Classic trilogy soundtracks

Leveltextures, Custom Icons, etc. for Wonderland Adventures.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:45 am

OondiLalaLoopy wrote:Can someone please convert the files for me?I need internet connection and I don't have.I navigate on the phone so... :(
and please post them here or dropbox please.
I'm not sure what kind of Internet there is that can download music files but can't download a program but...

<deleted>
Last edited by garirry on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:23 am

I downloaded the mp3 tracks and Free studio on another computer but there I can't install the program because the person who have that computer won't let me and my phone is just an old Nokia XpressMusic so I can't do to much with him.

Anyway thanks for help...
I live a Wonderland adventure every day!
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:41 pm

garirry wrote:
Pawelec wrote:To be honest I've already deleted the files as they turned out to be completely useless... :oops:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry:

By chance, could it still be in your recycle bin? :roll:
If not, then, could you tell me what did you do to extract the midis?
(Also, what do you mean by "completely useless"?)
I have to empty my trash bin every 2 days as I've been doing a clean up of my disk for two weeks, so it's not here. I used two programs to convert the files, one was OpenMTP and the second one was 2midi, but both produced files which had so many program changes and percussion errors that it was impossible to get the files sound even a bit similar to the original.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:11 pm

The problem I have right now trying to make it work, is how do I extract the files from the resX.dat?
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:07 pm

There's no need to extract them - they load perfectly in both programs.
by Giuseppe Verdi
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:20 pm

Pawelec wrote:There's no need to extract them - they load perfectly in both programs.
I'm confused... I tried loading the resX.dat files, they don't work. What is the exact process you used to extract the midis?
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:41 pm

garirry wrote:
Pawelec wrote:There's no need to extract them - they load perfectly in both programs.
I'm confused... I tried loading the resX.dat files, they don't work. What is the exact process you used to extract the midis?
I loaded the resX.dat files (if I remember correctly the first three are NOT music files and they fail to load) with the program (OpenMTP or 2midi) and exported the result as a .mid file.
by Giuseppe Verdi
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:40 am

I get it, I originally only tried the first two due to my laziness. :oops: RES3 through RES8 contain the music files, and I'm not sure what you meant by completely useless, because the Midis turned out to be nearly identical to the original (well, of course, with all tracks replaced as pianos, and all tracks' volumes are the same), so that means I can finally start remixing them. :lol:
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:11 pm

The files aren't work!
I know...I'm bad at computers!
I live a Wonderland adventure every day!
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:35 pm

OondiLalaLoopy wrote:The files aren't work!
I know...I'm bad at computers!
1-Place the files into the <editor>/Data/Music folder
2-Rename the files and make sure the name is a number. Just start with 21 through 27 for example.
3-Download XVI32
4-Open the .wlv files with it
5-Scroll down to the end and count 12 characters left from that point.
6-You will see a hex number. Change it to change the music file. For example, if you want file 21, type in 15. If it's 30, type in 1E. You can visit a decimal-to-hex converter to see what is the number you will need to use.
7-Save the file, and the new music should play during the adventure. :)
MNIK posted instructions on how to do it in his topic, but I can't find it right now. It is pretty complicated, so if you can't do it, just make your adventure, send it to me and I'll change the music. :wink: