What do forum nutters look like?

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:38 pm

Yes Marinus I am Robyn.

My member name "Rescuefire" comes from my occupation. For over 20 years I was a Paramedic and Firefighter. I also teach classes to adults to get them certified to be Paramedics or Firefighters. Two separate classes that last from 9 months to a year depending on what certification they want.

I have since retired and am a computer technician now. What do you do for a living?
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:01 pm

Robyn is our Superhero Firefighter :D Fantastic and worthy job Robyn - Bravo to you as I have told you before :D

I think Marinus is a farmer? It says so in his siggie! Image :wink:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:54 pm

Hello

So that fire brigade was correct, but a paramedic is that someone like a doctor or a nurse who help wounded people? Perhaps the wounded by fire? Because I couldn't find the word and allthough I know medic; The part of a word para could mean different things I think.

What I do for work? Almost right Lillie, but not really :lol: A little farmer from outside is also a Dutch expression which means: A simple man from the countryside who speaks mostly with a dialect accent, and looks or behaves like an old fashioned farmer. It could have been, because my father had a little farm until about 15 years ago, my cousin has a farm and I help him almost every week with some farm work. And in the summer even more with the grass. (a milk cow farm)

But as a matter of fact I am an electrician, plumber, gas fitter or how do you call. I make installations mostly in common living houses but sometimes in a farm, a school or a shop. Such as electric, gas, water, warming system, rain pipe/waste pipe, telephone, television etc. But not alarm installation for fire and intruder alarm; we are not certified for, but sometimes the pipes and wires.
Monica wrote:I gather you only have WA,
I think gather means see or understand, I thought before gather means collect or put together but I 8) gather 8) it has more meanings now. But I do NOT have WA (only the demo). I only have TOW and WSW so I don't know anything about custom levels; as far as I know there are no custom levels in TOW or WSW.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:13 pm

Marinus....what is TOW? Midnight Synergy had a big sale here on the games about a month ago. I have all the wonderland games, I asked Santa for the other MS game 'Krabby Quest' with Sponge Bob and Patrick but since my daughter couldn't find it in the store I didn't get it. Actually she was to busy laughing at me since it's a kids game..

I grew up on a dairy farm when I was younger. We had so much fun. I can milk a cow, chase a hog, bail hay....ahhhhh those were the days. We had barns to play in and corn fields. This was back when kids actually got outside and played all day, now you have to keep a constant eye on them or they just want to stay inside and play video games like we do now. There's nothing like seeing a calf being born or having a good pork chop on the table. lol
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:58 pm

Wow this is fun talking about what everyone does!

My son works part time at a dairy farm here in Michigan. He's only 13 (soon to be 14) so he can only work a few hours a week. The only part he doesn't like is when they do "tires". That's when they have the big piles of feed and they cover them with plastic and then put old tires on the plastic to hold it down. It is a hard and dirty job.

Marinus, in the sentence above "gather" is like "understand".

So Monica you're an ole farm girl huh? Never would have thought that! How cool! I've watched my son and some of his buddies chase cows that have gotten out, one of the funniest things I've ever seen!!!!
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:48 pm

My ex and I raised 2 hogs years ago, my daughter got the biggest kick watching me with a bucket of feed calling them to come back home when they got out, she didn't help me at all, just stood there laughing at me. Buster and blackie sure were good eating, but I'll never do it again.

A lot of the english words can mean several different things, you got the yankee way of saying things and then there's the southern way. I'm a yankee but I've lived in the south so long you wouldn't know it, I have a great southern accent now.

I guess with Tyler working, Robyn he hasn't had any time to make a level or two. He hasn't been restricted from the PC has he or become bored with it all?
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:37 pm

Tyler is so freakin' busy with his friends that he doesn't even take time to play RTW or help me with the Kiki levels I can't get LOL

He's been gone since Thursday at either some of his buddies houses or g-pa's house. He goes back to school on Thursday so things should get back to normal.

I'm hoping he makes some more levels soon. He says that he only gets ideas when he plays other levels....sounds like stealing to me LOL
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:49 pm

I thought the original Wonderland game was called TOW just like the other games also be called by abbreviations. But hoe do you call it? Because it is all Wonderland here!
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:26 pm

jwdo wrote:That levels are from RTW, they are somewhat easy, so they are called Kids levels.
P.S:There are some Kids Level in Puzzle/Action Section.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:11 am

Well, let's see....we have

Wonderland-which is the original so I get what TOW stands for....
The Original Wonderland

Wonderland Secret Worlds....WSW
Return to Wonderland Platinum Edition....RTW
Wonderland Adventures....WA

Makes sense now. I had the original for a couple of years, then I bought WSW before I discovered there was a forum.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:23 am

uneekrose wrote: Makes sense now. I had the original for a couple of years, then I bought WSW before I discovered there was a forum.
Me too :D It's only that I found an alternative solution(see the classic trilogy forum) that I came to the forum, because first I sent a mail to midnight, and they told me to post it on the forum
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:05 pm

Pulling this back up front for a reason :wink:
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:35 pm

Ah haaaaaaaaaaa Laura! Good idea :wink:
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:07 pm

I know and I thought of this BEFORE I had my morning potta coffee :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:28 am

WHY LOL
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

Picture of myself

Post by doodlebug » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:20 pm

I found this section and it was really cool seeing all the pictures. Some were like I imagined. I see a lot of people my age like this game. It was the best game I ever received as a present. I thought I would put mine on also. It is fun seeing what most of you look like. I wish more would post their pictures. Annie from Tennessee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:11 pm

It's always nice putting a face to a name. Hi Annie, nice to see you...finally. My face is in here somewhere....
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

to Uneekrose

Post by doodlebug » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks, I saw your picture and your grandson is just adorable. It was fun looking at all these pictures of everyone. Annie
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:38 am

eh... was it okay to bump this old topic since I never recently bumped one?

if so, would you like to see my picture? EDIT: and post your own?
Last edited by Technos72 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:32 am

Um ok?
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:35 am

I'll drop this photo off here again:

It's a pretty old one, I'll probably get a new photo taken soon, because it's been a long time and I don't have a lot to do until school starts. :wink: :lol:
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:49 am

I like being mysterious *runs*
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:05 am

*gets close to tyteen's face* *sees*
I SEE YOU!!! :twisted: :lol:
There was some face book topic for this. :lol:
But this one is waaaaaay older.
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:23 am

^_^ wrote:There was some face book topic for this.
The Facebook topic wasn't for this though, was it? However, this topic is.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:44 am

This would be me. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:56 am

billy bob wrote:
^_^ wrote:There was some face book topic for this.
The Facebook topic wasn't for this though, was it? However, this topic is.
The Facebook topic was just for posting links to our accounts or something. I arbitrarily dropped my own image in there, as well as linking to my account, though. :lol:
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:09 pm

This is me seven months ago. I look kind of different now, but not very different, so I think this should count.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:47 am

Okay a list of who put their pictures of them here now (in order)

kiki
janetgalle
willwonka
the cat
dylan1298
lillian
liz mayhew
drushing
jcvalcar2
andrea
bearsland
lutz
bob roest
john925
Katja Doolewerdt
laura n
uneekrose
HelloWorld
dlcs18... but removed
Mark
Dizzy1
Marinus
doodlebug
Qloof234
tyteen4a03
jdl
Blast!10
Technos. Yes me. Done on my DSi
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
||
V
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:43 am

Looked older than I thought.

Are those drawings on the wall yours? They look good!
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:54 am

Now, where's Patrick?

Patrick, we want to know how you look like. :)