I played bowling today

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

I played bowling today

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:56 pm

As in real-life bowling. It was fun.
I played with a couple of my friends. For a first-timer I wasn't all that bad, but could be better.

Funniest moment: one of my friends decides to waste a try in a hilarious way for laughs, stands with his BACK towards the pins and tosses the ball through his legs.

We all laugh at his clown-like antics... then everyone, including the one who DID said antics... we all watch the ball with amazement since it rolls clear towards the center. Closer... closer... STRIKE. :shock: :lol:

We all look at each other in stunned silence, then laugh. It was so funny!

The funniest thing is that he tried to repeat it -- knocked all of them except one. The second time, he did knock it down, resulting in a spare. It was filmed on a camera. The first strike, sadly, was not filmed... we didn't know it would happen... it was hilarious.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:12 pm

You hadn't bowled before? That must have been fun then! It's crazy that your friend got a strike backwards! Too bad those kind of events aren't camera-friendly! :lol:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:50 pm

At least when you want to take a picture like this:
(Actually I searched for a picture from behind the pins, or one of Muzo's friend throwing afterwards between the legs, but I didn't find any.)

Yes, such funny things usually happen only once. :lol: When I played bowling, only once at an evening I could get a strike, but actually I never could even win the consolation prize. :( :lol:
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:12 am

I managed to hit the pins so there was one in the middle, one at the very left, and one at the very right. And then it was my second go. And I got a spare by hitting the middle one on the left side and the pin went right and hit the pin on the right side and then the ball went left from hitting the middle pin on the left and then hit the leftest pin.