Sonic Fight!

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Kilicool64 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:14 am

There once was a forum section for silly stuff but MS removed it years ago.

I think that would be the perfect place for forum games like wefight.

Then only serious topics would remain in the off-topic section.

(I don't have anthing against forum games but it's hard to find serious topics in the off-topic section such as fan game previews.)
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Kilicool64 wrote:There once was a forum section for silly stuff but MS removed it years ago.

(I don't have anthing against forum games but it's hard to find serious topics in the off-topic section such as fan game previews.)
Forum games got moved to WonderForum so it was a little bit easier to sort out between forum games and those serious topic. Wefight stayed, though.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:32 pm

ben-09 wrote:Surely you can find other forms of entertainent apart from making posts on a forum! I'ts a bit sad :|
It's not the only form of entertainment I have, but it's one of the few things on this forum that interests me. There's a big difference :P
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:34 am

Kilicool64 wrote:There once was a forum section for silly stuff but MS removed it years ago.

I think bringing back the silly stuff section would be a great idea. It would rid as of wefight and other silly topics, leaving only serious ones remaining. :)
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:41 am

ben-09 wrote:Yes, Nobody has no rights to the __fight suffix, or wefights concept. I personally think that wefight should be either deleted or allow more of these type of topics to be created. (like Ufight, which im now playing on skype)
Sorry for the bump, but i have to say that i confirm what Ben-09 said.
But about that more forum games could be created, there should be an catgory in Other called for example 'forum games' or 'games'.
And about wefight should be deleted, one word: NYO. :lol:
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:59 am

^_^ wrote:
ben-09 wrote:Yes, Nobody has no rights to the __fight suffix, or wefights concept. I personally think that wefight should be either deleted or allow more of these type of topics to be created. (like Ufight, which im now playing on skype)
Sorry for the bump, but i have to say that i confirm what Ben-09 said.
But about that more forum games could be created, there should be an catgory in Other called for example 'forum games' or 'games'.
And about wefight should be deleted, one word: NYO. :lol:
This has been gone over quite a few times already - the -fight suffix isn't Nobody's intellectual property, but WeFight is his conception. The reason that WeFight is the only forum game is because it's immensely popular, and I don't think it's very just either to have only the one, but I don't participate, so it doesn't have a lot of bearing on me. Lastly, the reason there aren't any forum games allowed is because that just took up a huge amount of space on the forum.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:01 am

Ehh, But forum data isn't on Patrick's pc, and a forum can't be full of data.
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:02 am

^_^ wrote:Ehh, But forum data isn't on Patrick's pc, and a forum can't be full of data.
By data he means that the forum games are taking too much space on the topic list and is getting quite out of control.

In unrelated news: -fight suffix is not officially copyrighted.
In unrelated news 2: The new Sonic Fight is here: http://3ps.hk-diy.net/forum/showthread.php?t=545
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 pm

^_^ wrote:Ehh, But forum data isn't on Patrick's pc, and a forum can't be full of data.
Yeah, but they're hosted via phpBB. More topics = More space taken up. More space taken = Slower connection speed.
tails the fox
Rainbow Master

Post by tails the fox » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:22 pm

Nice one. Reviving a REALLY OLD topic? WTF
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:36 pm

tails the fox wrote:Nice one. Reviving a REALLY OLD topic? WTF
It's not that old and it is OK to revive a topic if you actually have something to say. (This topic's going to be deleted no doubt.)