..lightweight but complex program,
that let's you simulate electronics:

Try it if you're up to it. This is the link:

Logic.Ly the Digital Logic Simulator

http://logic.ly/demo/
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:37 pm

XD I was using this program, then a few minutes later I found a topic about it on the forum. :lol:

I just learned to use the RS NOR latch and RS flip flop. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:19 pm

I used to use something like this. My ex-girlfriend's dad worked for a college, and there was an electronics thing called Leggo my Loggo. http://lcn.epfl.ch/aeonline/course/7/1/index.html
she/her | Sayori#2285
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:13 pm

I made a circuit which has 4 digits which form either "dead" or "beef" depending on whether the switch is on or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlcs18
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:36 am

I just made another lock. This can be actually useful for something.

First you have to enter the password, then the lock opens. To relock, you must flip the switch twice, and after that you must enter the password again in order to open the lock again.

@Dlcs; nice, but do you see the buffer down there? You didn't have to use it. You could have connected a wire straight from the switch to the display, and that would have done the job just as well.

EDIT: Oh wait, I tried this myself, and you DID have to put that buffer there. Sorry, my mistake.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Blast!10 wrote:EDIT: Oh wait, I tried this myself, and you DID have to put that buffer there. Sorry, my mistake.
I just put it there so there's two arrow things for true and false. I don't think it's required.
dlcs18
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:39 pm

The buffer? It is required, otherwise the first display (b/d) doesn't go from b straight to d, or vice versa. It passes through F or 9 for a split second.

The NOT gate and the buffer are exactly the same speed, while a wire going straight from the switch to the display is faster than the NOT gate. The signal from the "undisturbed" wire gets to the display a split second before the signal from the NOT gate, therefore causing the display to display an unintended letter for a split second. However, since the NOT gate and the buffer are exactly the same speed, placing a buffer where you did eliminates this problem. :wink:
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Post by jozsefkoma » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:15 pm

This is my first.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:30 pm

What are actually those lock thingies?
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
VirtLands
Rainbow Master

It's digital.

Post by VirtLands » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:06 am

Because of my sort-of psychic adventures in reading your minds
I was more than glad to share this link.

Thanks to ~xpr'd~, dlcs18, jozsefkoma, & Blast!10 for sharing your 'circuits'.

{ And I just saved the Leggo my Logg-O. }

Blast!10, that's an amazing thing you did, though I shall recreate it,
it seems to imply a switch, that once turned on, it can't be turned off.
And that epic-lock is great. I just discovered "digital Gates"
recently while browsing the web one night.

Blast!10 wrote:XD I was using this program, then a few minutes later I found a topic about it on the forum. :lol:

I just learned to use the RS NOR latch and RS flip flop. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to mention that there is this other digital software
called Logic Circuit:

http://www.logiccircuit.org/

I tested this one well, ... , I'm convinced there's
an error in its (logic) programming.

Pictured here in the top circuit are two ANDs;
The simulator displays two (RED) leds lighting up,
which I think is an error since the input is a ZERO. :!:

The bottom circuit also has two ANDs, and is correct.
Last edited by VirtLands on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Re: It's digital.

Post by Blast!10 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:08 am

VirtLands wrote:it seems to imply a switch, that once turned on, it can't be turned off.
What? :?
The strobe circuit can be turned off, simply if you flip the switch to its 0 state. If I'd really want to make it unable to be turned off, I'd have to use an RS NOR latch somehow. I haven't found out how exactly yet.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:30 pm

I like logic, but I don't find it logical there is a "save" button, and when you click on it, it says: You can not save files :evil:

But except that, I think it's a fine program. I would like to make a counter with only basic components (AND, OR, and NOT, so not using those flip floppers) but that appeared to be much more complicated then I thought.
:shock:

In the end I made only the preparing for the counter, but not the counter itself.

The "Power / reset to counter" should always be ON as long as the counter counts.
The "Output" gives the signal that the counter should count +1
And the "feedback" should come when the counter is ready with that count, and should reset the "output", which means: ready for the next count.

Andy, I did not check the other link yet, but I think I'll do. As I said, I like this kind of logic. :D
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Re: It's digital.

Post by Marinus » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:57 pm

VirtLands wrote:...
Pictured here in the top circuit are two ANDs;
The bottom circuit also has two ANDs, and is correct.
... Image
Is it possible that the "AND's" in the top circuit are actually NAND's? Because I see in the top symbols an open little circle at the right side. In the bottom ones a black-filled half circle.
VirtLands
Rainbow Master

the logic continues

Post by VirtLands » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:44 am

You're all so clever.
I duplicated Marinus' circuit here, and I don't know what it does,
but the way you joined those ORs and ANDs together in various ways
is really OUT-THERE, it's cool and I know it does something...
By the way, Marinus was right, I was somehow fooled into choosing
NANDs instead of ANDs in the previously discussed circuit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, this is really complex, I kept randomly clicking buttons on this "epic-lock"
created by Blast!10 till I managed to get the light on; I don't know
how it works. Good job. :shock:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spent some time on Blast!10's strobe, till I understood the math,
Here it is represented in "Logical Circuit": :wink:
A ZERO input shall cause a ZERO output, and
A ONE input shall cause it to OSCILLATE.
ImageImage
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:43 am

I think it's nice that you made such pictures, which show not only the situation at one moment, but also show what happens if you push the buttons. :D

Just in case you want to know: I realized that sending a button's output signal directly to a counter, would make the counter keep counting with the processor's clock-frequency as long as the button is activated. So I started with 2 memory parts, basically :

1. The AND and OR circuit left-above the output-light.
2. The AND and OR below that output-light, and at the right of the feedback-button.

1 is set by the "+" button, and reset by 2.
2 is set by "circuit 1" AND NOT "+", and reset by the "feedback"

(Later I added the "Power / Reset" part which also resets everything, mostly with the intention to get rid of the red wires at the beginning.)

So, basically the output circuit (2) is set by releasing the "+" button, and is going to be reset, by the counter, at the moment the counter is ready with that count.

Actually the entire circuit is nothing but a sort of interface between a user and a counter, and it makes sure that the counter has to wait until the user presses / releases the button again, before doing the next count, (in case of a very slow (human) user and a very fast counter / computer) which also means that the user has to wait before giving the next count-command until the counter has finished the previous count.

I like the visuality of the first program with the red, blue, and white wires, and that you can make it full screen, but I think also try the other ones, to see if you can save files there, because making the same circuit over and over again, doesn't make sense.

Also I would like to try how those Flip Flop's work. I believe it must be possible to build circuit's by only AND's, OR's and NOT's which does the same as a FF.