>>this topic is dead<<

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

>>this topic is dead<<

Post by ^_^ » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:32 pm

I hate word "White".
Its annoying when you say that like 1000000000000 times.
Last edited by ^_^ on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:42 pm

I hate the word "excruciating."

EXAMPLES:
The test caused excruciating pain.
The test participant felt excruciating pain.
I like to eat cake while excruciating.

:3
she/her | Sayori#2285
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:47 pm

I hate to use the word 'hate'.

PARADOX
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:49 pm

YAAAAY PARADOX

In my neighborhood, some kids say "I seen it," which really grates on my ears. D:
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:16 pm

I hate the sentence "give me do it". It's "LET me do it" for Pete's sake.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:36 pm

I also hate it when people say often like "off ten"

It's "off en" not "off ten"

My mom's a college level enlish/reading/writing teacher, I'd know.
she/her | Sayori#2285
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:40 pm

I don't really hate any certain words, but sometimes I think words sound REALLY weird if I say them to myself too much, or have to write a word too many times.
Blast!10 wrote:I hate the sentence "give me do it". It's "LET me do it" for Pete's sake.
Who says THAT (the former)? That sounds incredibly stupid, and I've never heard anyone say it. :lol:
~xpr'd~ wrote:I also hate it when people say often like "off ten"

It's "off en" not "off ten"

My mom's a college level english/reading/writing teacher, I'd know.
I guess it's sort of like a silent t. I just said the word "often" to myself a bunch, and I can kinda hear the t when I say it, but it's not prominent.
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:49 pm

I hate "it" "when" "people" "think" "they" "are" "cool" "because" "of" "doing" "stuff".
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:37 pm

I hate all the swear words.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 pm

I hate "cool" "rap" "gangster" "gangsta" "cliche" and pretty much anything to do with being egotistical.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:07 pm

I can't think of any words I hate but I hate the letters "X" and "Q". They shouldn't exist. "X" is just "cs". And "Q" is just "cw". And also, either C or K shouldn't exist. Only one of them should exist.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:17 pm

C is just interchangeablilty with S and K, CH can be resolved later. Y sometimes makes the same sound as I. So maibe we should all make our spelling different kwuikli. I mean, kome on, these ekstra letters make it all too konfusing, don't iou think? No? Somedai iou'll see it our way.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Nobody wrote:C is just interchangeablilty with S and K, CH can be resolved later. Y sometimes makes the same sound as I. So maibe we should all make our spelling different kwuikli. I mean, kome on, these ekstra letters make it all too konfusing, don't iou think? No? Somedai iou'll see it our way.
If we originally learned it like that then it wouldn't be confusing.

"Y" deserves it's own letter. Not like "by", which should be "bi", but like in "you", there is no other letter for it there.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Different letters usually distinguish different words (by=near or possessed by and bi=a pair), and each letter is a different sound that a human can make. The letters also simplify other combinations of letters into on letter to shorten words.
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:10 pm

There's a similar problem in Hebrew. Nowadays, the Hebrew that's actually spoken is not in its original accent.
Yiddish is a language that was basically a combination of German and Hebrew. The only speakers of that language were Jews from Europe and South America, who saw some pairs of letters as "duplicates", because they couldn't pronounce the unique throat-based tones of the original Hebrew language. This new accent was later brought to Israel.

Some examples:
&#1511; vs. &#1499;&#1468; - the one on the right is the normal "k" sound, while the one on the left comes from the throat. (The dot inside the right letter is part of the niqud - the vowels - which is optional.)
&#1495; vs. &#1499; - the one on the right is a semi-throat-based, semi-tongue-based "kh" sound, while the one on the left is a fully throat-based one.
&#1496; vs. &#1514; - the one on the right is the normal "t" sound, while the one on the left involves some strange shaping of the mouth and tongue.
&#1505; vs. &#1513;&#1474; - the one on the right is the normal "s" sound, while the one on the left involves some strange shaping of the mouth and tongue.
We don't pay attention to a single one of these differences in our everyday life, which leads to lots of spelling mistakes.

There are lots of strange stories and facts about Hebrew - if you want I can tell you some more. That will happen in another topic though, let's get back on topic now. :wink:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:32 pm

I think we should make a complete new language, abandoning everything which is illogical in the existing languages, and using only letters which are unique. That should make things much easier in communication between everyone on Earth.

Blast, I think it will be quite interesting to know about the Hebrew language, but I have to admit, I don't even recognize the letters you are using. On the other hand, I admire you and Tyteen (and other people) for speaking, writing and reading 2 different languages with complete different letters.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:10 pm

EVERYBODY LEARN NOBODIAN!
Blink
Rainbow Master

Post by Blink » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:23 am

I despise all words that little immature kids use to insult you. (weirdo, etc.)
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:30 am

You're a doofus for saying that. :)
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:21 am

I hate the word "turd."

I don't care about "retard" or "tard" but "turd"... ugh
she/her | Sayori#2285
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:47 am

bean turds. *shot*

3.studIo proudly presents (no not really): THE PIE LANGUAGE! All MADE WITH PURE RANDOMNESS and pie
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:00 am

billy bob wrote:I can't think of any words I hate but I hate the letters "X" and "Q". They shouldn't exist. "X" is just "cs". And "Q" is just "cw". And also, either C or K shouldn't exist. Only one of them should exist.
K and C sound a bit other.
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:37 am

Words? Alright.

"Memory Access Violation" :shock:
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:38 pm

I also hate the word supercalifragilisticexpialodocious.

And YES, that's the correct spelling.
she/her | Sayori#2285
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Nobody wrote:EVERYBODY LEARN NOBODIAN!
NYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! LEARN SPAMISH!
I said spamish :D not spanish LOL
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Marinus wrote:Blast, I think it will be quite interesting to know about the Hebrew language, but I have to admit, I don't even recognize the letters you are using. On the other hand, I admire you and Tyteen (and other people) for speaking, writing and reading 2 different languages with complete different letters.
Actually, Chinese, part of Japanese and Korean (possibly other languages) don't have letters. They have different parts which makes it an ideograph.

For example, 3 &#26408;'s make a &#26862;(in Cantonese, it sounds like the english word sum), and 2 &#26408;'s make a &#26519;. (Combine both words together, it will become &#26862;&#26519; which means forest.) Same with Korean (but of course another example). It is different with Japanese, since they have their own "letters" system and they also ported some Chinese words from China.

Another lesson over, this time no break for you :lol:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:21 pm

LETS MAKE A STORY WITH WORDS PEOPLE HATE!!!

Bob paced up and down the white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white white sidewalk. It was so white it was excruciating, and Bob said so when we taught his class at school. "I know," said a kid, "I seen it. Don't you hate it?" But lets get back to the story at hand. Bob was waiting to see if he got the job. He was worried about his temper, afraid he said "GIVE ME DO IT **** IT!" one too many times to the cool gangsta who was interviewing him for his job at The Quacking Ox. He said it quite often (off-en) and annoyed the smart handsome charming rich gangster who liked to rap. Finally, Bob was told he didn't get the job. "**** you, oddball!" he cried in anger. The only other position open to him was the Weirdo Turd School, which is where the class comes in. The Weirdo Turd School encouraged Mary Poppins, and he heard the 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!' song one too many times, which gave his brain a Memory Access Violation. "Bleep bop are people stuff blip boom when it think bop beep tomato because think of what they are doing blap blat war war war gummy splat," was what he said as the Memory Access Violation drove him to insanity. THE END.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:23 pm

THAT WAS BRILLIANT.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:19 pm

I don't like it back then when my gym teacher sees people late during the beginning of class and saying these words: ONE LATE! TWO LATES! THREE LATES! and so on. Why? Every late student in gym class makes the teacher add up time in our warmup jog. We start with 9 minutes joging and then adds up with late students.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Gym teachers are jerks. :lol:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!