Star tollgates WSW version?

Leveltextures, Custom Icons, etc. for Wonderland Adventures.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Star tollgates WSW version?

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:05 pm

Anyone familiar with WA tollgates knows that the star ones no longer take away from the stars you already have, as had been in WSW. They just check that you have enough. But the coins DO take away from your stash. Assuming this is a data-point, does anyone think I could interchange this as to get a coin checker tollgate and a star-taker tollgate?
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:40 pm

Oh yeah, I remember those! WSW was the first wonderland game I ever played!
Last edited by FinnThor on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:56 am

Same, but if only they could be brought back...
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:48 am

Stars cannot be taken away, this is hard-coded in the game. They are not consumable in any way. Coins, since they are consumables, will be taken when you get past a toll gate. I don't think you can just have the gates check the coins, however, you can have something or someone refund you the coins you just got. I haven't tried it myself, but what if you were to place a second gate right behind the first one with a negative coin value? Just an idea.
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Well...

Post by Creeperpasta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:40 am

garirry wrote:Stars cannot be taken away, this is hard-coded in the game. They are not consumable in any way. Coins, since they are consumables, will be taken when you get past a toll gate. I don't think you can just have the gates check the coins, however, you can have something or someone refund you the coins you just got. I haven't tried it myself, but what if you were to place a second gate right behind the first one with a negative coin value? Just an idea.
Or beside it, I think the nearest relative diagonal spaces are affected. I think it would work under the assumption that the gate can accept negative values. Just butting in
Please donate some crackers for my pet parrot.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Re: Well...

Post by garirry » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:46 am

Creeperpasta wrote:Or beside it, I think the nearest relative diagonal spaces are affected. I think it would work under the assumption that the gate can accept negative values. Just butting in
You can still force any object in the game to support negative values by wad hacking. The only question is if it'll work afterwards.
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Creeperpasta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:05 am

garirry wrote:
Creeperpasta wrote:Or beside it, I think the nearest relative diagonal spaces are affected. I think it would work under the assumption that the gate can accept negative values. Just butting in
You can still force any object in the game to support negative values by wad hacking. The only question is if it'll work afterwards.
Might be a noob question, but can Power WOP do the same? I mean, like set a default negative value, place one in the level, then reset the wop to the original values? It is a variable after all, but I'm not sure if Power WOP can modify such an attribute XD
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:10 am

Creeperpasta wrote:Might be a noob question, but can Power WOP do the same? I mean, like set a default negative value, place one in the level, then reset the wop to the original values? It is a variable after all, but I'm not sure if Power WOP can modify such an attribute XD
Are you referring to the gloves? Because I do know that through hacking they managed to have the seventh and eighth colour (white and black respectively) active, which act as neutralizers (to have your magic removed).

Unless you mean something else...
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Creeperpasta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:27 am

garirry wrote: Are you referring to the gloves? Because I do know that through hacking they managed to have the seventh and eighth colour (white and black respectively) active, which act as neutralizers (to have your magic removed).

Unless you mean something else...
I guess? I'm still sort of new to this Power WOP thing, so I'm not sure of what most of the settings do. But if there were an attribute for the coin accepting value and MNIK had it somewhat incorporated as an unknown setting or so, then it could be changed there. Otherwise, then you could just ignore my babble XD. It was just a possibility.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:42 am

It's actually not an unknown setting, it's one of the Data numbers. The Data numbers do different things for different objects.

Having said that, in some of my earlier "maximum coin" experiments, I tried creating a negative coingate. Unfortunately, it acted positive.
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

lol

Post by Creeperpasta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:01 am

Wonderland King wrote:It's actually not an unknown setting, it's one of the Data numbers. The Data numbers do different things for different objects.

Having said that, in some of my earlier "maximum coin" experiments, I tried creating a negative coingate. Unfortunately, it acted positive.
There you have it.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:56 pm

I think I'll make do with talking to a stinker. :lol: