I'm trying to build my own anime

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

I'm trying to build my own anime

Post by Technos72 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:06 pm

I'm not asian but I think Japan is awesome for its anime. I've been thinking about making my own anime on YouTube and probably deviantART if I sign up for it. But process may move slowly.

This anime MIGHT be called Denki hausumeito. Japanese for Electric Housemate. It's this guy who's housemates with two other friends. I'm still thinking of more things to put in this plot (or whatever that word is)

I have one character already simply drawn on MS Paint. But I'm still thinking about sharing this with EVERYBODY or not yet. So I'll put him up soon.

Just a question for the other two main characters, who thinks it's normal that a group of friends containing both genders (boy and girl) can share the same house and become housemates/roommates? Tell me and I'll work on the other characters.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: I'm trying to build my own anime

Post by jdl » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Sounds good so far! :)
Technos72 wrote:Just a question for the other two main characters, who thinks it's normal that a group of friends containing both genders (boy and girl) can share the same house and become housemates/roommates? Tell me and I'll work on the other characters.
Seems normal to me.
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:18 pm

Technos72 wrote: Just a question for the other two main characters, who thinks it's normal that a group of friends containing both genders (boy and girl) can share the same house and become housemates/roommates? Tell me and I'll work on the other characters.
Sounds alright, but will this be a kid friendly anime?
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:26 pm

I guess so. There may be some suggestive themes.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:49 pm

OMG do you even have an idea how much WORK is it to ANIMATE it? It's frame after frame after frame after frame. Even if you do a ton of tricks to cover it, it's still a ton of work. Unless you're crazy (like Makoto Shinkai) do a manga, it's a MUCH more realistic option.
It's not that I'm trying to discourage you, but seriously, doing a whole anime by yourself... wow. I don't know of ANYONE aside from Makoto Shinkai who could pull this off.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:13 am

OK OK OK OK OK OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll use this anime to create art and manga! I don't think I can animate THAT MUCH! Thank you for the warning!

EDIT: I'll show the first character to the world tomorrow :wink:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:44 am

Exactly what I was talking about. :wink:

Creating a manga by yourself is fairly possible if you can draw reasonably well, but creating a whole anime... even with computer-generated inbetween frames, even with using some sort of a program to build a 3D map with custom textures for your scene and then slowly noclip through it for camera panning... even with using all the cost-cutting camera angles (example: hands covering the mouth so that you don't have to animate it) the sheer amount of stuff you would STILL have to draw by hand... is just ridiculous.

And aside from that, even if you COULD draw the whole thing... the music. The sound effects. THE VOICE ACTING. It's pretty much impossible to pull it off all by yourself unless you're Makoto Shinkai or just as crazy-in-a-good-way as him.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:08 pm

I'm gonna try using MS paint because firstly, I suck at drawing anime by hand that it takes a really long time, second I could share this to the world in good quality because if I draw on paper, I have to take a picture a page and it'll come out bad. You could barely read and see stuff.

One question though, can manga have colour? I was thinking of this overnight when I couldn't sleep.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Uh, you don't know how hard it is to make (an) anime. Take Ponyo as an example, it took the whole workshop (with 50 people I think) A WHOLE YEAR to draw OVER 100000 pictures. Even with computer's help and more CG help, it could possibly take at least 6 months AND you don't have the equipment. Paint is not going to work.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Wait. Are you talking about the movie? There's a Ponyo manga?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:18 pm

tyteen is talking about anime.
can manga have colour
Usually not, but there are some weird off-the-wall titles which don't follow this convention.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:30 pm

I was thinking about putting this manga in colour so that it looks like it's a show. Complete with a bloom effect for lighted scenes If I know how.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Technos72 wrote:I'm gonna try using MS paint
Forget making anime then.
No offense, but there is no way that it'll come out good if you use it. If you can't draw it by hand, you can't draw it on the computer.
she/her | Sayori#2285
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:29 pm

Wait, MS Paint?
You could actually try to do it on a computer, yes, but you'd need a better program than that.

Also: take your time. You aren't in a hurry, so take your time and do it well.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Ok as promised, this is the first Techno Noobs official anime character I have managed to make a few months ago. I'm real nervous but I had to. So this guys name is Kiyoshi Nishi and he's the main character.

Uh... It's a draft. This might not be what it looks like because I was using MS paint before I tried Paint.NET which had more features. So next time I'll make a good copy of him.

Oh god here it goes...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:14 pm

What happened to his neck? Or is that his normal skin color, in which case what happened to his head?
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:18 pm

it's called shading.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Nice artwork, far better than I'd be able to do. Except you'd have to draw that frame-by-frame like someone else said...
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Nobody wrote:What happened to his neck? Or is that his normal skin color, in which case what happened to his head?
Nobody:
Skin: Deeman has the answer
Head: Nothing happend. :? If something happened to his head that means he has the Weegee Virus *shot*

Kooky:
Is I said before, I'm not doing animation. This anime is used for small manga and art

If most of you give Kiyoshi a thumbs up, I'll make a manga strip using him and two other characters not made by me.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:00 am

That's REALLY nice. Like, really. Anime needs more blending though. That's not really anime style, but you could make it pretty good if you keep drawing stuff like that.
Better than I could do.
she/her | Sayori#2285
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:40 am

This is really nice. Especially for something done in MS Paint.

The character itself looks just fine, though the smile looks funny and a bit strange. I guess it's intentional, though. I like this character quite a bit.

The coloring is mostly good, except for the pants. That blue doesn't seem to fit. Recoloring in Paint is easy, so just try to find a more fitting color. This shade of blue just doesn't work. At all.

Overall: very good, much better than what I'd be able to do, shows that you're probably able to draw by hand as well. (even if it takes long) Keep it up!
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am

*BIG BOUNCY BUMP*

It's been a while... okay. A BIG while ever since my Kiyoshi drawing had a few comments. And as mentioned in the Super Kiyoshi Bros topic, I was to make another anime character to continue working. Obviously it's female.

This is the finished character. I DID NOT make most of this work. This was done with an anime character generator (I should do the same thing with Kiyoshi). So this is who you'll see in Super Kiyoshi Bros. But one thing. I don't know if parts of the generator was taken off some other anime. I know so because I saw some content from Vocaloid in it. So signal me if you see them.

Anyways, say hello to Yumi Utada
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:02 am

That looks amazing! :D
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:04 am

That's just how an anime character SHOULD look - huge eyes and bizarre hair colour. *shot*

You said you used Paint.NET... is it something I have to purchase, or can I download it? :?:
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:22 am

Paint.NET is free. Another good program is GIMP 2.