The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

eee226
Rainbow Star

Post by eee226 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:29 pm

Whats audacity
sometimes, kiwis have to die
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:49 pm

eee226 wrote:Whats audacity
It's an audio editing and recording program that can be found here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Sammy_P wrote:Open the file in Audacity. I hid a message in it.
I tried to open it in Audacity but it said that it can't find a data folder.
dlcs18
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:38 pm

tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:51 am

Next time just render it as a .wav file. .aup files are used for storing the wave's information.
MyNameIsKooky wrote:Wow Emerald, that was deep. :lol:

If I were an admin here, I would definitely recruit you as a moderator.
#REDIRECT [http://3ps.hk-diy.net/forum/showgroups.php|3.studIo]

Yeah, I am pretty clever. *shot*
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sun May 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Tue May 17, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:55 am

I wrote a 200 words application letter to MS when Yuv left the team and the quality of posts were steadily dropping. I talked with Q and he says 'yeah, you should probably apply for mod' then I sent the letter.

Also, it is recommended that you get skype back so yo can join the mod chat. Not required, though. And we don't swear there.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
VirtLands
Rainbow Master

Curse words in OFF-Topic.

Post by VirtLands » Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 pm

All those in favor of shutting down the Off-Topic say 'Aye'!
Those in favor of letting it continue say 'Nay'.

Aye, aye!, aye, aye!
Nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay!, nay!

The nays have won! So the Off-Topic stays ON. ;)
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:21 pm

Nay!
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Wed May 11, 2011 12:44 am

Nay! :P
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Wed May 11, 2011 3:18 am

Aye!!!

Wait, what are we voting on again? :oops:
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:13 am

AYE!!
do you want the off topics to be closed!
i say nay!
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:52 am

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri May 13, 2011 1:58 am

Emerald141 wrote:I have to ask... do you guys really think I'd be good as a moderator?
Seeing that deep wall of text, yes. :lol:

I think that each individual section (or forum area) should have different moderators. Random/out of place stuff turns up occasionally in those areas as well.

If Patrick ever offers such a thing, I would prefer to be one for the WA Editor forum. :)
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:49 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Emerald141 wrote:I have to ask... do you guys really think I'd be good as a moderator?
Seeing that deep wall of text, yes. :lol:

I think that each individual section (or forum area) should have different moderators. Random/out of place stuff turns up occasionally in those areas as well.

If Patrick ever offers such a thing, I would prefer to be one for the WA Editor forum. :)
Patrick has already stated that he doesn't need one for other forums, but I disagree. Probably because that some users don't want their email address to be spoiled.

But seriously, a moderator is a kind of police that the admin trusts - don't you trust your admin to not sell your information to 3rd party? I mean, seriously?
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Emerald141 wrote:I have to ask... do you guys really think I'd be good as a moderator? I mean, I'm just wonder
Around the off topics?
you look good being a moderator.
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Yeah, I think you'd do well. :)

Onto the original purpose of this topic - Nice job hijacking WonderWiki, SammyBros. I mean, of course, if people aren't listening to you here, doing something like that is totally going to make people take you seriously, right? :roll:

Yes, I know I'm being more sarcastic than usual, but I mean... come on. If you want people to pay heed to what you're saying about the language used in the Off-Topic area, an attack on WonderWiki - or anywhere for that matter - won't convince people to take you seriously.

Honestly? I would've locked this topic by now if it was in the Off-Topic section, but I can't. If you want people to pay attention and take you seriously, then you should start paying the same respect to them as well.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Fri May 13, 2011 9:32 pm

<clapping picture here>

Anyways, I'll build on that. I think he's overestimating his power and influence and underestimating ours. Spamming an easily-fixable site and saying that we will surrender won't do anything because we have nothing to surrender for. I can ban him on Wonderwiki and have a strong influence on him and his actions on this forum as well. Also, using words like "we" isn't only misleading, it's lying. He was spamming as himself, not as a group. I think the only time that we'd surrender is if he attacked the webservers of the forum and/or wonderwiki directly. A DDoS wouldn't be fun to clean up. I could temporarily host the forum on my website for a while, too. I remember him wanting to be an admin and there's no way I'd ever allow that now. I was skeptical at first but he's crossed a line and while we may be in a cyber-war of some sort, we as a forum aren't the ones fighting.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:40 pm

He is pretty desperate.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Emerald141 wrote:-Changed Tyteen's username and userpage to the username and user page of "THAT GUY WHO WILL SURRENDER"
He only changed my user page.

In accordance to this attack I have:
-Banned Micman27
-Made move admin-only
-Installed anti-spam measures (I won't spoil it for now, but it's pretty powerful I guess :P)

The Minecraft icon... I don't know. His main target is to screw up WonderWiki, so he just replace one of the most popular image (yes I have to admit, WW has a lot of stubs :P) into some other things. For billy bob's user page, I believe he is referring to "Trolololol", an internet meme.

And no, the mess was pretty easy to clean up. Make the mess 10000x worse and I can still clean it up within 5 minutes. (but actually it took me over 30 minutes because 25 minutes was spent talking to other wiki admins and doing other stuff :P)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri May 13, 2011 10:00 pm

War is too big of a word to describe this. It's just about some kid who's throwing a tantrum and taking it out on us for some reason.

Has anyone else noticed that Sammy_P's attitude was getting worse and worse before he finally left the forum? Something was clearly bugging him, but I don't think he's going to tell us what. If anything, it would be nice if he responded to Emerald's post.

About the picture of the Minecraft guy, that's Herobrine. Herobrine is a guy who was rumored to appear in single player saves and build random stuff like sand pyramids. Herobrine has long since been proven fake, though. My guess is that Sammy_P was trying to scare us with it, but the Herobrine myth is about 2 years old now and no one gets scared by it anymore.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:05 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:War is too big of a word to describe this. It's just about some kid who's throwing a tantrum and taking it out on us for some reason.
I guess I am big then :P
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Fri May 13, 2011 10:13 pm

I've banned Micman/Sammy_P on NFW, before he could start spaming there. I'm gonna ban his IP as well in a bit.

Sammy_P, is you go back to how you were, I'll unban you. It's as simple as that.

Edit:Just so you know...I know he went in saying he's Sammy_Bro, but they use the same account here...I'm pretty shure it's because Sammy_Bro's pass was lost, but it's better safe than sorry.
Last edited by boywhoflies on Fri May 13, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chatroom
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Fri May 13, 2011 10:36 pm

boywhoflies wrote:I've banned Micman/Sammy_P on NFW, before he could start spaming there. I'm gonna ban his IP as well in a bit.

Sammy_P, is you go back to how you were, I'll unban you. It's as simple as that.
He has a dynamic IP. It changes. A lot.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Fri May 13, 2011 10:41 pm

I think this is just a publicity stunt. The fact that he spammed on WonderWiki, which is totally unrelated to swearing in the off-topic section, strongly suggests that. I recommend that we ignore this topic until MS gets around to locking it.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Fri May 13, 2011 10:42 pm

That sucks. Well, the 1 IP he has posted from on NFW has been banned.
His account is banned anyway...

Chatroom
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri May 13, 2011 11:04 pm

Now he has left the forum he has nothing to lose and that is why he can do things like this. He knows it is not as simple as banning him because
1. He has many IPs.
2. It isn't just this forum (it is also things like WonderWiki).
And that is why he thinks we might surrender if he tells us to.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Fri May 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Guys, since he resistered on Noob Free World, I have his e-mail(or his bro's, at least). I dought he is actually still reading these forums, but we can contact him by e-mail if we want.

Should I e-mail him your posts, Emerlad?

Chatroom
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Master Wonder Mage wrote:I think this is just a publicity stunt. The fact that he spammed on WonderWiki, which is totally unrelated to swearing in the off-topic section, strongly suggests that. I recommend that we ignore this topic until MS gets around to locking it.
I'm assuming you mean as a way for him to garner attention?

If so, he certainly has, but none of it's positive. In fact, when MS gets wind of this, I certainly won't be surprised if both of the SammyBro accounts are banned indefinitely.

From what I can tell, he's angered at us - this whole community - incredibly badly. Why? I have no idea.

Sammy_P. I suggest if you want your image to improve in any way, shape, or form, you start being direct about what your grievances are. Planting cryptic messages in audio files and attacking a fansite are not getting your point across - and even if it was, people would probably be disregarding it on principle because of how you're presenting it.

In fact, in my honest opinion, you should be ashamed of yourself right now. While I agree that the starting point of all this (the language used in the Off-Topic Area) is a legitimate problem, it is nowhere near as big a deal as you're making it out to be. Additionally, like I said, it's no worse than the language that's been used in other sections of the forum as well, so shutting down the Off-Topic Section over some naughty words wouldn't accomplish anything.

The way I see it, you've reversed this situation - The only one who's done anything reprehensible in this topic is you. You're making unreasonable demands about the forum that aren't your decision in the first place, and in doing so, invariably lashing out at Tyteen, xpr'd and me. The only legitimate grievance here would be from us to you for implying we're doing a bad job as moderators.

Oh, and don't say I'm inflating my own ego here. I'm not saying we're doing a great job - If you want to register a complaint about how we're doing, do it respectfully instead of demanding that the Off-Topic board should be shut down over something that's never been an issue before.

To reiterate - The language problem is nowhere near enough to mandate shutting down an entire section of the forum, whatever point you're trying to make is not going to be acknowledged due to how you're presenting it, and you're only making things worse for yourself by carrying on in this childish manner.

That is all.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri May 13, 2011 11:27 pm

He is doing this because he has nothing to lose. He doesn't care if he gets banned because he has already quit everything online to do with Wonderland. It doesn't matter to him so he "might as well" do things for our emotional responses - he is trolling, like he said on my WonderWiki profile.