MOFI - Scritter Maze

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:31 pm

If the scritter is where you say, am I above or below him?
Either way, in that position, I cannot reach the spot I need to aim for, unless I move further towards the scritter, in which case, he moves and is no longer where I need him.
paidi21
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by paidi21 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:52 pm

tessa123123 wrote:If the scritter is where you say, am I above or below him?
Either way, in that position, I cannot reach the spot I need to aim for, unless I move further towards the scritter, in which case, he moves and is no longer where I need him.
Read this:
you are below the scritter
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:09 pm

Sorry - but just cannot get this:
I am now where you say, but I cannot get to blink behind him - I just hit the wall.
If I move , the scritter is no longer where I need him. To get him to turn left, I end up on the gate trigger button.
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:10 pm

Sorry, end bit should read:
To get him to turn left, I end up on the gate trigger button.
paidi21
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by paidi21 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:19 pm

tessa123123 wrote:Sorry, end bit should read:
To get him to turn left, I end up on the gate trigger button.
you are below, go down till you are in front of the wall, then i think it was one step to the left. Blink from this position between the two buttoms
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

Post by nancyec » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:07 pm

ok, I've got him directly in front of the green button, I am to his right, I have 3 blinks left. I can only get him to go on the red button or run about in the maze. How do I get him on the green button????

Thanks!! (ready to get this level over with & move on)
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:17 pm

Thanks for that, now I am stuck again. I feel I just cannot get my brain around this puzzle.
I have read the post above, but I cannot get the scritter on the green button.
Going through the red and orange gates just takes me in a circle. The scritters don't come with me, cus I can't get them to.
Someone take me by the hand please.
btw way, I only have 2 blinks left as I could only get the scritter through the blue gate by using 3 blinks.
I feel like giving up and using the cheat, but up to now, I have not succomed to this, and then I will never know how it is done!
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:20 pm

When he's at red button, BLINK past the red gate, he'll then stop on the green button. Step on orange button and BLINK through gate.
Inger
Norway
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:47 pm

Just one slight problem:
I have got the 2 scritters out and round to the yellow button, but I have no more blinks left, so he does not stay there.
I presume I have to do the blue button / gate thing in only 2 blinks, but I had extreme difficulty doing it using 3!.
Do I have to forfeat the coins in order to get an extra blink?
If I have to do it in 2, please tell me how.
Much indebted to you for your help.
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:48 pm

Just one slight problem:
I have got the 2 scritters out and round to the yellow button, but I have no more blinks left, so he does not stay there.
I presume I have to do the blue button / gate thing in only 2 blinks, but I had extreme difficulty doing it using 3!.
Do I have to forfeit the coins in order to get an extra blink?
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:48 pm

Just one slight problem:
Do I have to forfeit the coins in order to get an extra blink?
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:25 pm

I used 2:
Blink Down
Keyboard right
Blink down
Keyboard again to push the scritter up throug the gate. It takes a few practive runs to know exactly where to land on that second blink so scritter goes up and through and not over to the right.

You do not have to get through the blue gate yourself. Once the scritter is in there, you can walk up and around.
Loirae
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

Post by nancyec » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:54 pm

FINALLY finished it (w/ all coins & gems)

Here's how I did it:
Nothing fast, in fact, I went really slow, pausing between steps to get the scritter to stop & look at me so he wouldn't go off on a tangent I didn't want. I read through the posts & used everybody's hints as to getting the scritter to move the right direction. Then, I used the blinks as follows:
1-2 to get the scritter thru the blue gate
3-4 to get coins/gems (don't wait until the end, if you try to blink to get them, the scritter will come off the yellow button)
5 to blink between the pink & blue buttons to get the scritter headed toward the red/green button
6 to blink below the red/green buttons to get the scritter on the red button
7 to blink 2 spaces above the red gate so the scritter will go on the green button
8 to blink out of the orange gate
9 to blink past the scritter on the yellow button
If you need any specifics, I'll try to help but ask quickly, my memory will fade fast! Also, I don't know how to do screen shots so if you want one, you'll have to walk me through that.

Good luck to those still trying it!
LisaK
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by LisaK » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:12 pm

How do you get the scritter to jump right towards the yellow button?
LisaK
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by LisaK » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:48 pm

I figured it out. If anyone else needs hint:
go get the second scritter off the green button. with two scritters one will jump left.
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:19 pm

I need super finger speed to get the scritter through the blue gate, for which my fingers can't move fast enough to do it.
He keeps getting blown up by the blue gate.
I have tried keyboard and mouse options.
I think I will have to forsake my coins to get an extra blink - or will I need them later on in the game?
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

Post by nancyec » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:40 pm

tessa,

you need 7 blinks minimum (the way I play it) to get through the game. The other 2 blinks are for the coins. If you don't get those, you can use them elsewhere in the game.

Here's basically how I got the scritter through the blue gate w/ 2 blinks (using other people's hints....thanks!)
slowly walk the scritter around & back so he's standing right in front of the blue gate (go slow & come at him at an angle so he doesn't run onto the log before the blue button). Then: 1st blink to blue button, second blink to the position to the left of and one up from the column, walk right 2 spaces (you'll be in the uppermost corner around the column), blink down 5 spaces (have your finger on the up keyboard button), walk up one space w/ the keyboard, then he goes in
tessa123123
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tessa123123 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:44 am

Thank you so much. That one was soo hard for me. I have now completed the 4 rooms on the right - now for the rest!!!
iancull
Gold Wonderlander

Post by iancull » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:46 pm

Thanks for all that help, everyone! Also baffled but solved with these hints, and didn't need any "frantic fingers" :)
Pat
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Pat » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:52 pm

I am stuck, really stuck....I've gotten my scritter thru the blue gate....I now need him at the red button.

'Going around and chasing him' just isn't gonna do it for me without him stepping on the pink/aqua buttons. At what point can I make him head left instead of to the buttons on the right?

It's also been posted to "blink between the pink/blue buttons to get him headed left toward red'. At what point would I do that?

I've completed all of the levels in The Jungle Temple except for this one. Thank you in advance. :wink:
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:58 am

Pat,
With the scritter already on the other side of the Blue gate, go in and chase him up so he is between the two mean buttons, and left one space. So, button, scritter button, but shaped like <. (Hard to do without posting a picture, sorry.)
Then, you stand in the bottom area. You can blink from exactly one spot to between the two buttons and right of the scritter. That way when you land you will force the scritter left.
You'll be like:
OB
SY
OB
Where O is empty, B=Buttons, S=Scritter, Y=You.

The spot that you start your blink from I can't remember, but I know it looks like a spot that should't work as if around a corner. Just get the scritter in place and then save. Then you can blink from a bunch of places in that bottom area.
I know it's really hard to explain and I don't want to post the spoiler picture here unless really really needed.
Loirae
nancyec
Gold Wonderlander

Post by nancyec » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:33 am

You can get the scritter to stand one space to the left of the space between the pink& blue buttons, right?
At that point, there is one spot & one spot only where you can stand in the blue gate room & blink to the spot between the pink & blue buttons. It's at the bottom of the blue room, maybe 2 spots to the left from the right lower corner. Try it a few times & see. I do remember for sure that the spot you have to be standing in is at the bottom of the blue gate room.
Pat
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Pat » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:09 pm

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Loirae and nancyec....your instructions fit perfectly in my "orderly" brain, anyway what's left of it! :lol:

Level solved, now on to bigger and :shock: :shock: :shock: things! :wink:
syclone
Silver Wonderlander

Blue gate and Scritter

Post by syclone » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:26 pm

Where do i position the scritter to get him through the blue gate ???
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Blue gate and Scritter

Post by Marinus » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:36 pm

syclone wrote:Where do i position the scritter to get him through the blue gate ???
Just below that blue gate. And then you need to blink fast from the blue timer to the alcove below there.
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by janellesnip » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:45 pm

Salin writes:
Salin wrote:
Blink behind him, between the two buttons.
but I cannot blink past the scritter in any position: it blocks my "bullet".
What I can do until now is to get the scritter just west of the two buttons, with my stinker two spaces to the north, south or west of the scritter.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Did you watch the solution yet?

They are all here: http://www.midnightsynergy.com/nutters/ ... Istars.htm
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by janellesnip » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:57 pm

got it, thanks.