I'd love to see more from you!
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

Post by tails the fox » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:02 am

Nobody wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:36 am
This was cool! Very nice aesthetics, and a story opening with potential. Some silly little issues here and there like how most of the arrows point you in the wrong direction at the start of areas, but nothing experience-ruining.

I know you said on the Discord puzzle-making wasn't your strong suit, but I did have fun with what's here. I think in today's WA era, devious puzzles are valued, but not the end-all be-all of good content, and this was good content.

Like I've already said, even though this specific project is canceled, I'd love to see more from you!
Thank you, Nobody.

I could've sworn I had the levelexit directions on lock, seems I was mistaken. :( Sorry about that! Words like yours about puzzles are especially what I like and need to hear since I've always been rather embarrassed at my inability to put a good puzzle together! I try to make a good experience in every other area to make up for it, seems it's working!

You might, you might not.. I won't make any promises but hopefully in the future you'll see other adventures from me!