MOFI - The Tree of Life

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:43 pm

:D Please believe me, finally you will get it. If it's not today, then tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. :D
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:34 pm

That's what I ment. If you can't get out, then you're not fast enough, sorry. I used left hand on keyboard and right hand on the mouse.
Keep on trying :lol:
Inger
Norway
msmithnc
Bronze Wonderlander

Are there really 6 coins on this level?

Post by msmithnc » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:25 am

I am replaying MOFI after a long time away (didn't finish then, but I'm enjoying it more this time!). When I finally got through Tree of Life this time I noticed that I had gotten all the gems, but only 3 of 6 coins. If there are three more coins, I sure never saw them. Does anyone know where they are? Mary
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:08 am

Mary, after finishing the level you go back through the red arrow to the first area where everything is green now. There are also the other three coins.
msmithnc
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by msmithnc » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:49 am

Wow, I missed that completely! Thanks.
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

Janelle's solution (almost)

Post by janellesnip » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Before even visiting this forum, here is what I figured out:
First I get my blinks and go out the western side of the yellow gate. Then I walk east and then north, blinking over the light blue tile.
I continue northwards, blinking to the top right (northeasternmost) corner of chomper island that I can reach from where I am.
Immediately I walk southeast to the wall and remain there. The chomper gets bounced northwestwards, northeastwards and westwards.
I check to see that he is on the path to the left (west) of me, then I bounce myself to the second island.
I lure the chomper to go to the corner above (north of) me. This gives me a head start on the run to the bridge.
I bounce myself westwards and walk as quickly as I can to the bridge.
I blink once over the one-step tile, and once more to the one-tile-island next to the bridge.
The chomper follows me and gets bounced.
I wait for the chomper to reappear next to the yellow gate.
I blink myself back to where the gems are. I eat the gems.
I walk up the bridge and get bounced around the level and south of the blue tile, then proceed to the area with the coins.
I walk down the left (western) bridge; I eat all the coins, making sure to eliminate all but the left (western) one-step tiles to the coins.
I remain standing on the western one-step tile and wait for the chomper. In the meantime I click on the gloves.
As soon as the chomper reaches the first (or second) one-step tile on the right (east), I blink back to mainland. Chomper remains on the one-step tile.
I walk and blink up to the tile diagonally south of the red gate and prepare myself.
Up to here I have saved.
Up until now this most resembles Janet's solution.
The idea to blink from the path directly to the gems is interesting, and I shall try it at some point.

But next come my problems:
I step next to the red gate.
The red gate opens as the chomper steps on the timer.
Then I have five seconds to do all of the following:
(a) click on the glove.
(b) click on blue-to-white
(c) right arrow to white-to-orange
(d) click on the glove
(e) click on pink-to-orange
(f) right arrow to orange-to-blue
(g) right arrow out

This is way more than I can accomplish in five seconds.

I hope someone can help me!
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:27 pm

Instead of clicking on the glove you can simply right click and the magic will be ready to fire. :wink:

Hope this helps. :D
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

right click

Post by janellesnip » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:30 am

Thank you, it did help!